MG4 Mudflaps

Jester that is great and many thanks to you placing an order tonight it was just that I didn’t want to be having to drill holes to fit them but from what you have explained and showed in your pictures they is no need to drill anything can you tell if they have made much difference as yet ? I’m sure it must help.
Les

Jester that is great and many thanks to you placing an order tonight it was just that I didn’t want to be having to drill holes to fit them but from what you have explained and showed in your pictures they is no need to drill anything can you tell if they have made much difference as yet ? I’m sure it must help.
Les
It peed down all the way home this morning after my night shift.
Definitely a bit of water on the sills as I would expect anyway.
But still no dirt at all, it's just clean water.
So fingers crossed they're helping a bit

Great post and really appreciate the details of fit and outcome. Ended up buying these, and car mats, and then sill protectors, then 'trunk mat' and finally screen protectors.. Cheers :(

All I need is my MG 4.. due last week but 'a couple of weeks away'..
Sounds like you could go through the parts bin and build your own.

Mine arrived today - much quicker than I expected. As per the OP there are front and rear pairs, spare screws and fixing tool, plus the headrest cost hanger. :)

Just need the car now 😂

@Jester27 did you remove/are you removing the mudflaps prior to returning your car? (I think you've said you're rejecting the car, unless I've confused you with someone else).

Mine arrived today - much quicker than I expected. As per the OP there are front and rear pairs, spare screws and fixing tool, plus the headrest cost hanger. :)

Just need the car now 😂

@Jester27 did you remove/are you removing the mudflaps prior to returning your car? (I think you've said you're rejecting the car, unless I've confused you with someone else).
Yes I'll be removing them.
Will have few bits available
My bloody mats are on their way too 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just had my mudflaps, trunk bumper protector, carbon fibre sill tape and screen protectors delivered. More to come. Literally coincided with the call from my dealer to say car arriving Monday and subject to PDI (assured me oil leak/undertray and any other issues will be checked for) can collect Tues/Wed. May have the seat and boot covers by then too.
Still cautiously optimistic that MG will resolve everything 🤞

Just had my mudflaps delivered and fitted perfect. Slightly cheaper £16.30 and delivered in 16 days. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005004836322580.html
Very similar to the ones I bought for my SUV some time back but they do not stop mud from flying up the door sils as they are not wide enough in my case anyway.....fit and look good though.
However in the MG4 the front ones should stop mud or whatever hitting the higher protruding part of the door sil which is the more important section to prevent getting your legs or clothes dirty when alighting. ;)

Received the same mudflaps, rear fitted easily, but the front ones, top button came out eventually.
Agreed, you do need to refit the button rather than screws, but its too sloppy, a screw will not go in there as the hole is to big.
Requested a refund.
Wondering if there is anywhere where you can get these button clips and then force apart with a screw like wallplugs?

Received the same mudflaps, rear fitted easily, but the front ones, top button came out eventually.
Agreed, you do need to refit the button rather than screws, but its too sloppy, a screw will not go in there as the hole is to big.
Requested a refund.
Wondering if there is anywhere where you can get these button clips and then force apart with a screw like wallplugs?
Clips/buttons of different sizes are available online. Obviously not ideal having to buy something you shouldn't have to but perhaps worth a shot?

Requested a refund.
I bought a box of these from Amazon for another job

Requested a refund.
I managed to refit the button but they did send a bag with spare buttons with my mudflaps. Didn't need them so don't know if they would
fit.

My delivery only came with screws, no plugs at all, when I tried to refit the old plug it felt way to sloppy and light pressure on the mudflaps and it started coming away. I'll try and find something on amazon or ebay that will be be a tighter fit plug. They do look good though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back