• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Configurator now live and prices confirmed

1659714379077.png

1659714392096.png

Dont know why MG official pages can't show clear shots like this.

From the colour that has to be the Trophy LR equivalent in the EU. If so, have those seats cloth inserts and PU surrounds? I hope so because that's the colour I want but my wife would entertain PLASTIC seats again!
Yes it says in the UK spec it's leather with cloth inserts, the SE model is full cloth

Hi all. New member here! Very keen to get a MG4 when I can after failing to get my hands on a ZS LR this year.

I was thinking of getting the SE LR rather than Trophy as it ticks many of the boxes with a £3k saving, though will wait to see what the Affinity pricing is. My local dealership weren't taking deposits and said to wait for launch.

However, there are a couple of really disappointing omissions from the SE trim. For example the dual-height adjustable boot floor is only in the Trophy trim. Why?! I don't think the same in the ZS was reserved for the Exclusive/Trophy trims and was in all models, right? Also, no satnav at all in SE trim seemingly, which isn't so bad as I plan to use Android Auto, but I don't know why they walled it off this time.

Ah well, at least they've FINALLY made the steering wheel adjustable for reach as well as height!

Hi all. New member here! Very keen to get a MG4 when I can after failing to get my hands on a ZS LR this year.

I was thinking of getting the SE LR rather than Trophy as it ticks many of the boxes with a £3k saving, though will wait to see what the Affinity pricing is. My local dealership weren't taking deposits and said to wait for launch.

However, there are a couple of really disappointing omissions from the SE trim. For example the dual-height adjustable boot floor is only in the Trophy trim. Why?! I don't think the same in the ZS was reserved for the Exclusive/Trophy trims and was in all models, right? Also, no satnav at all in SE trim seemingly, which isn't so bad as I plan to use Android Auto, but I don't know why they walled it off this time.

Ah well, at least they've FINALLY made the steering wheel adjustable for reach as well as height!
If those are your only concerns then I think you will be well served with the SE. I’m sure you can get an aftermarket boot cover.

Bigger issue is to select a dealer who can actually allocate you stocks. The way the world’s going right now it’s not impossible to see only one big shipment and no more.

If those are your only concerns then I think you will be well served with the SE. I’m sure you can get an aftermarket boot cover.

Bigger issue is to select a dealer who can actually allocate you stocks. The way the world’s going right now it’s not impossible to see only one big shipment and no more.
Many of the other extras would be nice, especially the privacy glass, better speaker system and 360 degree parking camera. However I can do without them and for £3k saving I think it's sensible to go with that trim. In fact I don't really like the spoilers or two-tone roof and plan to get one in white anyway. No satnav on SE trim is also a curious omission!

I'll ask around other dealerships and look to put down the £99 deposit that others have.

Oh really? Didn't know that. Just the ZS (original and refresh) EV that had only height adjustment?
I can't speak with authority about other variants like the HS but I think it was only the ZSEV that had limited adjustment.

Sorry, wrong on all counts here. I have an SE and can assure you that it has a dual height boot floor and a Sat Nav.

The steering wheel still only has height adjustment on all models

Sorry was getting mixed up with the ZS!

Last edited:
Looks as though the display is more panoramic than the ZS and it has 4 columns of informatiom.

Wonder if there are any changes to the software

Sorry, wrong on all counts here. I have an SE and can assure you that it has a dual height boot floor and a Sat Nav.

The steering wheel still only has height adjustment on all models

Wasn't the post referring to the fact it's not included on the SE MG4 spec list?

All-New MG4 EV SE​
All-New MG4 EV SE Long Range​
All-New MG4 EV Trophy Long Range​
Adjustable Dual-Height Boot Floor
•​

I feel very silly now. 🙃

Apologies for that. In which case he is probably correct but I'd be shocked if the satnav was excluded from the SE spec as its pretty integrated into the infotainment system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel very silly now. 🙃

Apologies for that. In which case he is probably correct but I'd be shocked if the satnav was excluded from the SE spec as its pretty integrated into the infotainment system.
We don't need to wonder about it, satnav is excluded from the SE trim features list in the full specs outlined in the configurator page.

Screenshot_20220806-190820_Chrome.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel