Got a new quirky fault !

Deleted member 14300

Reaction score
A while a go I mentioned the programming of the left button where it forgot it's function with 2 mins of using it.
That's not returned since a reprogram of it to Drive mode selection.

I was quite surprised yesterday when I turned the volume up on the radio, with the rh steering wheel joystick control, and it decided to adjust itself to full volume. I adjusted it down to where I wanted it, and back it went up, repeatedly. If yours does this, hold the Home button down to reset it.

If mine does that I just hold volume Up for a couple of seconds and then tap volume back down. (Vice versa if volume has scrolled to minimum). ;) To avoid this happening, only tap up/down the volume - if you hold up/down then that's what makes it scroll to max/min.

I commented on this in my 1100R33 thread. :)

Must admit I discovered one today (never noticed it before)- intermittent wiper speed, it went faster when moving, but at less than 1-2mph in the car, the period between sweep wipes increased - really useful in the rain today - sadly after stopping I couldn't replicate it again!

Must admit I discovered one today (never noticed it before)- intermittent wiper speed, it went faster when moving, but at less than 1-2mph in the car, the period between sweep wipes increased - really useful in the rain today - sadly after stopping I couldn't replicate it again!
I haven't been well so had 6 weeks kinda out.

A while a go I mentioned the programming of the left button where it forgot it's function with 2 mins of using it.
That's not returned since a reprogram of it to Drive mode selection.

I was quite surprised yesterday when I turned the volume up on the radio, with the rh steering wheel joystick control, and it decided to adjust itself to full volume. I adjusted it down to where I wanted it, and back it went up, repeatedly. If yours does this, hold the Home button down to reset it.
Joanne thought you’d got rid ??

Nah, I'm still waiting for delivery from VW. Fluc face is still here, being an ar5e and doing weird things. Lately I get more bongs at start up, and warning triangles. I had the one year service reminder come today, I thought really, do I have to? 👀
I seem to get a lot of can't contact emergency wotsit centre warnings. I'm aiming for a full bingo card of warning lights by the time I swap over. 😂

Nah, I'm still waiting for delivery from VW. Fluc face is still here, being an ar5e and doing weird things. Lately I get more bongs at start up, and warning triangles. I had the one year service reminder come today, I thought really, do I have to? 👀
I seem to get a lot of can't contact emergency wotsit centre warnings. I'm aiming for a full bingo card of warning lights by the time I swap over. 😂
Oh mate 🤦‍♀️ I’ve got a kia niro now - yeh it’s done- no probs.
Is it exciting like MG4 - nope
Do I actually miss my MG4 - oh yes!!
Saw an orange trophy yesterday @GreenCat driving school!!
Now I’m more au fait with evs I realise it may have been a charging fault on Mg as it kept slowing down speed restricted on dual carriageways etc.
It’s a good car just I deffo got a pup or I didn’t understand it back then.
Kia’s fine
MG4 is shexy 😜

What you just described sounds a bit like that power restriction fault made famous by the late, unlamented Bowfer of this parish. It caused more than one car to be rejected, although lattery some cars were cured by a software update.

Definitely not normal. Mine goes like a bat out of hell.

What you just described sounds a bit like that power restriction fault made famous by the late, unlamented Bowfer of this parish. It caused more than one car to be rejected, although lattery some cars were cured by a software update.

Definitely not normal. Mine goes like a bat out of hell.
I'm sure my humble MG4 can beat any ICE off the lights... for the first 20 metres :)

I'll miss mine for sheer grunt, but not for the pain it causes me. It's weird as never owned a car that pummels me on LKA, then also causes pain in neck and shoulders after about 5 miles. I say it's that off centre steering wheel.

Well, I still don't understand why you can't switch it off.
Because it auto switches itself back on. It's the violence of which the steering adjusts itself which is the problem. I have a Tremor and my triceps pulse in pain. The violence of the car correcting it jars the triceps and I have to stop. It's making me cry in pain. It also causes the neck and shoulders to ache badly. This is a car unsuitable for disabled people.

Mine never switches itself back on. Never in over 7,000 miles. There must be something wrong with your car's software. I don't think any other SE driver has reported it coming back on.

It does and it's always when auto lights toggle off / on / off.
It's been to two dealers and " it's what it does " is the answer from MG. They can't stop it allegedly, so I've paid motability extra money to get rid as soon as the VW arrives. My friend over in Leicester have a family member with a 4, and there's is the same. Being abled bodied they cope with it. I can't, but am disabled. That's it, but I'd love to see someone crack it's inner electronics to cancel it out.

I think the LKA reactivating is tied to the screen dark/light mode, so if u go under a bridge and the screen changed to dark mode and turns the lights on it turns LKA back on.
But if you go in to the settings and change the screen to always be dark or light not auto this does not happen.

I've heard of that happening before on the Trophy but not on the SE. Obviously the quick and easy workaround is to permanently set the car screen to Dark or Light theme. (I have mine set to Dark).

We talked about this before, @siteguru, when we were discussing the hack to stop the lights coming on in broad daylight. My SE definitely does not do that. The LKA stayed off all the time I was driving up and down the tree-lined road to see what would happen with different sensor covers, and the screen was switching merrily away.

Is it the screen though, or is it the lights themselves? If it's the actual lights, that's less easy to get round. Although, since getting the hack right, my lights very seldom try to come on before dusk.

I've only ever heard people with Trophys complain about this, and I thought someone said one of these legendary Trophy software updates fixed it.

Joanne, which infotainment software version does your car have?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back