80% charge limit

... where as I dont like going over 95% as the regeneration braking operates in a different manner.
hmm my SR regen works even above 95% in fact everytime i start the car. the regen is always the strongest and i feel it because i always switch it back to medium or 1 less than.

Charging in my Essence 64 works as it says on the tin. I have set the time as per the app and also from the infotainment screen no problem. I have had 2 problems, both my fault. One was when I did not seat the charging cable properly & it failed to charge & the other was when I was fiddling with the slider and left it at 40% & wondered why it didn't charge to 80% as I expected. Doh.

So it looks like the software issues with the charge timers in earlier models have been sorted.

If I charge to 100% the car will not allow me to set One Pedal Driving till I have burned through 10 to 15% of the battery. I leave the regen on 3 & it seems to stay that way even with the battery at 100%

I don't always charge my Trophy to 100% . But if I do the regen still works from 100% maybe it is backed off slightly but it's not by much and by 99% it's working as usual. I really don't notice much if any difference.

I see maybe 1% then 2% regeneration almost from setting off, then it gradually increases until the battery is about 95%. I don't see how anyone can get full regeneration at 100% because there's nowhere to put it.
True. Whenever I charge my Trophy to 100%, as soon as I start I get a message on screen warning me that there's no regen available. Regen kicks in again as soon as I've used around 2% as a rule.

So, I checked the software version and it is in R24. I have to call the dealer to update this. I'm assuming this will fix the charging limit issue.
I'm having the same issue as you. Been back to the dealer twice so far and still no resolution, car gets a clean bill of health each time and they say the software is up to date. Yet, it still won't stop at 80%. They think it's something to do with the App over-riding the Infotainment system but if I set to 80% on the App, it chnages to 80% on the Infotainment system - and still doesn't stop at 80%!! Did your previous idea work out with the schedule set to stop at target battery level?

I'm having the same issue as you. Been back to the dealer twice so far and still no resolution, car gets a clean bill of health each time and they say the software is up to date. Yet, it still won't stop at 80%. They think it's something to do with the App over-riding the Infotainment system but if I set to 80% on the App, it chnages to 80% on the Infotainment system - and still doesn't stop at 80%!! Did your previous idea work out with the schedule set to stop at target battery level?
It doesn't work the scheduling either. But I can try again. I have to drive to get it below 80% again and I'll try with the scheduling. What is weird is in the infotainment: It doesn't show up the "charge until battery target level". Only the start hour and stop hour. We may be using the latest MG iSMART app that is not compatible with older firmware on the car...
Let's see. I'll be back in a day or two.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back