• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Comfort Pack 2 Update MG ZS EV

Hyundai and Kia also have the most efficient motors outside of Tesla, so they can eek more range from a battery than others can, irrespective of things like drag coefficent (just look at the range of the new e-Soul v Leaf e+ which should be a more aero car). Kia/Hyundai also quote usable pack size with their battery sizes, their 64kWh packs are actually closer to 67 gross, 39kWh is nearer 42 gross. I used to have a 30kWh Soul EV and despite being shaped like a breeze block would easily do 3.4 miles per kWh in the winter and up to 5 in the summer in mixed driving, with a fair bit of that on the motorway, I used to commute 35 miles each way between Huddersfield and Manchester on the M62/M60 with high elevation climbs both ways (so worst case you'd get 100 miles out of it, best 150, and that is driving normally, no hypermiling or drafting behind trucks). It's also worth noting that the Kia had a heat pump which does make a big difference to winter efficiency.

Hi Guys,
There is absolutely no need to re-run this range vs GOM vs Efficiency issues.
I thought we had gone over these issues in significant detail on this forum already.
Some are still unfortunately forcing for wishful thinking to be taken as reality.
Well no matter what we as individuals are achieving, the only way we can compare like for like is by the WLTP or EPA numbers.
For ZS EV it is 163 miles mixed and 231 miles urban.
The combined electrical efficiency is only 3.3miles/kWh.
Nothing else matters we just have to accept that. These are MG's own data.
Whatever any individual is able to achieve above or below these figures is due to their personal circumstances.
And I can confidently say that no matter what your GOM shows it will be impossible to produce performance above the WLTP figures in real day to day life conditions in the UK.
So we just have to accept this and move on.
What really matters and what MG seems to have understood is that despite the very good price of ZS EV, the WLTP figures are unfortunately one of the worst in the eSUV class.
So they are improving all that in the new 2021 ZS EV with what I believe will be a reasonable price adjustment and will make the 2021 ZS EV more competitive.

Hi Kasev,
With respect why don’t you give it a rest on the GOM and projected range issues, we are not saying it does it we are simply saying some of us users have these readings on our GOM once fully charged.
You’ve had your say, you’ve been quite clear on your comments and so please let us have our conversation on this matter if we wish to do so without your consistent criticism.
Apologies for the rant, but it’s not all about you!!

Hi Guys
It is about all of us. Not about one or two members only.
The range data can show various values.
There is no correct or wrong data so please with all due respect do not make it about yourselves alone with the persistent rants about what your GOM did that today or the other.
Just go and have your GOMs checked if you think your GOMs are malfunctioning.
For me and I guess most of the members, our range lies within what can be expected from MG's own data.
If you believe your GOM is over and above normal then just please be kind and get your GOM checked. We can not allow the forum to be about you and your super GOM alone for months unend.
Just get your GOMs checked and be kind enough to let's us all know the outcome.

To be honest Kavev do yourself a favour and block me or others if you don’t like what they have to say, because I have just blocked you as I find your comments pointless, and therefore I won’t need to see your posts or responses in future.

It’s a guess after all but it should be based on your total accumulated mkWh. Mine is 3.9 after 250 miles. GOM sees this is my average and displays 165 miles on full charge for example. Marks gom sees his trip computer 4.9 mkWh and shows 210 mile range.

As for why the Kona is more efficient with a smaller battery on the WLTP is a good question. Maybe weight or testing temperature come into play? All I can say is that the eZS is a pleasure to drive. 160 miles range to me normally is four days of driving.

and sorry for wanting to talk about the eZS while being on an eZS forum while being excited to share notes and best practices.

It’s a guess after all but it should be based on your total accumulated mkWh. Mine is 3.9 after 250 miles. GOM sees this is my average and displays 165 miles on full charge for example. Marks gom sees his trip computer 4.9 mkWh and shows 210 mile range.

As for why the Kona is more efficient with a smaller battery on the WLTP is a good question. Maybe weight or testing temperature come into play? All I can say is that the eZS is a pleasure to drive. 160 miles range to me normally is four days of driving.

and sorry for wanting to talk about the eZS while being on an eZS forum while being excited to share notes and best practices.

@lee graham,
You have come to this discussion only recently and so you may be taking things slightly out of contest. We all want to talk about the ZS EV. But on this forum we have had an issue in the past when it seemed some would project their personal experiences as a sort of norm even when such personal data somewhat outlies the MG manufacturers own information and data. The point I am making is we should discuss issues in the light of clear cut MG data and information rather than try to translate our personal experience into truths and myths.
For example It is absolutely clear that C2U does not affect range in anyway at all. MG's own tech info on the upgrade makes it clear. Some have however insisted C2U has done all sorts of miraculous things to range.
Believe me this has been serious for some MG Dealership with some buyers almost returning their ZS EV because they got so confused about this issue of range and efficiency because of some ridiculous claims about range.
It serves no purpose to talk about our personal data in a manner which creates disinformation.

Hyundai and Kia also have the most efficient motors outside of Tesla, so they can eek more range from a battery than others can, irrespective of things like drag coefficent (just look at the range of the new e-Soul v Leaf e+ which should be a more aero car). Kia/Hyundai also quote usable pack size with their battery sizes, their 64kWh packs are actually closer to 67 gross, 39kWh is nearer 42 gross. I used to have a 30kWh Soul EV and despite being shaped like a breeze block would easily do 3.4 miles per kWh in the winter and up to 5 in the summer in mixed driving, with a fair bit of that on the motorway, I used to commute 35 miles each way between Huddersfield and Manchester on the M62/M60 with high elevation climbs both ways (so worst case you'd get 100 miles out of it, best 150, and that is driving normally, no hypermiling or drafting behind trucks). It's also worth noting that the Kia had a heat pump which does make a big difference to winter efficiency.

Thanks and your most likely correct and this was just the answer I was expecting, that its also down to running gear as well as battery size.

Hi Guys
It is about all of us. Not about one or two members only.
The range data can show various values.
There is no correct or wrong data so please with all due respect do not make it about yourselves alone with the persistent rants about what your GOM did that today or the other.
Just go and have your GOMs checked if you think your GOMs are malfunctioning.
For me and I guess most of the members, our range lies within what can be expected from MG's own data.
If you believe your GOM is over and above normal then just please be kind and get your GOM checked. We can not allow the forum to be about you and your super GOM alone for months unend.
Just get your GOMs checked and be kind enough to let's us all know the outcome.

Yeah you need to get off your hight horse this wasn't about gom it was a question how does one manufacturer get 189 from a 39kw battery pack and another 163 from a 44.5 kw pack.

Yeah you need to get off your hight horse this wasn't about gom it was a question how does one manufacturer get 189 from a 39kw battery pack and another 163 from a 44.5 kw pack.
Well. I will make the point and remake it again and again the forum is to share useful practical fact based information. Whenever anything is said which is baseless myth that someone is trying to pass as the norm then I will say what I know to be practical and fact based. Insults have no place on the forum.

Well. I will make the point and remake it again and again the forum is to share useful practical fact based information. Whenever anything is said which is baseless myth that someone is trying to pass as the norm then I will say what I know to be practical and fact based. Insults have no place on the forum.
Not sure how you was insulted, and again just asking how it can be different between car makes and S it would seem its not down to just battery size not sure what your reading.

With the greatest respect KasEV, the reason you get people‘s backs up is that you DO keep making points again and again and again and you talk down to people who have as much right as anybody else to express their thoughts and views. That is the whole point of a forum - open discussion and the exchange of thoughts, ideas and views. Nobody (with the possible exception of yourself and your “EV boffins”) is trying to stretch the facts or indoctrinate others with their views, they are simply having open discussion.

With the greatest respect KasEV, the reason you get people‘s backs up is that you DO keep making points again and again and again and you talk down to people who have as much right as anybody else to express their thoughts and views. That is the whole point of a forum - open discussion and the exchange of thoughts, ideas and views. Nobody (with the possible exception of yourself and your “EV boffins”) is trying to stretch the facts or indoctrinate others with their views, they are simply having open discussion.
@GordieG,
Well my sincerest apologies if anything I have said is baseless and not factual or not practical and if anything I have written is myth designed to indoctrinate.
It would have been very good on your part if you brought that to immediate attention and exposed my statements to be untrue and indoctrinatory myths.
I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.
What I have noted happens is that people resort to insults when one confronts with facts. So Iet's just stick to the facts and ignore the insults.

Well here we go yet AGAIN. It is indeed a myth that “people” resort to insults when “one” confronts them with facts. Do you not think that your confrontational retorts to all and sundry are a bit insulting to people who are simply having a discussion amongst themselves? @lee graham, @Mark Holmes and @Oldgrice were simply discussing individual GOM readings and driving styles when you leapt in and repeated AGAIN your well worn doctrine of manufacturer’s data and real world range. You claimed there is no correct or wrong data but then accused them of persistent GOM “rants” - I’m afraid it is you that persistently rants; whether it’s about range, batteries, other members or insults, you have hammered YOUR opinions home at every possible opportunity.

popcorn.gif

This is getting good. :cool:

Well here we go yet AGAIN. It is indeed a myth that “people” resort to insults when “one” confronts them with facts. Do you not think that your confrontational retorts to all and sundry are a bit insulting to people who are simply having a discussion amongst themselves? @lee graham, @Mark Holmes and @Oldgrice were simply discussing individual GOM readings and driving styles when you leapt in and repeated AGAIN your well worn doctrine of manufacturer’s data and real world range. You claimed there is no correct or wrong data but then accused them of persistent GOM “rants” - I’m afraid it is you that persistently rants; whether it’s about range, batteries, other members or insults, you have hammered YOUR opinions home at every possible opportunity.
Thats spot on and in my post I made no mention of the GOM readings " get off your high horse" I wouldn't think that's an insult not sure about you ?‍♂️
I for one am tired of his rants.

Well Folks
A free and open forum. Don't be shy.
Insults, comments, remarks, likes, dislikes and whatever else you have to say please be free.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom