Battery soh

Can anybody recommend ( link ) a know working / comparable device please ?.
Oh …. And which App is the most stable and reliable to use.
The one I showed works with the ZS EV app in @Gomev's link above.
Edit: Sorry, googled it to try and find a link and it seems to be unavailable at the moment. 🙁

I purchased this last year (for some reason the Amazon link doesn't work) so search this or just OBD2 in general.

Vgate Bianco-verde Bluetooth3.0 OBD2 Code Reader​

and use the app 'Car Scanner ELM OBD2' this is free but after a number of uses asks you to watch a advert to get more free uses. I purchased it (at £2.99 I think) and created my own dashboard. Very stable and always connects first time.
I found the other recommended one (link below) to be unstable with this OBD dongle.

Working mobile phone app (Android only)
👇DOWNLOAD👇

v1.2.1 out 02.03.21

👆DOWNLOAD👆
Thank you 🙏!.

SOH update today, 97.27%. Done 10.5k miles, 8 months old.
Only rapid charged about 6 times.
Charge to 100% 3-4 times a week.

There’s some quite different SOH I’m now seeing folk reporting, no idea why.
I think we need to capture some data, I’ll start a new thread....

Last edited:
My SoH is still 100% after 18 months.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-201424.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-201424.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 286
What app is that? Mine is different. I wonder if it only reports full percentages, so you're really 99. something. It's pretty hard to believe you'd still be at exactly 100% after a year and a half.
It's Torque Pro and I'll check re the decimal Place.

Can I ask, what OBD is a commonly used for the ZS EV ( link please ) and is it hard to get up and running ?.
What do you need to do regarding the Samsung tablet please ????.
If it is fairly simple, I may just invest in one to satisfy my curiosity / OCD problem 🤣.
I can run the thai android app on a recent cheap £30 amazon fire tablet (it wouldn't run on my previous fire 7 from 2020 - too older version of android OS)

I can run the thai android app on a recent cheap £30 amazon fire tablet (it wouldn't run on my previous fire 7 from 2020 - too older version of android OS)
Thanks for that info.
We are running on IOS devices, but my wife has a Samsung tablet.
It is about 3 - 4 years old, so it maybe to old to run the software ??.

Thanks for that info.
We are running on IOS devices, but my wife has a Samsung tablet.
It is about 3 - 4 years old, so it maybe to old to run the software ??.
Well....
my old amazon fire 7 tablet was running, FIRE OS 6.5.3.4
Fire OS 6 – is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat
= SO It will not work on Android 7.1.2 Nougat I would say.

My new amazon fire 7 table that it works on is running, Fire OS 7 – based on Android 9.0
Pie

I would guess that it maybe works on Android 8 (Oreo) (released on December 5, 2017)
Android 9 was released on August 6, 2018.

Have a look what version of Android your Samsung tablet is running (you maybe able to update it).

There’s some quite different SOH I’m now seeing folk reporting, no idea why.
I think we need to capture some data, I’ll start a new thread....
Great idea, I'll keep a lookout.
In addition to 15857km (9853ml) indicated today a 99.19 SoH
Rapid charged about 10 times.
Charge to 100% 5-6 times a week. (Overnight)

Well....
my old amazon fire 7 tablet was running, FIRE OS 6.5.3.4
Fire OS 6 – is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat
= SO It will not work on Android 7.1.2 Nougat I would say.

My new amazon fire 7 table that it works on is running, Fire OS 7 – based on Android 9.0
Pie

I would guess that it maybe works on Android 8 (Oreo) (released on December 5, 2017)
Android 9 was released on August 6, 2018.

Have a look what version of Android your Samsung tablet is running (you maybe able to update it).
Thank you for supplying this very useful info @JodyS21 .
I will try and grab her tablet and check the software version.
She has a big collection of books stored on her device and does a lot of reading.
All of my family is running on IOS devices as well, so no chance of anybody having a spare Android unit hanging around.
I could always source a second hand Android phone or even invest in a fire tablet I guess ?.
Thanks once again for your help 👍.

I purchased the Vgate Bianco-verde Bluetooth3.0 OBD2 Code Reader, but cannot get it to connect to the Thai app on either my Huawei phone P30 lite, or Huawei tablet. Perhaps I'll dig out an old Samsung phone, unless there's a trick I'm missing?

I purchased the Vgate Bianco-verde Bluetooth3.0 OBD2 Code Reader, but cannot get it to connect to the Thai app on either my Huawei phone P30 lite, or Huawei tablet. Perhaps I'll dig out an old Samsung phone, unless there's a trick I'm missing?
I did post earlier in this thread that I found that app to be unreliable with that OBD reader. Try Car Scanner app instead - see below to save you reading further up.

I purchased this last year (for some reason the Amazon link doesn't work) so search this or just OBD2 in general.

Vgate Bianco-verde Bluetooth3.0 OBD2 Code Reader​

and use the app 'Car Scanner ELM OBD2' this is free but after a number of uses asks you to watch a advert to get more free uses. I purchased it (at £2.99 I think) and created my own dashboard. Very stable and always connects first time.
I found the other recommended one (link below) to be unstable with this OBD dongle.

Working mobile phone app (Android only)
👇DOWNLOAD👇

v1.2.1 out 02.03.21

👆DOWNLOAD👆

I did post earlier in this thread that I found that app to be unreliable with that OBD reader. Try Car Scanner app instead - see below to save you reading further up.
Thank you. I can connect to Car Scanner, but would like to use the Thai app so I can easily compare with all the postings others have made. I specifically purchased this OBD reader on recommendation from this thread, as the previous one I purchased was incompatible, so had high hopes it would work...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you. I can connect to Car Scanner, but would like to use the Thai app so I can easily compare with all the postings others have made. I specifically purchased this OBD reader on recommendation from this thread, as the previous one I purchased was incompatible, so had high hopes it would work...
You can still compare, the information the apps return is the same, just in a different layout.

I use a Pan Long OBDII Mini scanner I bought quite a while ago when I was looking to buy a Gen I Nissan Leaf but it never came about, Connects up first time to the MG ZS ev using my Motorola Moto G8 Power Lite Android phone.
I think it was around £8.

abXblpUl.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom