Farewell MG4 Trophy

With respect, I have not read it wrong. Guru has been hell bent on correcting people since he/ it/ them/ her, first started posting.

Normal people do not feel the need to pick fault with such information posted by random members, at any given opportunity. Guru knows what it’s doing.
Are any of us truly normal? It takes all sorts. I find guru's contributions overwhelmingly helpful.
I normally value your opinion Tsedge, but I respectfully disagree with you on this subject.
Thank you. Happy to disagree.

Boys, boys..

I'm very happy with my MG4 if far less so with my local MG dealer: other posts by me here if interested..

My car was bricked back on June 15th which I resolved myself (battery disconnect route and a trickle charger) but when I took my car in as the 12v voltage declined they gave me September 4th as a service date! Tomorrow I should get the DVLA recall locking functionality sorted and some other softwate updates. No sign of the new gearbox breather on the work sheet, and although it doesn't seem to be leaking after earlier intervention I want to be sure they haven't just lowered the gearbox oil level..

Last week I pointed out that I'm coming up at the end of the month to my 1st year service and could they add that. Oh no, said service reception.. Tomorrow morning I hope to speak to a mechanic and not the utterly useless, unempathic and passive service reception..

You need to take a chill pill Harry. I was genuinely confused by kW/hr - it's not something I'd seen before so I was clarifying in case I was misinterpreting something.

And @PristDean took my other post in the manner it was intended - there was no need for you to stick your oar in. (You have history for this - and you had been absent from here for quite some time - why?)

The best and most entertaining one for me was in relation to a warped under tray and excessively noisy air con, word for word from the excellent Mr Smart:

"The noise you describe is a characteristic of this model and would have been present during your test drive. It would also be demonstrated in any side by side test offered by your retailer.
MG Motor UK Ltd. are happy that the undertray is fit for purpose and would be visible on any MG4 vehicle on the market. I have already explained that MG Motor UK Ltd. have reviewed this and are happy that there is no detrimental effect on drive and performance.
There is certainly no material defect involved."

Still makes me laugh to this day.:ROFLMAO:
I hope you may one day have Mr Smart leave his post either voluntarily or otherwise, but please do not send him to Europe or France , I think we may have similar clones in place here already. You can take his well chosen words in many ways , Do all MG4s have noisy air con and warped undertrays , in which case is he saying they were designed this way and that the quiet ones and well fitted undertrays are a misrepresentation of the vehicle. There might be no (material ) defect but there certainly is a long standing manufacturing defect which is absolutely a quality issue, and one which is not found on other marques vehicles no matter what price point. I drove my brand new car 35 kms from the dealers back home. The last 200m are up a track with plants growing between the wheel tracks. I knew I had a slightly warped u-tray and had plans to immediately remedy the fault. On inspection I found a pile of seeds had lodged them selves in the unintended scoops and beyond, was this what MG had in mind when advertising the green credentials of this car , next time it rains I,ll be sprouting all sorts. Now, I,ve got Morrisey on the sound system but I do not want the car waving bunches of daffodils from its backside. So would that be classed as fit for purpose?

I hope you may one day have Mr Smart leave his post either voluntarily or otherwise, but please do not send him to Europe or France , I think we may have similar clones in place here already. You can take his well chosen words in many ways , Do all MG4s have noisy air con and warped undertrays , in which case is he saying they were designed this way and that the quiet ones and well fitted undertrays are a misrepresentation of the vehicle. There might be no (material ) defect but there certainly is a long standing manufacturing defect which is absolutely a quality issue, and one which is not found on other marques vehicles no matter what price point. I drove my brand new car 35 kms from the dealers back home. The last 200m are up a track with plants growing between the wheel tracks. I knew I had a slightly warped u-tray and had plans to immediately remedy the fault. On inspection I found a pile of seeds had lodged them selves in the unintended scoops and beyond, was this what MG had in mind when advertising the green credentials of this car , next time it rains I,ll be sprouting all sorts. Now, I,ve got Morrisey on the sound system but I do not want the car waving bunches of daffodils from its backside. So would that be classed as fit for purpose?
Brilliant post :ROFLMAO:

I was genuinely confused by kW/hr - it's not something I'd seen before so I was clarifying in case I was misinterpreting something.
Well now, I have channelled my inner siteguru and put on my guru regalia and created a post to help anyone who might need help with EV units.

Well now, I have channelled my inner siteguru and put on my guru regalia and created a post to help anyone who might need help with EV units.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 43
The banter 😮🫢😆 and 🥮 👜 (bun) fights on this forum are a sight to behold for sure. All good stuff in the end, love it. Keep it up 'boys & girls' .... i'll get my tin hat on 🪖😆
You keep up the good work moaning about MG and you will earn an invite to the greeting face, nothing in our lives, chips on our shoulders clique😉

Last edited:
I hope you may one day have Mr Smart leave his post either voluntarily or otherwise, but please do not send him to Europe or France , I think we may have similar clones in place here already.
Well theres no chance he would find a home here in Spain as they don't have a customer service department, they just ignore you, as they don't bother to reply to any customer service emails.

Last edited:
Well there's no chance he would find a home here in Spain as they don't have a customer service department, they just ignore you, as they don't bother to reply to any customer service emails.
In that case Spain would suit him down to the ground. He could just sit there repairing his model MGs that keep falling apart and saying "wibble" to any question.

In that case Spain would suit him down to the ground. He could just sit there repairing his model MGs that keep falling apart and saying "wibble" to any question.
Realistic models then👍

The star button on the right is best set to control the temperature and fan speed. Lots of reviewers saying you have to fiddle with the central screen to do that, but that's not true, the joystick button works fine. And by the way, apart from having to subtract five from the temperature, I have nothing but praise for the HVAC. Always gets me a comfortable temperature without blasting me with hot or cold air. I think CrawfyP's had a fault.

You can also change the sound system volume and change radio station or audo track with that joystick, and it will also let you flip between dashboard screens to see things like tyre pressure.

The buttons on the left can control the ACC, speed and how close you want to be to the car in front. Also something else I haven't figured out yet, and turn on voice commands (for Android Auto in my case).
The voice command button works well with Car Play for music and navigation. Is it possible to use it to control AC, windows or radio when not in CarPlay?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back