ECU Module version spreadsheet

Yep that's them, they only seemed to be on cars that were got earlier on.
I'll have a look at labels on car tomorrow to see if I can find date of manufacture. Have a feeling it might have been older as 7 year warranty label was faded from red to white in rear window. Also dealer was very keen to beat a carwow deal and let me have it for £20,995. Seemed he wanted to reach December sales target and gave me all the accessories I asked for inc type 2 cable.

I'll have a look at labels on car tomorrow to see if I can find date of manufacture. Have a feeling it might have been older as 7 year warranty label was faded from red to white in rear window. Also dealer was very keen to beat a carwow deal and let me have it for £20,995. Seemed he wanted to reach December sales target and gave me all the accessories I asked for inc type 2 cable.
That would explain it

Car was in the dealers all day today for software updates, and fixing the satnav. Well was informed that all my software is up to date and if I want to charge on AC unlocked I need to pay to have CF2 installed. Informed them that CF2 is installed! They will raise a ticket with MG. Satnav also trashed and a ticket raised with MG. So got the oldest BMS but it is up to date, go figure 🤔

Here is my data, bought the car in February 2021 in Singapore

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-18-18-07-30-061_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-18-18-07-30-061_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.png
    407.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot_2021-03-18-20-29-42-862_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-18-20-29-42-862_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 149
I have the lowest SOH so far, at 99.12%. It also has 64mV of battery imbalance and I don't appear to be able to get below this despite repeated rebalancing. However the range is good and I always measure between 40Kwh - 41Kwh when I recharge (range from 100% to 25% divided by the m/Kwh divided by 0.75). The car was purchased in Jan 2020, has the original BMS, has done 13,400 miles, been on Rapid chargers about 35 times and the rest of the time it goes between 30% and 80% charge. Comfort 2 was done in July 2020, and the HV fuse in Dec 2020. The C2 update ruined the GOM so now it shows 196 miles when fully charged in N3 with all trip counters reset. Turn the HVAC on and the range shows a sensible 167 miles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319-063541_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-063541_ZS EV.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 20210319_130618.jpg
    20210319_130618.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20210319-130503_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-130503_ZS EV.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20210319-063532_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-063532_ZS EV.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20210319-130454_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-130454_ZS EV.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 156
@WilsonPranoto Added your data to the spreadsheet... you have a NEW BMS 0823600P09 !!!
It's got to be something to do with your car being from Singapore I assume.
Based on your EVCC / DCDC / TC versions, it would appear that your car is a very early one, as it shares versions of those that are generally found on very early cars.

@rpannell Added your data to the spreadsheet.
That is Very weird about your GOM, it sounds like maybe they should do a full update/reconfigure of your software - it is not uncommon (and easy) for mistakes to be done by the technician when updating.
Have you got the fancy graphics when you select mode / kers?
Did they update your car so that you can AC charge unlocked and are able to do a timed charge? I'd have thought they'd of done this when it was in for comfort 2 but am surprised the BMS wasn't updated then.

@JodyS21, I believe going by the name, the BMS software maybe from August 23rd 2020. It cannot charge unlocked and it has the graphic when changing mode, also there is no outside temperature displayed. Fully charged voltage is 455V. Went for my 1000km service yesterday and the dealer here said there is no update for software. Curious what is the difference between the international and UK version besides here in Singapore there is no MG Pilot built in.

@WilsonPranoto Added your data to the spreadsheet... you have a NEW BMS 0823600P09 !!!
It's got to be something to do with your car being from Singapore I assume.
Based on your EVCC / DCDC / TC versions, it would appear that your car is a very early one, as it shares versions of those that are generally found on very early cars.

@rpannell Added your data to the spreadsheet.
That is Very weird about your GOM, it sounds like maybe they should do a full update/reconfigure of your software - it is not uncommon (and easy) for mistakes to be done by the technician when updating.
Have you got the fancy graphics when you select mode / kers?
Did they update your car so that you can AC charge unlocked and are able to do a timed charge? I'd have thought they'd of done this when it was in for comfort 2 but am surprised the BMS wasn't updated then.
Yes, the fancy car graphics when selecting mode. The car has to be locked for AC charging. Delayed charging off a Granny is fine but I have not tried an Ohme or other timed charges. I will push for a BMS update during the 2nd year service in December. It will be interesting then to see if the SOH miraculously goes back to 100%

@JodyS21, I believe going by the name, the BMS software maybe from August 23rd 2020. It cannot charge unlocked and it has the graphic when changing mode, also there is no outside temperature displayed. Fully charged voltage is 455V. Went for my 1000km service yesterday and the dealer here said there is no update for software. Curious what is the difference between the international and UK version besides here in Singapore there is no MG Pilot built in.
Oh I didn't realise you didn't have MG Pilot. I wonder if it is effectively on your car if it shares the same other software, but just not configured to be available.

I'm actually guessing that your 0823600P09 BMS is from 23rd August 2019 rather than 2020, as it shares the "600" part that those very early BMS had in their version name.
No charge unlocked/graphics/no temperature does also suggest it was a early production model.

I'm very surprised they're saying there aren't any software updates. At the very least I would expect them to offer the comfort 2 update - that may no the free.

Yes, the fancy car graphics when selecting mode. The car has to be locked for AC charging. Delayed charging off a Granny is fine but I have not tried an Ohme or other timed charges. I will push for a BMS update during the 2nd year service in December. It will be interesting then to see if the SOH miraculously goes back to 100%
I think they've probably messed up when the did the comfort 2 update and not applied all the updates correctly at that time.

If you say to them explicitly that you cannot charge on AC unlocked and you have the comfort 2 pack, maybe just say you can't do a timed charge properly, they should end up then (re)updating everything properly - maybe via MG technical looking into it.

I'm not too sure about your SOH, maybe it is right, 13,000 miles maybe more than other people have done so far and that's why you hold the title of record lowest SOH so far!

I got my wife's ZS EV last Friday (3 days ago now - for those of you reading this in the 'future'!) so how do I get my ECU Module version, please?

Cheers

Bloggsy

I got my wife's ZS EV last Friday (3 days ago now - for those of you reading this in the 'future'!) so how do I get my ECU Module version, please?

Cheers

Bloggsy
Buy a £15 obd2 dongle, use the android app that's been knocked up by a very helpful person :)

Buy a £15 obd2 dongle, use the android app that's been knocked up by a very helpful person :)

Thanks JodyS21 - I have 2 dangles which I've used over the years on previous cars so I downloaded and ran the software and got all the data. Here's the screenshots:

Attachments

• IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 130
Forgot to say that, checking the BMS, I seem to have the one released in June last year when we only got the car 3 days ago - WTF!! :mad:

I've just sent an email to my dealer and asked for the car to be updated to the latest BMS. I'll let you know what he says!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Forgot to say that, checking the BMS, I seem to have the one released in June last year when we only got the car 3 days ago - WTF!! :mad:

I've just sent an email to my dealer and asked for the car to be updated to the latest BMS. I'll let you know what he says!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Yeah, It looks like you've got the "slightly dodgy" BMS version that I and several others have, overall it's fine It just takes a LOOONG time to equalise at the tail end of charging.

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of! Very annoyed as I had spoken to the dealer and asked for a check to be made and he reassured me it had come straight from MG with the latest updates! Lying toe-rag 🤬

No doubt he'll make up some excuse but I had hoped it would all have been done before we picked up the car. I suppose, it could've been worse - at least it's only 'slightly' dodgy! 😆

Cheers

Bloggsy

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of! Very annoyed as I had spoken to the dealer and asked for a check to be made and he reassured me it had come straight from MG with the latest updates! Lying toe-rag 🤬

No doubt he'll make up some excuse but I had hoped it would all have been done before we picked up the car. I suppose, it could've been worse - at least it's only 'slightly' dodgy! 😆

Cheers

Bloggsy
Yeah, it could have been much worse, haha. I generally tend to find that about 2 out of 3 dealers have no idea what they are talking about. At least that is the case with me.. Literally 2 out of the 3 dealers around me have no idea :D

So, the dealer's replied saying he's checked directly with MG and they're not advising to update the BMS! He knows about the October BMS release that's causing problems but he says that my car is 'up to date'.

We've agreed that I will monitor the range and if it begins to drop, we'll get it booked in for the update to the latest version.

I was holding off using any rapid charging but, we'll just use it as we would 'normally' do and I'll keep a close eye on the battery cell min and max's.

Septian - have you got your BMS updated or are you still using the same BMS as me?

Cheers

Bloggsy

So, the dealer's replied saying he's checked directly with MG and they're not advising to update the BMS! He knows about the October BMS release that's causing problems but he says that my car is 'up to date'.

We've agreed that I will monitor the range and if it begins to drop, we'll get it booked in for the update to the latest version.

I was holding off using any rapid charging but, we'll just use it as we would 'normally' do and I'll keep a close eye on the battery cell min and max's.

Septian - have you got your BMS updated or are you still using the same BMS as me?

Cheers

Bloggsy
Still using the same as you mate, Its been fine, just takes ages to balance out after a charge on the home charger is all, I've got it booked in middle of April to have it updated and an unrelated issue of "clicky steering wheel" to be looked at. The garage I'm taking it to know their stuff as they have 2 guys who work on the EV's constantly, I just told them about the balancing time and they're going to update it for me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom