ECU Module version spreadsheet

So, the dealer's replied saying he's checked directly with MG and they're not advising to update the BMS! He knows about the October BMS release that's causing problems but he says that my car is 'up to date'.

We've agreed that I will monitor the range and if it begins to drop, we'll get it booked in for the update to the latest version.

I was holding off using any rapid charging but, we'll just use it as we would 'normally' do and I'll keep a close eye on the battery cell min and max's.

Septian - have you got your BMS updated or are you still using the same BMS as me?

Cheers

Bloggsy
The way it was described was; if you didn't have the dodgy Oct version then updates would just be done at service time; if you had the dodgy Oct version then it should be updated asap by dealers...

Thanks JodyS21 - you and Septian seem to be up to speed with these updates, which is a relief!

I'll be interested to see if there are any differences with Septian's car once he has his BMS updated to the latest version before deciding whether to book the wife's car in specifically for the update (it's obviously a year until I need to get her car in for a service) as if there are improvements, I'll not wait the year to get the BMS updated.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Thanks JodyS21 - you and Septian seem to be up to speed with these updates, which is a relief!

I'll be interested to see if there are any differences with Septian's car once he has his BMS updated to the latest version before deciding whether to book the wife's car in specifically for the update (it's obviously a year until I need to get her car in for a service) as if there are improvements, I'll not wait the year to get the BMS updated.

Cheers

Bloggsy
I'll be doing a full charge/balance and another upload of stats once I get the update (or maybe updates... who knows, hehe) :)

First time using the app with car fully charged and balanced. 👍🏻

B7BF0CEC-E73E-43CF-B31A-E404C4B4F0D2.jpeg

First time using the app with car fully charged and balanced. 👍🏻

View attachment 2442
Thanks, I've added your data in my spreadsheet.

Compared to others data, I'm a bit surprised to see your SoC % not very slightly higher actually - given your great total voltage and high Cell max volt. Your temp is much higher than from all the UK cars data of course!

Thanks.
I just looked at your screen shots again, your voltage on the previous screen was actually 449.75 with 0.0Amps.
Could you grab the data again after your next full charge & balance.
Your balance is pretty quick now then.
Data from latest full charge and balancing 3 weeks after the last one. It took 4 hours to balance now. Last balance was 90 minutes.
Does February BMS reduce balancing time?
Just to fill up missing details.
Volts fluctuates between 449.5 and 449.75
Comfort 2 update was done at the time of 1st service in January 2021.
Doesn't charge unlocked.
Delayed charging works
SOH 100
GOM N3 163 after reset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-080328_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-080328_ZS EV.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20210328-080341_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-080341_ZS EV.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20210328-080354_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-080354_ZS EV.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 183
Hi
Not sure if you are still taking these, full charge and balance, not sure which BMS I have?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210330_194326_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330_194326_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20210330_194311_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330_194311_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20210330_194301_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330_194301_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 144
Hi
Not sure if you are still taking these, full charge and balance, not sure which BMS I have?
That is the June BMS which has issue of long equalisation times but otherwise is good.
Your numbers and voltage all look good , no imbalance.

That is the June BMS which has issue of long equalisation times but otherwise is good.
Your numbers and voltage all look good , no imbalance.
Strange mine was Delivered in Mid. December and confirmed all updates had been applied when car had its PDI, wonder if they were told to leave it alone

Strange mine was Delivered in Mid. December and confirmed all updates had been applied when car had its PDI, wonder if they were told to leave it alone
Yeah it's done by the factory, most the dealers do squat all, they just say it to please the buyer.

But in this case it's probably a good thing otherwise you would have ended upon on the withdrawn BMS. It was withdrawn late December.

My wife got her car 2 weeks ago and it's got the same BMS. The dealer also said it had the latest updates and they had confirmed with MG that it didn't require anything.

Septian has also got this BMS but he's going to put his car in for some work to be done and he's going to get his BMS upgraded at the same time, so I'm waiting to see if there's much difference before deciding whether to take the wife's car back for the update.

I see you're in West Lothian - did you get your car from Frasers at Falkirk?

Cheers

Bloggsy

My wife got her car 2 weeks ago and it's got the same BMS. The dealer also said it had the latest updates and they had confirmed with MG that it didn't require anything.

Septian has also got this BMS but he's going to put his car in for some work to be done and he's going to get his BMS upgraded at the same time, so I'm waiting to see if there's much difference before deciding whether to take the wife's car back for the update.

I see you're in West Lothian - did you get your car from Frasers at Falkirk?

Cheers

Bloggsy
Yes I did, it's going in on the 16th of April due to the rear window washer not working and the passenger mirror not folding intermittently, please keep me up to date if possible.

Yes I did, it's going in on the 16th of April due to the rear window washer not working and the passenger mirror not folding intermittently, please keep me up to date if possible.

Are you going to get them to update your BMS? I spoke to them when I noticed we had the June issue and not the latest BMS (Feb 2021) and I've said I'll monitor the battery balancing issue just now but they did say they would update the BMS if I wanted it.

Others have posted that when they take their cars in for their first service, they'll get the BMS updated then, rather than take the car specifically to the dealers and that will give me enough time to see whether the Feb update is any good.

Cheers

Colin

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom