Deal Agreed Facelift MG ZS EV Long Range - Exclusive Forum Offer!

I think at the moment the used market price helps to lower ownership cost. I’ve had my ZS EV for nearly 6 months and it looks as if depreciation is £200! Tempted to trade up to the facelift model.
It looks like the high residuals are likely to stick around for a little while longer yet !.
I think Miles said that the value of his wife's ZS EV had increased by around £2,000 since he bought it ( second hand ) about 9 months ago.
It's a bit like playing the stock market at the moment.
Sell now or wait and hope the price increases even more !.
Who knows where this is all going to end up.
If the likes of WBAC / Cazoo / Motorway etc are all paying these higher numbers to BUY in the cars in the first place, then they need to increase that price, to make a profit.
Then people are willing to pay it of course !.
It really has gone totally bonkers at the moment and other countries are in a similar situation apparently.
Even the cheaper lower priced, high mileage used cars that pass through the actions sites in USA have seen a big jump in the prices paid.
If you don't pay it, somebody else will, it appears.
The bubble has to burst some time I guess, but not for while I think.

I think at the moment the used market price helps to lower ownership cost. I’ve had my ZS EV for nearly 6 months and it looks as if depreciation is £200! Tempted to trade up to the facelift model.
Not if you’re after an additional car rather than upgrading. New car price is way more expensive than it was say a year ago. If you bought new a year or so ago and are looking to sell it now, agree you’re in a good position, but if you’re looking to just buy new now (no px) and then swap in 36 months, if you pay a premium now you’ll loose out by more than normal in 36 months as I’m sure the bubble would have burst by then. It’s never ideal to buy at the peak of an artificially inflated market as you loose out by the deflation and the amount of the market realigning. Other options such as salary sacrifice or even subscriptions start to look much more attractive or just other makes / models that still do attract NHS discount. Wife just needs a car to get to work, she’s not to fussed what it is although does want an EV.

Miles where do we find the specifications of the different trim levels please

Not if you’re after an additional car rather than upgrading. New car price is way more expensive than it was say a year ago. If you bought new a year or so ago and are looking to sell it now, agree you’re in a good position, but if you’re looking to just buy new now (no px) and then swap in 36 months, if you pay a premium now you’ll loose out by more than normal in 36 months as I’m sure the bubble would have burst by then. It’s never ideal to buy at the peak of an artificially inflated market as you loose out by the deflation and the amount of the market realigning. Other options such as salary sacrifice or even subscriptions start to look much more attractive or just other makes / models that still do attract NHS discount. Wife just needs a car to get to work, she’s not to fussed what it is although does want an EV.
Well I guess you just can't have what you want at the price you want. I too would like to buy a car at the price I want to pay with all the spec I want in it, but that ain't how it works.
If your wife isn't fussed then get one that is on the affinity scheme.
Oh and the pedant in me needs to mention it's lose, not loose.

I have just been working out logistics to get to Chorley from South Wales. 🤔
Either M40/M50/M5/M6, or A483 to Wrexham, then M56 from Chester to M6?

Looks like 2 short stops on way up (or 1 long stop and a twitchy bum), and then back in one fell swoop

Well I guess you just can't have what you want at the price you want. I too would like to buy a car at the price I want to pay with all the spec I want in it, but that ain't how it works.
If your wife isn't fussed then get one that is on the affinity scheme.
Oh and the pedant in me needs to mention it's lose, not loose.
Great thanks for the spelling lesson, was always better at maths than English. :) It's not even a case of what she wants to pay or what spec she wants, it's more what she can or can't afford to pay tbh. She just wants a reasonably priced, safe car / SUV (for kids) and often gets reasonable deals through the NHS which makes her poultry salary go further and kind of says thanks for the past 2 years. Doing the maths if she went for this I'd estimate it will cost her ~£100/pm more than her current EV which she has to hand back in Dec. If it wasn’t a lease which must go back, she’d happily just keep it longer, but guess she'll be catching the bus for work, school runs and uni in Jan. :confused:

Great thanks for the spelling lesson, was always better at maths than English. :) It's not even a case of what she wants to pay or what spec she wants, it's more what she can or can't afford to pay tbh. She just wants a reasonably priced, safe car / SUV (for kids) and often gets reasonable deals through the NHS which makes her poultry salary go further and kind of says thanks for the past 2 years. Doing the maths if she went for this I'd estimate it will cost her ~£100/pm more than her current EV which she has to hand back in Dec. If it wasn’t a lease which must go back, she’d happily just keep it longer, but guess she'll be catching the bus for work, school runs and uni in Jan. :confused:
My wife is actually switching from her privately owned ZS EV to an NHS Leasing salary sacrifice car from December, as it was ridiculously cheaper than running her own car. I see they have various EVs available for delivery in December, including several SUV style options.

...... She just wants a reasonably priced, safe car / SUV (for kids) and often gets reasonable deals through the NHS w..., but guess she'll be catching the bus for work, school runs and uni in Jan. :confused:
The 5 is a safe car and reasonably priced and can use the Affinity deal.

My wife is actually switching from her privately owned ZS EV to an NHS Leasing salary sacrifice car from December, as it was ridiculously cheaper than running her own car. I see they have various EVs available for delivery in December, including several SUV style options.
Really appreciate the heads up, she hardly ever searches her Intranet as never get time for a sandwich let alone look at things like that. I just find things for her that I can see on the internet or on bluelight, but think the SS scheme is internally accessed only so will give her a shout now and see what she can see. I did read that it can adversely affect her pension contributions sometimes making it not worth it if on lower tax band, did you look into that side?

Really appreciate the heads up, she hardly ever searches her Intranet as never get time for a sandwich let alone look at things like that. I just find things for her that I can see on the internet or on bluelight, but think the SS scheme is internally accessed only so will give her a shout now and see what she can see. I did read that it can adversely affect her pension contributions sometimes making it not worth it if on lower tax band, did you look into that side?
She's getting a 400bhp Volvo XC40 P8 for £312 a month, fully insured and maintained. I'll worry about the pension in a few years :ROFLMAO:

Tried to book a test drive in the long range facelift ZS ev with my local dealer here in Nottingham to be told that one will not be available until early December!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom