Dealers with allocation and what specs etc.

Just got off the phone from my salesman. Seems that MG UK cocked up and the Grey Trophy, that was allocated to them (and on to me) is not actually a Trophy, but an SE. Not the dealers fault but it does not bode well for MG UK's reputation for customer excellence. Also leaves me with the dilemma of what to do. I certainly only want a Trophy, so am waiting to see if they can come up with a satisfactory alternative solution.

Has anyone else had this happen? You would think that they would have known this earlier on. They still do not know when they are getting the cars in, but my guess would be around the 22nd-24th.

Just got off the phone from my salesman. Seems that MG UK cocked up and the Grey Trophy, that was allocated to them (and on to me) is not actually a Trophy, but an SE. Not the dealers fault but it does not bode well for MG UK's reputation for customer excellence. Also leaves me with the dilemma of what to do. I certainly only want a Trophy, so am waiting to see if they can come up with a satisfactory alternative solution.

Has anyone else had this happen? You would think that they would have known this earlier on. They still do not know when they are getting the cars in, but my guess would be around the 22nd-24th.
I've been given the registration plate of my Troohy grey so I assume if they definately know it's allocated to someone then they should know the registration plate also

If anyone's dealer has a surplus blue Trophy they want rid of, let me know.
@WonkoTheSaneUK did your allocation not come through. Felt like we were the outsiders on the blue. My dealer had the option but had to pull some strings so in the end unchanged the colour to secure what they knew they were getting.

@WonkoTheSaneUK did your allocation not come through. Felt like we were the outsiders on the blue. My dealer had the option but had to pull some strings so in the end unchanged the colour to secure what they knew they were getting.
Last I heard (2 weeks ago), my dealer (Gallaghers of Sandycroft) claimed to not know their allocation yet. Haven't heard a peep from them since.

Same phone call yesterday my grey trophy apparently mg cocked up sending a Se instead I don't want a se waiting now also to see what dealer does,sold my car 2 weeks ago so I'm stuffed now

Hello! First post here!
Looks like I'm getting one of your cancelled grey SEs. I recounted on SpeakEV how I took my ZS in for a service yesterday and ended up going for an MG4. Part exchange for the ZS after 2 years was more than I paid for it..

Being a cheapskate, retired and not too concerned about extras (I've always paid for my own cars..) I went for the cheapest colour and spec, but they offered me a grey which I hadn't seen the photo of. As it was a good deal and I reckon the car will be popular I decided there and then to go for it, so hopefully I'll be getting it soon.

Expect me to be haunting this forum for a bit now. I wouldn't say that there was misinformation on here, but there's a lot that needs confirmation. ;-) So what is the latest on cables etc?

Hello! First post here!
Looks like I'm getting one of your cancelled grey SEs. I recounted on SpeakEV how I took my ZS in for a service yesterday and ended up going for an MG4. Part exchange for the ZS after 2 years was more than I paid for it..

Being a cheapskate, retired and not too concerned about extras (I've always paid for my own cars..) I went for the cheapest colour and spec, but they offered me a grey which I hadn't seen the photo of. As it was a good deal and I reckon the car will be popular I decided there and then to go for it, so hopefully I'll be getting it soon.

Expect me to be haunting this forum for a bit now. I wouldn't say that there was misinformation on here, but there's a lot that needs confirmation. ;-) So what is the latest on cables etc?
Hi Sue,
Told you it was me. :p

Cables - Miles just posted this:- MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

Last edited:
Same phone call yesterday my grey trophy apparently mg cocked up sending a Se instead I don't want a se waiting now also to see what dealer does,sold my car 2 weeks ago so I'm stuffed now
Curious as to the outcome, in your case. I’ve been offered a red trophy, from first allocation, which I will take if there’s no chance of a grey one (apparently I would get pushed back to November). I am number 2 on the order list and number 1 is getting an orange trophy.

Exact same story just happened with me as well, I also booked Trophy. but just got off the phone call with my dealer, He do not have a Trophy, So he is offering me SE Long Range. Might call me next week for test drive.

Curious as to the outcome, in your case. I’ve been offered a red trophy, from first allocation, which I will take if there’s no chance of a grey one (apparently I would get pushed back to November). I am number 2 on the order list and number 1 is getting an orange trophy.
I’ll take your red trophy. I have ordered one, but not sure if my dealer will get one. I suppose you have used your local Crawley based dealer?

Exact same story just happened with me as well, I also booked Trophy. but just got off the phone call with my dealer, He do not have a Trophy, So he is offering me SE Long Range. Might call me next week for test drive.
As far as I know, I have an Orange trophy on order, but after reading these horror stories, who knows what I’ll end up with. Seems like MG have cocked it up again big time. After seeing the European launch videos of them saying how fantastic the sales figures are, I think it’s very misleading as the majority of the orders remain unfulfilled.
I will be going to my dealer in the morning to get to the truth.

As far as I know, I have an Orange trophy on order, but after reading these horror stories, who knows what I’ll end up with. Seems like MG have cocked it up again big time. After seeing the European launch videos of them saying how fantastic the sales figures are, I think it’s very misleading as the majority of the orders remain unfulfilled.
I will be going to my dealer in the morning to get to the truth.
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Is it a significant marketing piece of information for MG UK that all of their potential customers have passed out due to excessive consumption of rum by 11.00 pm?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back