Dashcam install

@jamesc83 Think you're confused here
deffo behind the glove box

Definitely not confused, I know my own car but it’s an MG4 not a ZS. Hence this being in the MG4 form

Do you realise this is an MG4 forum thread? Looks.like.you have a ZS

Anyone know the specific type of cable needed to pull a pigtail off the fuse? I want to order bits for mine, but the car is at the dealer getting fixed, so can’t look for myself.

Ordered a twin pack of eBay today based on this post.
Well I thought I had finished fitting my dash camera today, but I’m be just learnt that F4 which is empty ( for what would be the heated steering wheel, but my SE model doesn’t have ) is a permanent live ( it much go though a ignition switched relay at some point after this fuse, the manual doesn’t show what the relays are used for )

Anyhow if you all want to fit your dash cameras you will need this bizzare piggy back connector - 1 Set MICRO3 PIGGY BACK BLADE FUSE HOLDER TAP 12V WITH 10A FUSE | eBay

It’s the first time I’ve ever come across fuses like this, I believe it will be the new standard for cars as it’s very compact, they are called “Micro3” fuses and each “fuse” is actually 2 fuses in 1 and able to supply 2 separate circuits ( normally rated to the same amperage )

I’ll pop up the rest of my pictures on how to hardwire a dash camera once this micro3 piggy back arrives and I add it to my dash camera wiring.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a reliable professional available in Essex/Hertford/London area to install a dash cam on MG4? Halfords doesn't install on electric cars.

I suppose the question is - how is the "switched" live being tested if the car is locked?

I have the axdome M300S dashcam fitted few days ago and its hardwired for parking mode as well, Fitter said the Op's picture is not reflective of what he saw in the driver's knee fusebox, but he found a way to get it all sorted.

When car is locked, I have set the camera to work in timelapse mode when parked, even after parking the car unused for 24 hours the blue light in the front and rear cams are still on.

I have the axdome M300S dashcam fitted few days ago and its hardwired for parking mode as well, Fitter said the Op's picture is not reflective of what he saw in the driver's knee fusebox, but he found a way to get it all sorted.

When car is locked, I have set the camera to work in timelapse mode when parked, even after parking the car unused for 24 hours the blue light in the front and rear cams are still on.
Maybe because you have a SE SR and he has a trophy LR. his fuse box would almost certainly have more fuses etc installed for the different extra options like heated seats, heated steering wheel, electric seats etc

Hi, Have you any photos of where yours is connected?

Maybe because you have a SE SR and he has a trophy LR. his fuse box would almost certainly have more fuses etc installed for the different extra options like heated seats, heated steering wheel, electric seats etc
Makes sense

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom