BP pulse……

Nearly all BP chargers in the city centre now either don’t work or are coned off. Conveniently the ones that are coned off are the ones that their app says are working, and the ones that you can park at aren’t working.

I’ve given up with reporting them on ZapMap given that they just blame the user (their chargers double reading an RFID card so it immediately starts a charge and then stops is the users fault, apparently) and because almost every time I get the same weirdo challenging me on it.

So I think we're all missing the important question here: Did you visit The Tunnel while you were in Bude?

Given the new legislation, they're going to have to open them up eventually.

Oddly enough. not really. All of the public charger regulations (both current and the draft future ones) include a specific exemption for "a charge point restricted for the exclusive use by...a vehicle produced by a specific manufacturer" so if anything the new legislation gives them an incentive not to open up chargers as they would then have to follow more regulations.

Although tbh the per-charger regs are fairly tame and shouldn't be anything Tesla would have a problem with and unless they turn around and re-close down all their existing non-Tesla available chargers before the legislation passes they're going to have to follow the network level regs in some form regardless so it probably doesn't make much of a difference to them in reality.

I recently drove from Hampshire to South Shields. The only chargers that didn't work were the BP pulse. It was in Milton Keynes and there were about 10 of them, I gave up after trying 3. Osprey, MFG and Gridserve all worked fine.

Oddly enough. not really. All of the public charger regulations (both current and the draft future ones) include a specific exemption for "a charge point restricted for the exclusive use by...a vehicle produced by a specific manufacturer" so if anything the new legislation gives them an incentive not to open up chargers as they would then have to follow more regulations.

Although tbh the per-charger regs are fairly tame and shouldn't be anything Tesla would have a problem with and unless they turn around and re-close down all their existing non-Tesla available chargers before the legislation passes they're going to have to follow the network level regs in some form regardless so it probably doesn't make much of a difference to them in reality.

I didn't know that. But I heard they were gearing up to open them anyway.

My MG4 was serviced last month and according to the dealership there was no update available so I still don't think the BP Pulse chargers will work. What's odd is the very first time I tried to use one, it worked!! Since then it never has.

I was'nt expecting the one I used to work either after reading this post but because BP Pulse was the only charger near my daughter's house (some 244 miles away from our house) I had to give it a go.

I downloaded the BP Pulse app, registered and added £5 credit (as requested)

Finally managed to get it to charge on the 2nd attempt using the app and it pulled about 47kw (50kw rated) :-

Maybe it was a really old one as it said Chargemaster on it ??

But if anyone is around Maidenbower the Frogholes Farm Pub Charger may work for you too 👍

It did'nt even charge me !! just turned my £5 credit on the app to around £27 debit 😁so I topped it up again just in case they charged interest.

Attachments

• IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    657.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3145.JPG
    IMG_3145.JPG
    480.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3141.JPG
    IMG_3141.JPG
    416.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Until about three weeks ago, we had one of those older units in a hotel car park pretty close to our home address.
Used it once to charge or previous ZS EV in a hurry for an unexpected trip.
At the time I had the subscription, until it became to expense and then I dropped it.
Work is still in progress at the hotel, they have ripped out the one single unit and they have replaced it with two of the new style BP Pulse units and a huge transformer cabinet.
The area still has a plastic fence around it, so I think they are waiting to get the transformer connected maybe ??.

I was'nt expecting the one I used to work either after reading this post but because BP Pulse was the only charger near my daughter's house (some 244 miles away from our house) I had to give it a go.

I downloaded the BP Pulse app, registered and added £5 credit (as requested)

Finally managed to get it to charge on the 2nd attempt using the app and it pulled about 47kw (50kw rated) :-

But if anyone is around Maidenbower the Frogholes Farm Pub Charger may work for you too 👍

It did'nt even charge me !! just turned my £5 credit on the app to around £27 debit 😁so I topped it up again just in case they charged interest.
I did find that they worked on our MG4, albeit slow, but as this was the middle of nowhere (some hotel in the lakes), more than happy - I had a Octopus universe satnav issue which sent me 40 miles in the wrong direction.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back