80% charge limit

I have the luxury edition and is also ignoring the charging limit, either app or in the car.
Since only the standard model have LFP, only that makes sense to charge up to 100%. If someone wants to limit the charge, it makes no sense for the car ignoring this limit, especially in NMC packs like mine and comfort and long range and xpower. It's critical to maintain at most 80% but charge up to 100% one in a month for balancing (especially after couple of DC charges since DC current is too high than balance current of BMS).

Just had email from dealer, there's a software update coming about the not stopping at 80% requested charge problem apparently. 🤞
It's 27th of October and, so far, mine is up to date.

I've not tried adjust the limit in the car but I have used iSmart and it works every time.

What is VERY important is to wait about 10 seconds until you get the Success or Fail banner. If you do't wait for that the setting in the car will not change.

IMG_6745.PNG

Is there both a schedule and a limit?
that's an interesting question. I thought on that. Let me do this, I'm going now to the car and remove any scheduled charging time (I did indeed have it). Let me see if it charges beyond 80% or if it sticks at 80%. It's, at the moment, at 79%. I'll be back here.

If you have a LR and it goes beyond the charge limit set on the car then you have a bug and should contact your dealer.

SR cars no longer have a charge limit since it is recommended to fully charge whenever possible. Early versions of the SR software included a limit but it was then removed, causing some confusion.
LFP ftw!!! Gotta love getting into my car every morning with 100% soc... u know like your mobile phone...hehehe

Currently charging and I’ve just set it back to 70% in the app (iOS) and the success banner appeared and the car now shows this…

IMG_6747.jpeg

that's an interesting question. I thought on that. Let me do this, I'm going now to the car and remove any scheduled charging time (I did indeed have it). Let me see if it charges beyond 80% or if it sticks at 80%. It's, at the moment, at 79%. I'll be back here.
Screenshot_20231027_150956_MG iSMART.jpg

It still goes beyond the limit. :(

Currently charging and I’ve just set it back to 80% in the app (iOS) and the success banner appeared and the car now shows this…

View attachment 21180
If you move the limit, does the milage change on the screen? Because mine is always the same.

at the maximum power rate until it goes to 100%? that doesn't make sense to me. Either it stops at 80% and balance or it goes beyond 80% and balance at full state of charge, something I don't want. I want to stick at 80%.
It's only charging at 1.41Kw - max is around 7 on the charger?

It does. Check the attached images.
79% with the limit at 80%. it's now at 81% still charging.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027_150956_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_150956_MG iSMART.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20231027_143104_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_143104_MG iSMART.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20231027_142955.jpg
    20231027_142955.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 47
ok I noticed in something interesting. In the scheduled charging section, on mobile, it shows that I can configure the endtime as target battery level... well, let's enable this but I have doubts regarding start time. if charging to target battery level, I presume the start time makes no difference.

1698418328792.png

Here's video for you to prove it works. it starts just as the level clicks over from 79 to 80%.
I can't help thinking that your problem is either down to your really low charge rate or maybe Android related.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back