Four way indicators randomly flashing

Maybe that's the key, it could be the rear cross traffic alert.

Traffic merging from the next lane into our lane, while we are slowing to stop.
Quite certainly it must be an element of this system. I'm just wondering why it doesn't show anything in the display like "cross traffic detected". In the current way it is only noticeable to other drivers.

The MG4 always leaves you puzzled if it's an undocumented feature or just another bug. 😁

I had this yesterday when I was heavily braking due to a car in front stopping without warning, Might well have happened on other occasions but I noticed it yesterday for the first time.

It could have been either my heavy braking or the car behind who was approaching fast and also needed to stop suddenly.

Happened to me twice today within a few mins. Was in traffic near Brighton. I saw both door mirrors suddenly start to almost flicker. Only thing I could think of was I saw a motorbike coming up nl behind and then they veered off to a left filter lane (I was waiting to go ahead) and then I think a car did the same, maybe because they came out from a petrol station that's on the right and also went around the back of me. As others say, this sounds like rear collision warning.

I've noticed this quite a few times. I think it might be when it thinks someone is going to crash into you. I've seen it reflected off the car in front when I've been stationary in traffic, but a car comes past in the lane beside me. I wonder/worry what the other drivers think "I'm" trying to say by flashing them.

I have noticed this, the wingmirrors flash (and I see the indicators/hazards flash in reflections on the car in front) when cars are passing you on the left. I noticed first when I was queuing stationary in a right hand turn lane and fast moving traffic to my left.

It's a warning to you that you're about to be undertaken at speed I reckon.

As others have said, it's a Rear Collision warning - so if someone approaches too fast from behind, the hazards will flash three times to warn the following driver. You can help them by anticipating the traffic in front of you and not slamming on the brakes :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I get the concept to warn the driver to pay attention, my concern is the false positives and people behind me thinking 'What the hell's his problem?' like I'm doing it haha. Also, that for the people overtaking, you've just decided to indicate and pull out.

Happened twice on the school run this morning.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back