Any Orange Trophy orders still outstanding?

Spoke to a different person, and it’s not looking good for this month :(

According to the latest info I was given “we hear literally nothing until about 3 weeks from delivery”.

If it were down to me I’d go for the black trophy they have in stock. My kids are set on the orange one though!!

MG are not shipping enough orange shades. I had a orange on order since last August. I was offered grey on a couple of occasions which I declined. I was informed by the dealer that there is no update on orange shades.
Speculation on my part, I think a car might be allocated to you only when it lands on UK soil as opposed to being built to order in the factory in China( which is how Tesla ordering works I suspect).

According to Perry’s Fleet, my car STILL doesn’t have a build slot. Don’t think my late April estimate is looking hopeful!
I spoke to Perrys on Tuesday and same for me mine still doesn't have a build slot, don't think I will be seeing it in early April

I spoke to Perrys on Tuesday and same for me mine still doesn't have a build slot, don't think I will be seeing it in early April
I wonder how Perrys see build slot info when my dealer says they get no info till 3 weeks before?

My old car is going to the scrapyard tomorrow, so the lack of info is quite annoying.

I wonder how Perrys see build slot info when my dealer says they get no info till 3 weeks before?

My old car is going to the scrapyard tomorrow, so the lack of info is quite annoying.
Hi rdrr, I collected My MG4 se on Dec 22 2022, and ordered a Trophy straight away at Roy Tolleys Colchester Essex. They said 4 to 6 months. Haven't chased them about it yet, but I'm very happy with the SE so thinking I might not take the ordered Trophy now....
So there's one spare maybe....
Could call this morning and check. Well post there answer..

Just for those who don't know, MG4 were initially imported on an allocation basis: until the cars arrived off the boat they weren't assigned to a specific dealer, which is why some of you are being told the dealer won't know until a few weeks before (it can take 3-4 weeks to get from port to dealer).

From January they were supposed to be switching to a trackable ordering system but this may have been delayed or may be that some are trackable some are not.

Last edited:
Just for those who don't know, MG4 were initially imported on an allocation basis: until the cars arrived off the boat they weren't assigned to a specific dealer, which is why some of you are being told the dealer won't know until a few weeks before (it can take 3-4 weeks to get from port to dealer).

From January they were supposed to be switching to a trackable ordering system but this may have been delayed or may be that are trackable some are not.
Hi, thanks for the info. Yeah my assumption was that after the IT system upgrade, everyone would be able to get more info about their order. Maybe that’s incorrect and hopefully I’ll get a pleasant surprise when it then turns up unannounced at the docks!

Just trying to gauge, if you’re still awaiting delivery of your Orange Trophy, could you please reply with your order date and expected delivery date, and any other info you may have?

Many thanks!

Ordered 9th Dec - still “Awaiting Build Slot” with anticipated delivery “Late April”
Ordered early November expected end of April

Just trying to gauge, if you’re still awaiting delivery of your Orange Trophjust don't know what to do now.y, could you please reply with your order date and expected delivery date, and any other info you may have?

Many thanks!

Ordered 9th Dec - still “Awaiting Build Slot” with anticipated delivery “Late April”
I had ordered in November, only to get a call this week to say the value they offered me for my ZS EV had dropped by £8000 but would i still like to order my new E4, paid the deposit and got the receipt in my hand but they have gone back on the deal. By the way the dealer gauranteed the deal in November. I am left in bits, could have sold it in November for the going price but Minstergate in York said they would honour the deal,

Just trying to gauge, if you’re still awaiting delivery of your Orange Trophy, could you please reply with your order date and expected delivery date, and any other info you may have?

Many thanks!

I ordered my Orange Trophy back in Sept 2022, and a red as a standby colour. I ended up with a red one, delivered in October. I have seen orange MG4’s on the road since and now pleased I got the gorgeous red, as I don’t like the orange in real life. Looks great online and in the magazine, but very different in real life. I guess colours are an individual choice.

Attachments

• BBF1A905-BE82-49DD-98FA-6F3DD269787D.jpeg
    BBF1A905-BE82-49DD-98FA-6F3DD269787D.jpeg
    786.8 KB · Views: 84
MG are not shipping enough orange shades. I had a orange on order since last August. I was offered grey on a couple of occasions which I declined. I was informed by the dealer that there is no update on orange shades.
Speculation on my part, I think a car might be allocated to you only when it lands on UK soil as opposed to being built to order in the factory in China( which is how Tesla ordering works I suspect).
I wish they had called me. I order a Camden grey on 29th Nov. Delivery was advised mid March. I am now told early April.

Many thanks!

Not sure re the Orange Trophy, but we ordered a Red Trophy on Jan 3rd abd it arrived at the dealership yesterday...
Hope you have news soon..

Ordered my orange trophy 20 October last year, dealer still saying delivery is TBA. I was told it would be about 8 weeks lol! I now found out that other bigger dealers had them in stock only two weeks ago and the way it apparently works is that a batch is made for the UK, stuck on a boat and then allocated to dealers on a priority basis, i.e. the more they ordered they get first pickings and the smaller the dealer gets the scraps, and they then match them to customer orders. There is NO build to order as mentioned on this forum! I have now ordered another one from a one of the biggest dealers and whichever gets one first is the winner, the other one can stick it wherever the sun doesn't shine as long as they give me my £500 deposit back, if they don't then by the time I finish on social media they will wish they had.
It is a shame this has saga has dulled my enthusiasm for the car.

It's not the dealers fault you've placed multiple orders hoping to get the car of your choice sooner and then to have a go at them on social media if they don't give you your deposit back without checking first if it was a returnable deposit. That seems a little unfair as allocations are beyond their controll.

I got an update on Friday 17th.
My Trophy order was placed on Tuesday 29th November 2022 with an mid-Marchdelivery. Only yesterday I was notified it had been released from the manufacturer and given a late April delivery lead time.

When did you place your order?

Order was placed 9th Dec I think it was. At the time, the estimate was late March, but it soon changed to late April. It’s encouraging that your order has finally got an update though. There’s a chance that mine might end up on the same boat as yours! Hopefully yours is at the start of a large orange production.

Order was placed 9th Dec I think it was. At the time, the estimate was late March, but it soon changed to late April. It’s encouraging that your order has finally got an update though. There’s a chance that mine might end up on the same boat as yours! Hopefully yours is at the start of a large orange production.
Amen to that. It would make sense as Hempstead is not that far from Sevenoaks and the order timeline is not that great.

I got an update on Friday 17th.
My Trophy order was placed on Tuesday 29th November 2022 with an mid-Marchdelivery. Only yesterday I was notified it had been released from the manufacturer and given a late April delivery lead time.

When did you place your order?
False hope; i thought you’d been talking about an Orange Trophy but I think yours is grey!

Anyone got any news on their Orange??

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel