Dealers with allocation and what specs etc.

Yes, very frustrating! Nowhere round me seems to have them yet either. It looks like they've all gone to the garages up North!

I can't get any time off work this week, so it looks like it will be next Sunday before I can even see one in person :(
Seems like my red Trophy has gone from ‘in first batch’ to ‘awaiting factory build’ but it took an email to MGUK to find out

Seems like my red Trophy has gone from ‘in first batch’ to ‘awaiting factory build’ but it took an email to MGUK to find out
I was told that if I wanted a Trophy I could get orange in 8 weeks but any other colour would be at least 16 weeks. I wanted orange anyway, so hopefully mine is in the next batch.

Having waited 11 months for my wife’s VW Tiguan from order to collection, even 16 weeks doesn’t sound too bad!

Dont suppose you have that email address do you?

Just rang MG Chorley Group to find out if they have a demo in yet, to be told "probably the end of next month". I asked him to clarify and he said all cars that had come in were sold cars. Guess I'll have to ring around the North West to find a dealer with a demo to have a test drive.

Just rang MG Chorley Group to find out if they have a demo in yet, to be told "probably the end of next month". I asked him to clarify and he said all cars that had come in were sold cars. Guess I'll have to ring around the North West to find a dealer with a demo to have a test drive.
I thought the dealers had to keep one for the showroom and one as a demo

My dealer had an Orange trophy for display and SE LR as a test drive car. So maybe different for different dealers.

Did you try MG Chorley@burnley my car is supposed to be delivered this week.

Did you try MG Chorley@burnley my car is supposed to be delivered this week.
I am getting mine from there. Unfortunately I was slightly late to the party and it is “expected” in the first week of January.

I have just been to MG in Sheffield to sit in the showroom model and I am smitten!

I am getting mine from there. Unfortunately I was slightly late to the party and it is “expected” in the first week of January.

I have just been to MG in Sheffield to sit in the showroom model and I am smitten!
Seen this....?

Screenshot_20220927-115019.png

Just phoned Burnley and they are expecting their demo later this week, but aren't booking anyone in yet as they aren't sure it will arrive this week.
Thanks for the update Matt, that’s good to know. I bet that they are fed up with people ringing up.

I just called in at MG Sheffield on the off chance this morning. They had two SR’s, a red one for the demonstrator and a grey one for the showroom model. The grey one looked lovely.

Local dealer in Gloucestershire has one demo and one showroom MG4. I'll be having a spin in one tomorrow. Dealer assures me my order for a white SE LR should arrive next month.

I was told that if I wanted a Trophy I could get orange in 8 weeks but any other colour would be at least 16 weeks. I wanted orange anyway, so hopefully mine is in the next batch.

Having waited 11 months for my wife’s VW Tiguan from order to collection, even 16 weeks doesn’t sound too bad!
I was asked what colour I wanted and when I gave a choice, and said if stock comes in then I d consider any colour. They said it son's work like that so I chose the Red - didn't say which colours were already produced otherwise I'd have gone for white.

Another dealer another disappointing outcome. For all the talk of the SE LR being in short supply it seems to be the only one I can find. Trophy seems to be the one which somehow has been limited.

Will give it a few more days and then probably give up and buy an ICE car. Feel pretty disappointed with it all. It's sucked the excitement out of it so now I think I'm starting to hate the car!
Can I ask who had yhe SR LR?

Can I ask who had yhe SR LR?
Me. It was supposed to be a Trophy. But I think they had another customer lined up after I rejected it.

Starting to cool on the car in general now. £32k is still a lot of money and I'm now considering 2nd hand ice again (enough for my needs).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back