BP pulse……

Look for Tesla superchargers. They are opening them to non tesla cars. Easy to use via the Tesla app and you can locate them this way too. And the bonus is they are cheaper than the others. 53p / 58p compared to 73p/79p with the others.

I have only done 2 public charging sessions so far, both at Tesla Banbury and on the first one as a test from 70% to 90%, I got 50Kw speed and the second from 30% to 60% I got 138Kw speed. It charged faster than I could stretch my legs! lol

Look for Tesla superchargers. They are opening them to non tesla cars. Easy to use via the Tesla app and you can locate them this way too. And the bonus is they are cheaper than the others. 53p / 58p compared to 73p/79p with the others.

I have only done 2 public charging sessions so far, both at Tesla Banbury and on the first one as a test from 70% to 90%, I got 50Kw speed and the second from 30% to 60% I got 138Kw speed. It charged faster than I could stretch my legs! lol
The nearest non Tesla charger from Cornwall was Swansea and Banbury 😬

Are there any Tesla charges west of Bristol ?
Several and more in the pipeline:
IMG_9005.jpeg

This may not be 100% relevant but as I only use public charging I’ve started to learn the tricks.
I have found that BP chargers can not be rushed! If you make sure your car is powered down before starting, this tends to cut down the error messages and having to start again.

May not be the answer but found it helps at the BP one is use regularly

This may not be 100% relevant but as I only use public charging I’ve started to learn the tricks.
I have found that BP chargers can not be rushed! If you make sure your car is powered down before starting, this tends to cut down the error messages and having to start again.

May not be the answer but found it helps at the BP one is use regularly
I'll test that at a non critical stop next time 🤔

I've found Instavolt work well, and can be found at quite a few Costa coffee shops. There is one close to where I live, and another close to my parents house (ideal for visits) Use Osprey for first time while on holiday in Devon, and the "Salmon's leap" hub they have built in Buckfastleigh is superb (see my post in general chat about it). The cafe on site run by a local farm shop is also excellent.

I've also have had a poor experience from BP pulse, but it appears my best public charging experiences have come from non-oil company retailers that see the value of drawing in EV owners to their outlets with the offer of rapid charging, and why not have one of our coffees while you wait.

The best thing is the first 15 mins free.

If you have the time and the patience you can stop it, unplug then plug back in every 15mins. You can charge for free.

It would take a few hours from 0-100% having an alarm on your phone every 15 mins.

The best thing is the first 15 mins free.

If you have the time and the patience you can stop it, unplug then plug back in every 15mins. You can charge for free.

It would take a few hours from 0-100% having an alarm on your phone every 15 mins.
Which ones give you the 15 mins free charge?

I’ve only ever known podpoint to do this but personally always found them so slow. You’d generate more electricity from friction of walking to and from charger every 15 mins to unplug
Probably why they give you the first 15 mins free as you are not getting anything in your battery in that time as they are so slow 😅

I don’t think they are open to non-Tesla cars right now.
I think this is a great move from Tesla. It's going to make people feel more comfortable about charging on the road but the main thing is it's brilliant marketing. I keep thinking that I want a Tesla now just because of the infrastructure in place. It's just that their price is still out of reach for now for me. Would have been almost double each month on the salary sacrifice scheme I'm on for the MG4.

I’ve only ever known podpoint to do this but personally always found them so slow. You’d generate more electricity from friction of walking to and from charger every 15 mins to unplug
They've changed it now, you get 5 minutes free then it pauses the charge for another 10 minutes to allow you to confirm the charge. So connecting for 15 minutes only gets you 5 minutes now.
You can't unplug after 5 minutes and reconnect as it locks the plug in until the 15 minutes is up.
haha.jpg

I think this is a great move from Tesla. It's going to make people feel more comfortable about charging on the road but the main thing is it's brilliant marketing. I keep thinking that I want a Tesla now just because of the infrastructure in place. It's just that their price is still out of reach for now for me. Would have been almost double each month on the salary sacrifice scheme I'm on for the MG4.
The fact is, the oil companies have no interest in actually making the whole EV experience easy and reliable in a reasonable timeframe...The more problems we find then the negative comments spread much more quickly than the positive ones...
I'm going to drive my car back to Italy only using Tesla chargers and will compare it to the experience driving up using all types...Some of the French oil companies are actually showing just how good they can be but the UK is so far behind I feel there must be a lack of intent coming from above ie government and they are definitely showing their real intent....!

I'm trying not to get dragged into the eco warrior camp but it's not easy 😇

Will be making a few videos sharing my experiences soon...

We are planning to be a 2 EV household soon and the thought of the safteynet of the Tesla network is appealing ☺️ (I have my Cybertruck on order but that's another matter 😎 ) but I'm hoping to get a new car from a brand new manufacturer (Chinese) launching soon in Europe 🧐

The fact is, the oil companies have no interest in actually making the whole EV experience easy and reliable in a reasonable timeframe...The more problems we find then the negative comments spread much more quickly than the positive ones...
I'm going to drive my car back to Italy only using Tesla chargers and will compare it to the experience driving up using all types...Some of the French oil companies are actually showing just how good they can be but the UK is so far behind I feel there must be a lack of intent coming from above ie government and they are definitely showing their real intent....!

I'm trying not to get dragged into the eco warrior camp but it's not easy 😇

Will be making a few videos sharing my experiences soon...

We are planning to be a 2 EV household soon and the thought of the safteynet of the Tesla network is appealing ☺️ (I have my Cybertruck on order but that's another matter 😎 ) but I'm hoping to get a new car from a brand new manufacturer (Chinese) launching soon in Europe 🧐
That's very true. The oil companies haven't got the best interest of EVs at their core for sure.

As for eco warrior - the moment you are seen with an electric car, the label gets stuck anyway. I'm pretty sure to some petrolheads, when they see an electric car in front of them, their dumb mode is activated. I do enjoy it sometimes when they are revving at the traffic lights next to me and I just floor it and can't even see them in the rear view mirror whilst they are still trying to change gears to get going :LOL:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back