Dealers with allocation and what specs etc.

I think 26 between 2 showrooms is pretty high as Chorley Group for example told me they had an allocation of approx. 15 MG4s for their first allocation across 2 branches.
It's obviously difficult to second guess what MG are thinking (!) but maybe dealerships with the bigger pockets are getting more models?

Clearly Waylands have shifted 21 models, assuming everyone completes their order.

I think 26 between 2 showrooms is pretty high as Chorley Group for example told me they had an allocation of approx. 15 MG4s for their first allocation across 2 branches.
As previously posted elsewhere Luscombe's sent out the following message some time ago;

"The size of each dealer’s allocation is relative to target/previous volumes, and being MGs largest dealer, we have had the UK’s largest allocation of 15 cars for September. Unfortunately, the mix of these 15 cars doesn’t wholly reflect the order take to date as 10 of the 13 cars we have available to fulfil customer orders are Standard Range SE’s."

As previously posted elsewhere Luscombe's sent out the following message some time ago;

"The size of each dealer’s allocation is relative to target/previous volumes, and being MGs largest dealer, we have had the UK’s largest allocation of 15 cars for September. Unfortunately, the mix of these 15 cars doesn’t wholly reflect the order take to date as 10 of the 13 cars we have available to fulfil customer orders are Standard Range SE’s."
It looks like this will be a common issue. The 5 that Waylands have available of their September allocation I am told are all Standard Range SE's.

An interesting poll here would be how many of us have ordered which of the 3 specs.

It looks like this will be a common issue. The 5 that Waylands have available of their September allocation I am told are all Standard Range SE's.

An interesting poll here would be how many of us have ordered which of the 3 specs.
I picked up my trophy LR ZS last Wednesday from Luscombe's Leeds

A bit of FYI for you, I know that the car transporter industry has taken bit of a hammering during the pandemic/on going supply issues. Plus the shortage of HGV drivers in general.

A lot of transporter drivers switched to other forms of driving and haven't gone back, I have three newish colleagues that 'jumped ship'.

What a time to be alive.
Exactly - I have an 'idyllic' cottage (EPC “G” ) which runs on Kero 28, I’ve just diverted my funds to an MG4 to replace my 14 year old VW Tiguan (with battery storage / solar etc. / superquilt ) just to create a bit of resilience, as its so cold in the winter – never had such issues with HGV shortages/lack of oil! until 18 months ago!

Waylands Oxford and Newbury are advertising that they have 6 cars left out of their original allocation of 26.

Not sure what those 6 are, but there is a 'enquire today' link on the page.

EDIT: It's now down to 5 remaining....
Spoke to them. Only 1 SE in White at Newbury (or was it Oxford) either way. Slim pickings

Exactly - I have an 'idyllic' cottage (EPC “G” ) which runs on Kero 28, I’ve just diverted my funds to an MG4 to replace my 14 year old VW Tiguan (with battery storage / solar etc. / superquilt ) just to create a bit of resilience, as its so cold in the winter – never had such issues with HGV shortages/lack of oil! until 18 months ago!
I guess that resilience has taken a fair amount of investment. Money that you could have enjoyed no doubt. I work in the food supply chain, we're treading water, you'll see the empty shelves in the supermarket. I'm putting a lot of overtime in. We all are, but we're governed by tachograph law. There's only so much we can do in a week. (off topic sorry)

Hoping my MG4 will turn up soon and put a smile on my face. 😀👍

What price do you think an ex demo when available should go for ?

What price do you think an ex demo when available should go for ?
Normally £1,500 off list for being "pre-registered" and ~ 1,000 miles, but in the current market who knows? Some cars a year old with 10,000 miles are selling for more than they cost, but that's because new models have gone up in price and are on back order. Will MG match supply to demand, particularly with the upcoming economic crisis potentially driving down demand? Or will it be the only way to get a car in less than 6-12 months?
My guess is that MG will exceed the falling demand after a few months and prices may begin to soften, but are you comfortable to wait and how much will your existing car slide in value? GFV on leases are very high but appear to be little more than gambling.

Some cars a year old with 10,000 miles are selling for more than they cost, but that's because new models have gone up in price and are on back order.
For PX I was offered £650 more for my two year old car, albeit only ~7K miles.

Is that a ZS EV? I'd be curiosu as to how much you were offered. I have a 2020 Exclusive with 9K miles
Mine is a 2020 Exclusive with 10K miles, so quite similar to yours. On We Buy Any Car it gives me a surprisingly good £23,600 valuation. Obviously with them you don't know exactly how much they'll give you until they inspect the car properly with their finest of tooth combs.

Mine is a 2020 Exclusive with 10K miles, so quite similar to yours. On We Buy Any Car it gives me a surprisingly good £23,600 valuation. Obviously with them you don't know exactly how much they'll give you until they inspect the car properly with their finest of tooth combs.
Yeah I get similar from WBAC and motorway. Haven't had a dealer offer yet, will do when I go for test drive.

Mine is an exclusive with 7k miles but a pre-reg, and the dealer offer was around 22.5k, without scrabbling through my paperwork.

I recommend getting a quote from Arnold Clark.

I have a 2021 Excite with 11400 miles on the clock. They have quoted me £22999. I have sold cars through them before and they have never given me anything less than the online valuation.

I was late to the party when ordering and I am expecting my Holborn Blue Trophy in early January. In the meantime I am monitoring the AC trade in valuation.

I put my £99 down on an MG4 in on 2nd August. Have just agreed to sell my 21 plate MG ZS EV Exclusive through Motorway for £24,780 with only 9k on the clock. Phoned the dealer and expecting my MG4 in November, so I'm going to get a subscription car from Onto for 2 months just to tide me over. Didn't want to turn down the money and lose out on a great valuation. Also, Onto is electric so still 1 UP for the environment.

What a joke this is turning into.

I get told I need to order red. So order red then get told we have no red. Meanwhile other orders are getting options in.

It's a really poor form from MG and also just putting the fight with the buyers amongst ourselves as we scramble for first allocation.

I ordered the first day of order books are and now am finding a number of later orders are being fulfilled ahead of the first ones.

Is MG and/or MG dealers trustworthy/truthful?

I don't understand why it should be so hard to buy an item that is made and ready to deliver. Grr. Feeling fed up with this whole thing

@ukflyer? When did you order. I really haven't seen any clear info on how this allocation has been distributed
I didn’t spot any red MG4 in the media photos of the first shipment. Initially I was told that as it is a premium colour there should be more available. However I guess you’ve been asked to order red to raise the demand at the factory so more get produced. My red car isn’t showing an estimated delivery time as yet!

It's obviously difficult to second guess what MG are thinking (!) but maybe dealerships with the bigger pockets are getting more models?

Clearly Waylands have shifted 21 models, assuming everyone completes their order.
My dealership got 18 in the first allocation. I suppose the first cars across 150 dealerships in UK doesn’t go far.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back