Have you got any rust on your MG ZS EV?

Have you got any visible rust on your MG ZS EV?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters
This maybe a better longer term solution, very easy to apply as well !.

Thanks, I have a load of Supertrol and Waxoyl stuff in the garage, but I couldn't be bothered to mess about as it's such a small insignificant area of rust. The can of WD40 was the first thing to hand. ;)

I use WD40 to thin down my Waxoyl so that it sprays easier....been doing it for a decade...I never have any rust under my cars.

However, recently looking under my sons Ford Focus, I was horrified by the surface rust under there......apparently its quiet common of Fords....I wouldn't know, the last ford I had was late model Granada Ghia estate.....when our son about 6....about 40 years ago.

Oh er! Missus, Just had my second service done today &......... :eek:
Gen 1 2020 ZS EV. Class ('B' Service 🤔) I asked if it had software updates Was told No software updates according to the MG puter. Still wont charge unless you lock the doors & still on 455V. It didn't get any on the 1st service either. Low mileage with just 2604 miles on the clock & showing corrosion on front & rear suspension. 😱🥶
bx2vF4Vl.jpg

Wow they couldn't even be bothered to pump the tyres up to the right pressure 2.3bar instead of the correct 2.6bar
It even says on the sheet adjust if necessary

Oh er! Missus, Just had my second service done today &......... :eek:
Gen 1 2020 ZS EV. Class ('B' Service 🤔) I asked if it had software updates Was told No software updates according to the MG puter. Still wont charge unless you lock the doors & still on 455V. It didn't get any on the 1st service either. Low mileage with just 2604 miles on the clock & showing corrosion on front & rear suspension. 😱🥶
bx2vF4Vl.jpg
Do you know what exactly is corroding on the suspension? What did the dealer say about rectifying it?

Yes I'll be ringing them tomorrow morning to ask about the situation.
What do we reckon the chances are of “sorry sir that’s not covered by the warranty”!?

I can’t remember now but charging unlocked may be part of the comfort 2 update. Have you had comfort 2 done? Could well be an incomplete update too thats the issue.

Sorry my bad I am sure I have heard people say 2.6bar for gen1
It's only about 4 psi difference and I think some owners do put higher pressures in for better economy.
I do but only about 2 psi.

What do we reckon the chances are of “sorry sir that’s not covered by the warranty”!?

I can’t remember now but charging unlocked may be part of the comfort 2 update. Have you had comfort 2 done? Could well be an incomplete update too thats the issue.

I should have Queried the corrosion when I got my keys & maintenance sheet back but after sitting in the waiting room for three hours I just wanted to get out of the place as I had somewhere else to be.
It had the update to silence the bongs when I picked it up two years ago but no software updates since, The infotainment system is still laggy as heck too.

Yes I'll be ringing them tomorrow morning to ask about the situation.
Don't be concerned, all steel suspension components get covered in surface rust after a couple of years on any cars used through the winter. They only start out with a cheap black paint dip and are heavy components that will usually last the life of the car. If the corrosion bothers you, they can be cleaned and coated with an underbody wax coating like dinitrol or similar. It's not a warranty issue but if you have a very good garage they might coat it for you for minimal cost as goodwill.

Just done a bit more digging and found this
Screenshot_20221205_200548.jpg

Attachments

• 2.3.-ZS-EV_Service-Manual-vehicles-registered-from-2021 (2).pdf
    675.6 KB · Views: 74
Don't be concerned, all steel suspension components get covered in surface rust after a couple of years on any cars used through the winter. They only start out with a cheap black paint dip and are heavy components that will usually last the life of the car. If the corrosion bothers you, they can be cleaned and coated with an underbody wax coating like dinitrol or similar. It's not a warranty issue but if you have a very good garage they might coat it for you for minimal cost as goodwill.

^this^ Rang up & he said it's nothing to worry about it's just surface rust & I'm to keep an eye on it. I'll be getting it treated with some anti corrosion treatment soon as.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom