Dealers with allocation and what specs etc.

In wondering how much dealers might be swayed in their decisions re allocation of cars to customers by the prospect of what must be a considerable 'bung' from pcp financiers - how many of those who have firm offers of cars are actually using the pcp or other finance deals, I also wonder.

I wonder if that's why one of my many nicknames is 'Jim the Wonder Boy'?

Just wondering.

I popped in to Glyn Hopkin East London yesterday and they have just taken delivery of a white trophy.
I would imagine it's their demonstrator but there was no one around to talk to so I don't know if they've received a second model for showroom display.
If a get a minute I'll go back today
In the meantime I got some emails back from leasing companies who are quoting factory order lead times of around 5 months.

I popped in to Glyn Hopkin East London yesterday and they have just taken delivery of a white trophy.
I would imagine it's their demonstrator but there was no one around to talk to so I don't know if they've received a second model for showroom display.
If a get a minute I'll go back today
In the meantime I got some emails back from leasing companies who are quoting factory order lead times of around 5 months.
Per the Glyn Hopkin facewhatnot page, it said yesterday:

Glyn Hopkin MG East London have had their first customer cars deliveries of the Brand New 100% Electric MG4 - all ready for delivery!
Demos are arriving very soon across our 6 MG dealerships! Enquire today...

Ordered the Trophy in Holborn Blue (I dithered over the orange). My dealer is expecting allocation sometime w/c September 26 (although he did say that was an estimate). No idea what they are getting as yet. As far as my order is concerned, was advised likely February. He has taken a lot of orders. This suits me as my current car (EV, not MG) deal ends then.
Just had an email update - now saying mid January, which is a slight improvement. We'll see 😁

Just popped over during my lunch to a local dealer in Sheffield. They're expecting test drives available next week in a white Trophy. They had this one currently on charge. No showroom one's yet. Looks well in red.

Don't think I'm tempted out of my current ICE car just yet though.

Attachments

• IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 153
Funny they offered me white trophy as I got deposite with them. Agree red looking nice

In my eyes it's certainly a colour that suits the car. Hopefully you'll be receiving yours very soon!

I could only look round it and peer through the Windows. I'll have a proper sit in etc next week if they get it in the showroom.

Think MG have the new smaller sized 'electric car for the people' here just on first impressions.

Looking forward to the dual motor version, although the dealer had no idea what I was talking about haha.

Just popped over during my lunch to a local dealer in Sheffield. They're expecting test drives available next week in a white Trophy. They had this one currently on charge. No showroom one's yet. Looks well in red.

I phoned them on Tuesday and they said that they did not know when they were likely to receive their demonstrator!

I phoned them on Tuesday and they said that they did not know when they were likely to receive their demonstrator!
The guy who I spoke to briefly said that they now had 2 cars which arrived yesterday, the Red one pictured and a White Trophy for the demonstrator I think. Guess the red (think it's an SE) one will make it's way into the showroom, but could be wrong.

I have to say if I were looking to buy an MG, I'm not sure I be picking that particular dealer if I'm honest. I didn't find them welcoming or helpful. Guess when you've already sold your allocation there's no need to be.

Another dealer another disappointing outcome. For all the talk of the SE LR being in short supply it seems to be the only one I can find. Trophy seems to be the one which somehow has been limited.

Will give it a few more days and then probably give up and buy an ICE car. Feel pretty disappointed with it all. It's sucked the excitement out of it so now I think I'm starting to hate the car!

Another dealer another disappointing outcome. For all the talk of the SE LR being in short supply it seems to be the only one I can find. Trophy seems to be the one which somehow has been limited.

Will give it a few more days and then probably give up and buy an ICE car. Feel pretty disappointed with it all. It's sucked the excitement out of it so now I think I'm starting to hate the car!
Same here

The guy who I spoke to briefly said that they now had 2 cars which arrived yesterday, the Red one pictured and a White Trophy for the demonstrator I think. Guess the red (think it's an SE) one will make it's way into the showroom, but could be wrong.

I have to say if I were looking to buy an MG, I'm not sure I be picking that particular dealer if I'm honest. I didn't find them welcoming or helpful. Guess when you've already sold your allocation there's no need to be.
Thanks. I might go next week - just for a look. I bought my previous ZS Petrol and my current ZS EV from them but I have a blue Trophy on order with MG Burnley.

Thanks. I might go next week - just for a look. I bought my previous ZS Petrol and my current ZS EV from them but I have a blue Trophy on order with MG Burnley.
Check Chorley MG on Twitter. They arrived yesterday😁

My dealer’s transporter was supposed to arrive today, but will now be Monday. They have three customer cars, including mine, on it, and these are arriving before their demo cars. I should be able to see and test drive my actual car, early next week. It’s going to be a very long slow weekend!

My dealer’s transporter was supposed to arrive today, but will now be Monday. They have three customer cars, including mine, on it, and these are arriving before their demo cars. I should be able to see and test drive my actual car, early next week. It’s going to be a very long slow weekend!
I've just been the same thing by my dealer

If anyone knows of a LR available SE or trophy let me know, currently have an SE SR collection on Wednesday in black.

Last edited:
I phoned local dealer this morning. They said they had one MG4 in. It was awaiting customer collection so you could look at it, but not open or touch! Their demo car is expected on Monday they said.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back