Any Orange Trophy orders still outstanding?

I ordered an Orange Trophy back in October and I’m still waiting for it. I’ve been told by my dealer it has been built but as to its exact whereabouts MG’s systems won’t say.
My dealer said to me the delay with the Orange coloured cars is that MG had problems with either the orange paint itself or with the supply of it. I assume as my Orange one is on its way, these problems have now been rectified.

I ordered an Orange Trophy back in October and I’m still waiting for it. I’ve been told by my dealer it has been built but as to its exact whereabouts MG’s systems won’t say.
My dealer said to me the delay with the Orange coloured cars is that MG had problems with either the orange paint itself or with the supply of it. I assume as my Orange one is on its way, these problems have now been rectified.

The thing that I find annoying is when I went to order my Trophy, about 5 weeks ago, I was told the expected wait was around 14-16 weeks for orange and 12-14 weeks for blue. There was no mention by the dealer that some people had been waiting since October and earlier.

Luckily I couldn't hold my nerve and opted for the Camden Grey that was sat in the dealership as an unregistered cancellation, I'm pleased I did as I do love the grey..

..but do still have a bit of smurf-envy and orange-envy every time I see one 🔥

The thing that I find annoying is when I went to order my Trophy, about 5 weeks ago, I was told the expected wait was around 14-16 weeks for orange and 12-14 weeks for blue. There was no mention by the dealer that some people had been waiting since October and earlier.

Luckily I couldn't hold my nerve and opted for the Camden Grey that was sat in the dealership as an unregistered cancellation, I'm pleased I did as I do love the grey..

..but do still have a bit of smurf-envy and orange-envy every time I see one 🔥
I had gone to the dealer to see if maybe there was a red Trophy in stock that I could my hands on earlier. I was pleased he have an explanation for the delay (hope it was true) but decided to wait for the Orange to come. The dealer did think that having the Orange would be worth financially more in the long run due to it being rarer!

I had gone to the dealer to see if maybe there was a red Trophy in stock that I could my hands on earlier. I was pleased he have an explanation for the delay (hope it was true) but decided to wait for the Orange to come. The dealer did think that having the Orange would be worth financially more in the long run due to it being rarer!

That makes sense, I don't know how rare it's going to be if it's that popular though, unless people have avoided ordering it due to all the delays.

There is going to be a lot of 4s on the roads this time next year I reckon. That's not a bad thing.

I have a non trophy orange MG4 on preorder (in France, we can get any trim in orange).
I place my order in october. I rang my dealer this week and he told me it may arrive in july.

We've had our Orange Luxury (Trophy) on order for 6 months now and still no nearer to actually getting it, our dealer says he knows nothing and cannot see any order status in his IT system, and MG (España) do not answer any of my emails.

So today visited a new MG dealer near Valencia and he said the same that he and none of the dealers can look up the order status. Yet he has more than 20 MG4's for sale, not one has been ordered so they can produce the cars for sale but cannot be bothered to produce the cars that have been ordered and paid for.

But this dealer says he can guarantee, any order today, he will have in 2 months whatever colour or spec. Hmmmmmmm!

Must be honest I am now starting to to relook at other cars and when i find one, will be cancelling our order and advising all to avoid MG in spain at all costs, especially as they do not reply to my emails meaning if you have a after sale problem they are going to ignore you🤬

Last edited:
Mine didn't make it from the docks to the dealer for the 22nd and the system was updated to the 29th. I phoned the dealer yesterday who phoned MG UK and they said they couldn't confirm it will be delivered this coming week either. Seems like they have a bit of an issue with their logistics across the board.

At last, picked my 2023 Orange LR trophy today, yippee! Together with it's orange roof and silly 6" rear wiper blade and centre rear headrest.
Mine has been on order since Sept 22, we have had the Reg Number for a Month but no car yet and they say it will be mid July before I get it due to PID delays.

When did you order your Orange Trophy?

When I was looking about 2 months ago, I could have had an Orange Trophy no issue, lots in stock in the midlands. I wanted Grey, so ended up getting it from nr Crewe - they also said they had a few Orange available, and were seeing demand drop off for orange

Mine has been on order since Sept 22, we have had the Reg Number for a Month but no car yet and they say it will be mid July before I get it due to PID delays.

When did you order your Orange Trophy?
Originally October 20th but changed dealers as this one said he could get one by end of April lol! This one ordered December.

I’m due to collect mine tomorrow. Now I’m very intrigued to find out what colour the roof will be!!!

I'd love to know if there's any sign of the one-pedal driving mode mentioned in some of the European publicity materials.

Last edited:
I’m due to collect mine tomorrow. Now I’m very intrigued to find out what colour the roof will be!!!
Well, at long last (8mths) our dealer whatsapp messaged my wife this morning saying our orange luxury (trophy) has arrived in the country (Spain). he says depending on if its transported to him in the first or second wave it will be another 3 or 4 weeks until he gets it then a week or so to do all the paperwork and PDI.

As we are in Istambul at the START of our holiday and wont be back for another 3 or 4 weeks so we said perfect take your time, 🤣

He says that this batch has the black roof and no back head rest or wiper.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back