Dashcam install

Possibly a silly question as the talk is on hardwire here, any cons to just using the cigarette 12v that comes with most dash cams, I've used that in my last 3 cars not MG's? I assume it because you cannot use the park monitor anything else?

Can the power cable be routed tidily when using the 12V socket?
Certainly can. That’s the way mine is. I have it tucked into the head cloth, then pressed into the seal beside the A-pillar. From there, it’s tucked in behind the panel below the steering wheel, then I have it running down one of the openings for the phone lead. You can only see a very small portion of the cable between the panel under the steering wheel and the area where the phone sits, then obviously a small amount as it comes out again to reach the 12V socket.

I’m fairly fussy and it looks tidy as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone double confirm that using a hardwire cable with parking guard and switched plus permanent live works as it should and does not deplete the 12v battery?

Can anyone double confirm that using a hardwire cable with parking guard and switched plus permanent live works as it should and does not deplete the 12v battery?
Mine’s been hardwired from the fuse box since early March. No problems with battery, and car has been left a few days unused on several occasions.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom