Fitted mud flaps

boomish

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Fitted some Mud flaps from AliExpress yesterday & doing our first long drive in our new(ish) MG5 today, where there are reports of a lot of rain expected on route. I bit fiddly to fit at first but very pleased once I worked out to replace the existing bolt with a new screw, which are a nice black Japan quality. Came with stickers of MG rather than printed on which was a bit disappointing but in the end we didn’t put them on as wasn’t sure about the look.
IMG_5291.jpeg
IMG_5290.jpeg
IMG_5289.jpeg
IMG_5288.jpeg

£17.55 inc postage from here
TONLINKER Car Mudguard For MG5 Electric MG 5 EV 2022 2023 Mudguards Splash Guards Fender Mudflaps Accessories

They should help protect the paintwork from splash damage.

Not only that they make the car look so much better, especially looking at the back of the car.

Fitted the same ones to my pre-FL about 6 months ago and they really help to reduce the amount of mud etc. down the sides of the car, stops most stones & tar from hitting the paintwork and they enhance the look of the car too.
Good choice.
ps, didn't apply the stickers either.

Just fitted the mud flaps to my HS. To be honest, I went to my local garage where it was possile to put the car on the lift and remove all the wheels at the same time. We replaced the screws that came with the kit and fitted square retaining clips behiond the new screws to make them more secure. Good fit and recommended.

Just fitted the mud flaps to my HS. To be honest, I went to my local garage where it was possile to put the car on the lift and remove all the wheels at the same time. We replaced the screws that came with the kit and fitted square retaining clips behiond the new screws to make them more secure. Good fit and recommended.
That’s a great idea, I’ll have to add that on my to do list.

Mine are coming off. Looks like the screw fell away. Which replacement screw will fit? Any suggestions please.
This is what I used -
The screw for the sunken part of the front mudflap used was a No 10/4.8mm self tapping screw with length approx 1.25 inches. - you could get a slightly longer length if needed.

I found these on eBay when I was looking, you can just buy 2 :) (1 of pack quantity 2)

Originally posted in thread

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom