Any Orange Trophy orders still outstanding?

At last, picked my 2023 Orange LR trophy today, yippee! Together with it's orange roof and silly 6" rear wiper blade and centre rear headrest.
Thanks for confirming this- mine is gonna be in in two weeks or so and the dealer was surprised by the single tone roof- he didn’t mention the wiper or the headrest but is there something different with the wheels as well?

Thanks for confirming this- mine is gonna be in in two weeks or so and the dealer was surprised by the single tone roof- he didn’t mention the wiper or the headrest but is there something different with the wheels as well?
I believe they will be 18 inch.

Same problem in France, dealer has not got any info, MG europe will not answer a simple email request. I cannot understand that with modern computerised ordering systems and a three to four week ship journey that MG France/UK / Europe do not know where their cars are. Or is it a secret?

Has anyone got a photo of the new 18" wheels, are they just bigger versions of the old ones underneath the aero covers or a whole new design

Same problem in France, dealer has not got any info, MG europe will not answer a simple email request. I cannot understand that with modern computerised ordering systems and a three to four week ship journey that MG France/UK / Europe do not know where their cars are. Or is it a secret?
Yep same in Spain. The dealer says they do not have here any computer system to tell them. He says nor do the head office here.

I also wrote, I think 5 emails to their email address and no reply just ignored.

But just over 2 weeks ago I noticed MG's Spanish webpage has a WhatsApp contact so tried that. Amazing got a reply asking for my order, so sent copy of order but wanted my email as well. Next day his boss told him my email address isn't in their CRM. So they DO have the computer system to look up the order.

As I said you need to look up the email on the order not mine. Guess what didn't get a reply to the status of the order.

This lack of communication is one of the major bugbears of buying MG, I cannot say if this is an industry standard within the car selling fraternity or humanity is just generally getting worse in its politeness and customer service . ( do you want fries with that ?).

Ordered Orange Trophy on 24 May, due for delivery end of July. Have been told it will come with body-coloured roof, 18" wheels, rear wiper, three headrests in rear, new climate screen layout and one-pedal driving mode.

Easee One wall charger installed today - all I need now is a car to plug in!

Can't wait :)

Ordered early November expected end of April
I am now pleased to announce the arrival of my 2022 volcanic orange trophy on the 17th July, seemingly it was licensed plate registered two months ago and delayed for PID checks.
It was still programmed ‘pp’ for transport (head unit not active) and a quick search revealed how to activate customer mode ‘p’ to get QR code to pop up to allow binding. So goodness knows what they were doing in those two months if that wasn’t set correctly at PID.

Ps loving it, it’s a great drive.
Pod Point Solo installed in two weeks and already registered for EDF 8p/ KWh EV tarrif (just don’t use anything Electric day or evening because that peak Tariff is expensive!!!! )

Last edited:
I am now pleased to announce the arrival of my 2022 volcanic orange trophy on the 17th July, seemingly it was licensed plate registered two months ago and delayed for PID checks.
It was still programmed ‘pp’ for transport (head unit not active) and a quick search revealed how to activate customer mode ‘p’ to get QR code to pop up to allow binding. So goodness knows what they were doing in those two months if that wasn’t set correctly at PID.

Ps loving it, it’s a great drive.
Pod Point Solo installed in two weeks and already registered for EDF 8p/ KWh EV tarrif (just don’t use anything Electric day or evening because that peak Tariff is expensive!!!! )
Congrats on the new car, I don't understand these energy companies like EDF still charging over the odds for the non EV times electric.

I am with octopus and I get 6 hrs at 7.5p and the rest is just at the variable rate, I think it's 29.8p.

Has anyone got a photo of the new 18" wheels, are they just bigger versions of the old ones underneath the aero covers or a whole new design

I’ve seen a photo of the 18 inch wheels without the covers, and they seemed to be an improvement over the 17 inchers.
With the covers, dunno

Finally collected my orange MG4.
9 months after ordering it.
Came as a MY23.
That orange is really an head turner.
Mmm…. Sounds like someone didn’t actually place your order till much later (2023) because you should have got a MY2022 if it was ordered in September/November.

Mmm…. Sounds like someone didn’t actually place your order till much later (2023) because you should have got a MY2022 if it was ordered in September/November.
Orange seems to be a complicated color to get in Europe.

Had a second call from my new dealer yesterday updating me that a my July 13th (reorder) for an Orange Trophy is still on track for delivery into the dealership late August for an early September registration and handover.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back