Can't order the Exclusive but Facelift incoming

I'll let you know my thoughts after tomorrow. We did have a (new) Kia Sportage for 6 years....its a bit bigger than we needed and of course it was a ICE Diesel, which is just not acceptable to us nowadays.
I wouldn't be interested in a Tesler, I prefer the ride height of a small SUV. Jolly exciting times...:)
A Tesla model “Y” would be ideal for you then, it’s a model 3 pumped up into a SUV.
Loads of range, 1st class charging infrastructure and class leading tech.
A bit more expensive of course !.

I'll let you know my thoughts after tomorrow. We did have a (new) Kia Sportage for 6 years....its a bit bigger than we needed and of course it was a ICE Diesel, which is just not acceptable to us nowadays.
I wouldn't be interested in a Tesler, I prefer the ride height of a small SUV. Jolly exciting times...:)
I had a Kona for a weekend and in all honesty would have gone for that but was a bit cost prohibitive for the highest spec. Was a lovely experience however and have read nothing but good things (except the battery fires 🔥)Might be worth a test drive also

I understand that MG will be issuing a press release about the updated ZS EV on the 8th or the 9th of this month.

Up until then, the dealers are as much in th dark as the rest of us.

I am off for a test drive in a Kia E- Nero 4+ tomorrow.;) They still get a very good write up, with 280 range and the slightly 'old school' interior / switches etc, appeals to me and my wife. They are not cheap though, £35-39 for new, a little bit less for s/hand
my father has a e-Niro 2019, I had a Drive of it for the first time a couple of months ago for a 130mile round trip to take him hospital for an appointment, so had lots of different roads to try everything on, it’s a very nice car, but over 30 mph there is a hell of alot of road noise! tbh i was very disappointed with it, then really noticed it after getting back into my MG5.
but the one thing that really shines with Kia, is the fact that you can really coast with it, to the point it felt like I never touched the throttle, when I first experienced it, it feels like the car is being towed! No wonder my Dad regularly see 5.5 mpkw on the Niro Gom.
yes it has a lot of tech but I’m glad I chose my 5 and the Mrs chose her ZS.
hope you enjoy the test drive 🚗

Latest news......Sorry chaps....... I have just bought a nice red Kia E-Niro 4+ ...had to go to Scotland to find one in stock.:D Delivery next week. If anyone is looking for a good Red ZS EV ..fully waxoyled 12k miles...£20 k to a member......We Buy any car have offered 20.8..but I dont like them.

Latest news......Sorry chaps....... I have just bought a nice red Kia E-Niro 4+ ...had to go to Scotland to find one in stock.:D Delivery next week. If anyone is looking for a good Red ZS EV ..fully waxoyled 12k miles...£20 k to a member......We Buy any car have offered 20.8..but I dont like them.
We will miss your valued comments. The E Niro was on my initial list but decided to dip toes in EV with my ZS EV. YT Mr EV did some good E Niro videos and did an Italian trip. His wife is Italian and has a very good attitude to EVs. ‘Ionic 5 - no rear screen wiper - stupid!’

Hi Chris - I heard the back end of a radio add today, saying that the Kia e.Nero 4+ was being offered with a £2,000 contribution on a PCP deal ??.
Are you aware of this offer ???.

I don't do PCP, I always buy my cars out-right.

Incidentally My 2015 Mitubisi PHEV, that I bought 4 years ago for 12k, is now still worth nearly 11k.....pretty impressive.

I don't do PCP, I always buy my cars out-right.

Incidentally My 2015 Mitubisi PHEV, that I bought 4 years ago for 12k, is now still worth nearly 11k.....pretty impressive.
I am the same, however if you take out the PCP and receive the £2,000 contribution, after 14 days you can ask for settle figure and pay off the balance in full.
You have saved yourself another £2,000 ?.

Nice car enjoy, unfortunately out of range of what I want to spend.. 😔

Just watched the European presentation. The new ZS available in Europe have 2 battery choices - 50 and 70kwh. With 320km (198 miles) and 440km (273 miles) ranges....and MG UK have just announced it too:

Did I hear correctly, the 2 trim levels equate to the different ranges. So you can get the luxury with the extended range, but you can't get luxury with standard range?

I'm assuming luxury will be equivalent to the current exclusive spec which may mean the panoramic roof is only available on the long range?

Did I hear correctly, the 2 trim levels equate to the different ranges. So you can get the luxury with the extended range, but you can't get luxury with standard range?

I'm assuming luxury will be equivalent to the current exclusive spec which may mean the panoramic roof is only available on the long range?
the UK website only shows the longer range model...which is personally what i'd prefer

Went for another test drive of the ZS. Second drive was a much better experience (Excite rather than the Exclusive)... Not sure if that would have made that much difference or if I just didn't adjust seating position correctly in the Exclusive.

Decided to proceed with an order but after trying for a while, the sales guy informed me the car was no longer on the system. He has been telling me how the Facelift version is due shortly and that getting stock of the current model is difficult so he assumed they've removed the Exclusive to avoid additional orders.

He mentioned that the Facelift will have a longer range but didn't know figures. He said he had been told there would be a substantial hike in the price but hasn't been told what the amount would be.

He told me he had been to an MG conference where they had been given the opportunity to see the new version which he described as identical to the ICE Facelift.

He said he had been told that there were 180 in the country (for dealers) and that he expected to have a demo available on the next month with sales to proceed in January.

The dealer has just rung me to tell me that a sale has fallen through on an exclusive if I'm interested (they were talking about this being the last one they had even before I visited as I mentioned wanting to sit in the exclusive but the last one they had was already potentially sold).

Now. Do I go for the exclusive or do I wait for the Facelift with the potential of it being at a much higher price.

Opinions?

Regards,

Wayne
So do you think you'll wait for new version. or try to grab an exclusive from somewhere? Sounds like it might be worth waiting considering lead ins/if they're actually making more exclusive anyway.

100% going for the new version. Annoyingly though, I don't really need the long range. The existing 164 miles was only just too little. I'd be happy for the 199 version but not sure how long I can wait.

Pricing will be key so will see what they announce.

100% going for the new version. Annoyingly though, I don't really need the long range. The existing 164 miles was only just too little. I'd be happy for the 199 version but not sure how long I can wait.

Pricing will be key so will see what they announce.
I too would be perfectly happy with the 199 range version and save a few grand probably, but also not sure how long I can wait potentially.

I think the 3 trim in UK thing maybe a mistake. Unless one of the trims will be the old model whilst they get rid of stock.

A Tesla model “Y” would be ideal for you then, it’s a model 3 pumped up into a SUV.
Loads of range, 1st class charging infrastructure and class leading tech.
A bit more expensive of course !.
And not available to order in the UK as yet …..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom