Charging speed

That's great performance. Worth staying to 85%, which is more than enough to be on your way.
Yes, it was good. I think having the battery warm is necessary to get such good figures.

When I charged again this morning at the same charger without the long drive beforehand, the speeds were significantly lower (I didn't capture them) - the charging site was less busy than yesterday, so I don't think this was due it to being split amongst different users and there was nobody next to my car (on the adjacent charger) both days.

There are a lot of hills on the route but 3.7m/kWh is good given the terrain.
EVs seem to like hills. The best mileage I ever got was in South Tyrol (well, they have a speed limit there, too).

I'm at 16,8 kWh/100km now which is almost exactly the same as your figure.

This was my second charge of the day on my way to aviemore from the North West. Peaked at 140kw. Love the high speed charging, makes charging up so quick and straightforward. Glad i never got the leaf plus when chademo.
love this car.

Screenshot_20230429_124157_MG iSMART.jpg

This was my second charge of the day on my way to aviemore from the North West. Peaked at 140kw. Love the high speed charging, makes charging up so quick and straightforward. Glad i never got the leaf plus when chademo.
love this car.

View attachment 17191
140kw is awesome. The most I've got is around 90kw (which I was very happy with).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back