EV opposition in the media is ramping up

I just let em get on with it telling me how much money I've lost, my battery will ve dead in 7 years which will write the car off etc. If it keeps em happy with their smug grins thats good for me, less EV's on the road = more chargers available.

I also ask them:-

I am thinking of replacing my electric car with a petrol car and have some questions.
1. I have heard that petrol cars can not refuel at home while you sleep? How often do you have to refill elsewhere? Is this several times a year? Will there be a solution for refueling at home?
2. Which parts will I need service on and how often? The car salesman mentioned a box with gears in it. What is this and will I receive a warning with an indicator when I need to change gear?
3. Can I accelerate and brake with one pedal as I do today with my electric car?
4. Do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill? I assume so, but need to ask to be sure.
5. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator pedal until it began to accelerate. Is that normal in petrol cars?
6. We currently pay about 1.2p per mile to drive our electric car. I have heard that petrol can cost up to 10 times as much so I reckon we will lose some money in the beginning. We drive about 20,000 miles a year. Let's hope more people will start using petrol so prices go down.
7. Is it true that petrol is flammable? Should I empty the tank and store the petrol somewhere else while the car is in the garage?
8. Is there an automatic system to prevent gasoline from catching fire or exploding in an accident. What does this cost?
9. I understand that the main ingredient in petrol is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil causes environmental problems as well as conflicts and major wars that over the last 100 years have cost millions of lives? Is there a solution to these problems?
10. I have heard that cars with internal combustion based engines are being banned to enter more and more cities around the world, as it is claimed that they tend to harm the environment and health of their citizens?? Is that true??
I may have more questions later, but these are the most important ones to me at the moment. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Great Post Sir John of B!!

The video was a great explanation as well , reallly enyoed watching it.

My Zed (weekend Car) averages approximately 28 pence per mile. My MG4 (with solar input and night tarrif) = circa 1 pence per mile. Work affords me £0.45 per mile for all business travel acrued. So for me, no brainer!

Getting sick of people ‘telling me’ that it must be a pain in the Aris owing an EV. I guess some just do not get it. And another poster posted (think was JohnB actually) the less take up of switching to EV = the more public chargers on offer to us lot (full disclosure: only charged three times on public, over the past 13 months :) )

Imagine a Star Wars type scene:

"In a boardroom, not too far away, Daft Insidious talks on Zoom".

"There is a disturbance in the force".

"Yes my master, I have felt the rise in popularity of the electric vehicle".

"You must publish more anti EV stories my young apprentice, the [OPEC] Empire is in peril".

"What will that do master?".

"The false [stories] has a strong influence on the weak minded. You must double your efforts".

"It shall be done my master".

:)

Did absolutely nobody, anybody in the Sun have any idea who Bjorn is ?
Effing brilliant!!

EV is utterly fantastic!! However, i feel for people who do not have driveways/off street parking.

It boils my pish, that some souls , do not have the funds/land, to be in a position to charge at night. Seems to me, that some are not able to get solar panels (costs prohibative) .

I hate the fact, that to save moneies, you have to spend monies!
ok….rant over :)

EV is utterly fantastic!! However, i feel for people who do not have driveways/off street parking.

It boils my pish, that some souls , do not have the funds/land, to be in a position to charge at night. Seems to me, that some are not able to get solar panels (costs prohibative) .

I hate the fact, that to save moneies, you have to spend monies!
ok….rant over :)
Agree, it's always the ones at the bottom who need the money-saying most who can't afford the money saving tech.

Last edited:
They caused Brexit, though. For sure you could call that the wrong side of history, because it was epic self-harm, but it happened nevertheless.
Why turn this into a political debate? It's an MG forum. I for one happen to disagree with you.

They caused Brexit, though. For sure you could call that the wrong side of history, because it was epic self-harm, but it happened nevertheless.
The epic self harm was allowing United Kingdom to be dragged into the EU, no vote was taken, the best thing we ever did was get out, sadly we took too long in doing it.

We VOTED to go in, our broken 1970's economy boomed, we left and our economy collapses.
Sorry about the thread drift here.

We did NOT vote to go into the EU, we voted to join the EEC which was a great idea and worked well. Then it drifted to become the EU with far greater powers and was definitely not what we'd signed up for.

The UK economy is doing way better than most of the EU, have a look:

UK economy compared to EU

Sorry about the thread drift here.

We did NOT vote to go into the EU, we voted to join the EEC which was a great idea and worked well. Then it drifted to become the EU with far greater powers and was definitely not what we'd signed up for.

The UK economy is doing way better than most of the EU, have a look:

UK economy compared to EU
Yeah, whatever … anyway back to cars 😉

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom