Dealers with allocation and what specs etc.

Had my call an hour ago, I will be getting my first choice - Trophy in Volcanic Orange in the first wave.
They (Cardiff MG) said I could probably pickup the 3rd week of September, but my test drive isn't until 27th, and I definitely want to do that first.
I am buying blind, I could be an idiot (sure some will decide I am) but i am keen on the car and I recently cancelled my Hybrid company car which will be picked up on 4th Oct. Did not fancy using my Gas Guzzling Zed for work, so went all in, to get the car in a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed

The sky roof was dropped from 1st July onward for new factory orders of the Trophy spec. Instead that trim now includes the live services that were a 'Connect' feature, as well as rear privacy glass. IIRC iSmart was always included on all facelift ZS EV, just with some features not available on all trims:
Some people have still been able to secure a Trophy with the Sky Roof if they found a dealer that already had one on order.
Seems the one I had on order is still available (Red LRT with Pano roof)

My dealer confirmed this morning that they have been told of their allocation and should be delivered to them in the next week or so. I pre-ordered last month and understand my red Trophy is among the allocation but have to wait until they are physically at the dealership to confirm. Test Drive booked for 19th so definitely before then.
So annoyed! Dealer rang today saying that my car is NOT on the first allocation and 'may be in October'

In fairness, you'll only be 'out' by a couple of weeks - the second batch will arrive at the end of the week...
I may have to wait till October/nov for mine but was never promised it was in this month which this dealer shouldn’t have done!

My dealer is keeping an orange trophy as their showroom car and that’s what I ordered. Happy to wait until next batch unless they have another trophy in their allocation I want.

Test drive booked for 24th

So annoyed! Dealer rang today saying that my car is NOT on the first allocation and 'may be in October'
I know how you feel. The dealers are not to blame though for just being given cars, MG UK HQ should have created a reservation system for customers and organised it better centrally.

Dealers could have communicated better with customers in many cases and perhaps over promised a bit with September delivery.

Any dealers in the South East with September allocation available? Looking for Trophy spec. Open to colour.

Basically dealt with a crap dealer. Order placed when books open and they've obviously f.d up. Now telling me that I won't get a car until 2nd drop. They probably should have concentrated on the order instead of trying to upsell me on add-on services.

It's not a good look for the brand.

MG Chiswick called today to say they knew their allocation. Sadly my red Trophy is not in the first batch. They offered me a couple of SE versions which I declined. More stock is expected in October and November. Having to wait a little longer has its upsides - there will be more real-life user reviews and perhaps more clarity on exact specs, accessories, NCAP and insurance

I spoke to my dealer today too. He said the boat had only just arrived yesterday with the first proper batch of MG4s (apart from the untested models that the reviewers had in the past weeks). They knew roughly how many they were getting in number, but not yet what specs and colours these would be, so they haven't allocated them to customers yet. He said they'd had loads of MG4 orders, its popular!

If more stock is expected in October and November then that is good news, and hopefully more of us here will be lucky.

Seems like the September batch can just be classed as October given that most dealers are saying around 27th.

I'm guessing it was just optics and perhaps securing the early adopters. I've not ruled out the Cupra Born just yet since the £32k Trophy puts it in kind of close pricing proximity despite what the headline figures would have you believe.

Last edited:
Seems like the September batch can just be classed as October given they most dealers are saying around 27th.

I'm guessing it was just optics of securing the early adopters. I've not rules out the Born just yet since Trophy puts then kind of close then the headline figures would have you believe.
Good point.

Just read on line on some random site, that MG are looking at a simultaneous world wide launch ( well Europe and China) on the 13th September. Guessing that will be the digital online thingy-bob that was posted on here a few days back… but would be nice if the cars are actually at the dealerships on that day too!!

My dealer has also confirmed another members post on here, that the Dealearship staff are indeed attending an in-house training course on the MG4 on the 22nd September, so probably more like the cars will be available from the 23rd???

Who the bloody hell knows? 😂

Good point.

Just read on line on some random site, that MG are looking at a simultaneous world wide launch ( well Europe and China) on the 13th September. Guessing that will be the digital online thingy-bob that was posted on here a few days back… but would be nice if the cars are actually at the dealerships on that day too!!

My dealer has also confirmed another members post on here, that the Dealearship staff are indeed attending an in-house training course on the MG4 on the 22nd September, so probably more like the cars will be available from the 23rd???

Who the bloody hell knows? 😂
I am penciled in for a test drive on the 24th so hopefully they’ll have them by then! If not I’ll have to push it back a week.

With the death of The Queen, the country will enter a period of mourning. This may well delay the launch and delivery, so be prepared for some dates being pushed back.
God save The King.
I was just thinking there may well be a bank holiday announced for the funeral as well.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back