Are you happy with your MG4?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Total voters
Hi Alan,

Could be so great and share the hardware you used to upgrade the sound system? I'm gonna have a new SE, but audio is really important to me. Even the Luxury had terrible speakers.
Here’s a link to my YouTube install video there are details in the description, I have posted on here but this is probably quicker.
Speakers
Vibe Slick6-V7 6.5 component fronts and coaxial rears.

I got my speakers from a Vibe eBay shop that were new unused without original packaging so were less than half retail price.

Did you do it yourself or did you have a workshop do it for you?
Did it myself

I enjoy our MG4...but...

I have accepted it was a reasonable price and for that it's our run around, its a good car around country lanes and it flies.

Would I buy an MG again? If it wasn't for the niggles with the gear selection, infotainment and app, probably. But, I would be looking elsewhere next time because of these problems.

Our Skoda Enyaq is perfect in every way, although some people do also complain about things with them, but for me having the enyaq after the mg4 and now owning both I can see where MG have saved on price.

And how do you know that? Going through their posts I cannot see where they have ever owned a MG4.
I agree. Just looked at the first four. One has an MG5, one has an MG ZS and another cancelled before delivery due to problems with the dealer so has never owned one.
I'd haven't done the rest but it doesn't look good.

Considering I didn’t intend to jump into a full EV at this time ( was looking at a Ford Hybrid ) I’m really happy with my MG4

Sure being this is my first EV there’s things I’m still getting use to but sometimes especially for me you make things more complicated than they need to be but I’m getting there 😁

The car drives superbly, seats are very comfortable I find, it’s extremely quiet, no rattles, everything seems to have been put together nicely

One gripe like I’ve seen others talk about is the Lane Keep Assist, I wish it could be turned off permanently.

Only other niggle but it’s more of a me problem is the rotary gear select. On my last car ( Ford Focus ) “Park” is when “Reverse” is on the MG, a few times I forgot to press the button when stationary & put the car in reverse but I’ll get used to it 😂

I wasn't intending to imply anything. I'll take your word for it that they have never owned an MG4. I see we had another new member joined tonight to resurrect a very old thread about a lemon car to tell us how happy he is to have got rid of his Kia eNiro and gone back to petrol.

The EV-haters seem to be getting quite desperate.

I wasn't intending to imply anything. I'll take your word for it that they have never owned an MG4. I see we had another new member joined tonight to resurrect a very old thread about a lemon car to tell us how happy he is to have got rid of his Kia eNiro and gone back to petrol.

The EV-haters seem to be getting quite desperate.
Trouble is it is implied. And then you distract with something unrelated.

I've had my Trophy since March 23 and have done just over 10.5k miles. I've had the emergency braking a couple of times both when turning right across traffic but not at any speed. I have my greeting message set to "turn off lane keep assist" I just have to wait for Android Auto to kick in and then I manually set LKA to warning only. I'm on version 33 of the software.

The car is going for it's first service on Tuesday so let's see what it's like when it comes back!

My first experience of an EV and I certainly wouldn't change it.

Almost everyone I talk to with a new vehicle of any brand whinges about Lane Keep Assist. Yes it has to be there and on by default to retain the 5 star NCAP. Since I got the car in mid September I have had various settings for different periods of time & now just leave the drive mode in normal and turn LKA off. It only takes a few seconds. I don't bother if it is just driving in an urban environment & that is where OPD is useful.

I have also found that setting all the ECO settings on doesn't make driving more economical at all, it just seems to change throttle response for lead foots.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back