Did a 900mile round trip from Scotland to Wiltshire and pooteld around for a week, used various networks including gridserve. Can't say I really had any problems, Gridserve was notably for how reliable it was actually. Whenever was using Motorway I never felt the urge to leave to find a charger. Geniepoint on the other hand never worked of the three different Morrisons I visited that week.

Instavolt, Ionity, Gridserve, Osprey, Charge Place Scotland. All worked fine

The edit I've made. ;)

(It's a play on words/car models ... the MG4 and Cupra Born are cars in the same market segment). :)

Good news from here. I drove to a motorway service station because I wanted to be absolutely sure I had no CCS charging issues before driving to the south coast in about ten days. Straight on to a Gridserve, no issues at all, first time of asking.

I then tried the Applegreen chargers across the way, and had a fair bit of trouble, but the trouble was the card readers that were being very temperamental. Other drivers were having similar trouble, but everyone managed to get on one way or another, and sometimes a charger that hadn't worked for one person would work for another. Once the damn thing had decided it was happy with the colour of my plastic it charged the car without any fuss. And despite all the faffing around and multiple card presentations, the only debit in my bank account is for the charge I actually got. No phantom "authorisation charges".

My nearest fast chargers are the Gridserve ones at Pease Pottage on the M23. I decided to make a plan such that if I ever found myself needing to make an unexpectedly long journey I could go the 7 miles to there, top up and quickly be on my...

Has anyone else successfully managed to use Pease Pottage Gridserve?

Just charged up at Grantham again - they're Gridserve, not Ionity. Not sure why I thought they were. In fact the units look identical but this time I had no problems charging at 135kW.

So is it just Pease Pottage or just me?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel