Press brake for auto-hold
Open car menu
Deselect LKA and Traffic Sign recognition
Lights to "off" or "on": disabling auto lights
Open Car Play
Plan route in Google Maps and start
Affix sunglasses as needed
Drive off

You adjust the mirror/seat/column every journey…?

Did it again by accident this morning and the result was the same, so it’s definitely the case that pressing the brake too quickly before certain things happen on boot up cause this message to appear.

Car startup sequence seem to be starting a little slower too. No problem though, I just need to be just a bit slower on the brake. Old habits die hard.

Startup speed seems to vary a bit, from blink-and-you-missed-it to a few seconds. I've seen it noticeably slower once or twice, possibly just after it had done the error message thing because I've been too quick.

It also did the error message once when I'd left the tailgate unfastened, even though I did everything right. I think I'm just getting used to it because it hasn't done it recently.

Had this yesterday. It’s definitely related to the car start up.

I recall putting my foot on the brake very early, before the larger screen had even woken up when this happened. Wonder if it didn’t like that?

Watched it boot up, took my foot back off and it was all good again so will keep an eye out.
yes its put foot on brake doesnt engage gear ,let brake go press again try put in gear but just gear the ready message then next press release brake it will go in gear but annoying when ur in the middle of the road and need to take off fast

I find the touch screen to be so sensitive that it is difficult to use it while concentrating on the road ahead.
Mine has improved with the addition of a matt screen protector - also helps when the sun is coming in the passenger window! I got this one for main infotainment, and their 7" version for the driver console
(Non-affiliate link to infotainment product)
Amazon product ASIN B0BQWZJQ3B

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel