MG4 Mudflaps

I've picked up some of these mudguards and they look nicely made and look like a good fit.

I was wondering if anyone who has had them fitted for a while had any issues with the paint getting scratched / marked where it's in contact with the mudflap?

I'm tempted to use some of that paint protection tape on the places where it's in contact, I do have some somewhere, but finding it is half the battle!

Black insulation tape trimmed and stuck to the mudflap should do the same job
Thanks, that's a nice workaround. I was mainly worried about grit getting trapped between the flap and paint, but if I give it a good clean before installing then that should be a good start.

Black insulation tape trimmed and stuck to the mudflap should do the same job
Good idea, but the issue would still be if dirt got in between, it would scrape the paint. The tape needs to be stuck onto the car to reduce the risk of this happening. If it’s stuck on the mudflap, it just gives something else for dirt and grit to cling to.

Good idea, but the issue would still be if dirt got in between, it would scrape the paint. The tape needs to be stuck onto the car to reduce the risk of this happening. If it’s stuck on the mudflap, it just gives something else for dirt and grit to cling to.
Sorry I got the wrong end of stick. I thought he was trying to stop the mudflap damaging the paint.

Give them a good cover of silicon sealant before fixing, that should keep crappie out.

I've just fitted some mud guards but I'm not a mechanic and I broke the button fixings at the front wheels 😱. Have ordered a set of generic ones from Amazon, just hope they fit ok 🤞

The set I bought from AliExpress I'm sure came with a spare pair of buttons (not that I needed to use them).

The set I bought from AliExpress I'm sure came with a spare pair of buttons (not that I needed to use them).
If you still have them we could do a deal?
Got the mud flaps on Amazon. Came with some screws but they were shorter than the ones in the car so just reused those. Didn't come with spare buttons sadly.

Last edited:
If you still have them we could do a deal?
Got the mud flaps on Amazon. Came with some screws but they were shorter than the ones in the car so just refused those. Didn't come with spare buttons sadly.
You just use the existing screws and push fittings on the new mudflaps, they fit fine

I've just fitted some mud guards but I'm not a mechanic and I broke the button fixings at the front wheels 😱. Have ordered a set of generic ones from Amazon, just hope they fit ok 🤞
I bet you forgot to pop the centre out first. The generic ones will be OK just match the diameter but a mm shorter or longer should still work.

I just ordered a 4, does it really need flaps, do they make a big difference ?
The reason I ask is that the sills look fairly flat and deep as does the rear bumper behind the wheel.

Yep...mud flaps from any third party seller for any car these days are mainly for cosmetic reasons but they do help as indicated.
To really stop mud etc. from flying up the side of the vehicle they would need to be much wider and longer like you see on some 4WD vehicles and certainly would look downright ugly on an MG4 or most hatches/sedans. :cautious:

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel