First service - experience of charges out there

I've just had a quote from my local Glynn Hopkins for:

A - 1st service £182.40
B - Carry out brake service and retorqued wheel nuts £69.99

Anyone else seen the brake service part on theirs? Needless to say I'm going elsewhere.

Shop arround, call other MG agents.
My first svc was £83 at over 15,000 miles
Brake svc - why?? that's just blatant opportunism

Brings new meaning to the term MAIN STEALER

A thread revival / update for anyone local (West/Central Scotland)

I popped into Arnold Clark MG Linwood for a price for the 1st service yesterday.
7k miles on the car.
£125 inc vat and AA will renew as well.

A quick call to McMillan MG in Greenock,
£75 inc vat and AA renewal as well.
Booked in lol!!

Paul.

Just booked my Mk1 Trophy in for this Friday at Gallagher's of Sandycroft.
Only done 9k to date, so they offered me the "mini" service for £68 (y)

They say they won't know which updates it needs until they hook the car up to their systems.

Just booked my Mk1 Trophy in for this Friday at Gallagher's of Sandycroft.
Only done 9k to date, so they offered me the "mini" service for £68 (y)

They say they won't know which updates it needs until they hook the car up to their systems.
I thought the idea of having the vehicle details on line was that they could check this type of detail 🤔😁

I thought the idea of having the vehicle details on line was that they could check this type of detail 🤔😁
tenor.gif

I think they connect the diagnostic computer that reads the VIN number from the car, then it informs of what updates are available from the server in China !.
So both items are required / car and computer.
The VINs just zeros and ones and could be entered in any form, I'd guess they just integrate the car and see what's available that day😁

A thread revival / update for anyone local (West/Central Scotland)

I popped into Arnold Clark MG Linwood for a price for the 1st service yesterday.
7k miles on the car.
£125 inc vat and AA will renew as well.

A quick call to McMillan MG in Greenock,
£75 inc vat and AA renewal as well.
Booked in lol!!

Paul.
Arnold Clark Linwood tried to sell me a service plan for £400/year!!! Oh how I laughed. Then went online and bought 3 year plan via MG website for about same price.

Strange - when I bought my car I took out the AC service plan (3 years plus first MOT) for £399 all in.

FYI ... MG have just updated their diagnostic systems for 2024, and switched off the 2023 interface. Unfortunately the 2024 software isn't working properly so cars can't be scanned, and they can't revert to the 2023 software because it has nothing to connect to. 🤦‍♂️

I have just booked my mg4 for its first service with Drive MG in Patchway Bristol. The quoted price is £62.01. Unfortunately you would have to pay for a hire car due to the insurance. And they would charge to collect and return it.
And they recommend all sorts of optional extras like HVAC cleaning.
So just going for the service which is not too expensive at all.

Just had mine done with them a week ago as part of the service plan. Quoted cost would have been 70 something. Does that price include VAT?

Just looked at the online service plan - 1st year service quoted at £97 something or other, with a whole £1 of that for parts. Ridiculous really. Just shows there is almost no reason for that service at all.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 541 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back