Have you got any rust on your MG ZS EV?

Have you got any visible rust on your MG ZS EV?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters
I was not impressed with them mess us about no end they did so went elsewhere to buy my 5 and I also purchased a 3 year MG service package with the car and at my first service they would not do it because the car had not been purchased from them. So that’s why I went to Chorley MG but not without issues but sold the 5 now and got the wife a 4 from Chorley so hopefully no more problems.
Les

I was not impressed with them mess us about no end they did so went elsewhere to buy my 5 and I also purchased a 3 year MG service package with the car and at my first service they would not do it because the car had not been purchased from them. So that’s why I went to Chorley MG but not without issues but sold the 5 now and got the wife a 4 from Chorley so hopefully no more problems.
Les
I thought you could get a service done at any main MG dealership! . I bought the car from there in the first place & they've been OK with me although I never got my MG teddy bear :(

It was the easiest place to get to for me & the railway station is just 500 metres away from the Wigan dealership if I had to leave it with them & they didn't have a courtesy car available. Just a short journey home on the train.

I was not impressed with them mess us about no end they did so went elsewhere to buy my 5 and I also purchased a 3 year MG service package with the car and at my first service they would not do it because the car had not been purchased from them.
I was of the opinion that ANY accredited MG dealer could carry out both service & warranty work ?.
Would be interested to hear what MG customer services would have to say about this type of behaviour TBH.
I am 100% sure I would not be using a dealer with this type of attitude anyway !.

I was of the opinion that ANY accredited MG dealer could carry out both service & warranty work ?.
Would be interested to hear what MG customer services would have to say about this type of behaviour TBH.
I am 100% sure I would not be using a dealer with this type of attitude anyway !.
Dealers in general get away with doing what they like far too often. Manufacturers need to use a bigger stick and wield the ultimate sanction of kicking them out as a dealer if they give consistent poor customer service.

What does a dealer expect the owner to do if they write on a not-that-old cars service documentation ‘suspension corroded’??
I never cease to be amazed at how many dealerships lack the very basic communication skills.
If it’s nothing to worry about and happens to all cars then why make an entry about it on the sheet? If you’re going to make a note of it then explain it fully. All work completed and any recommendations, should be fully explained, but of course it is not.

What does a dealer expect the owner to do if they write on a not-that-old cars service documentation ‘suspension corroded’??
I never cease to be amazed at how many dealerships lack the very basic communication skills.
If it’s nothing to worry about and happens to all cars then why make an entry about it on the sheet? If you’re going to make a note of it then explain it fully. All work completed and any recommendations, should be fully explained, but of course it is not.
It really does sound like a totally ridicules thing to comment on really ?.
I mean, entering this on a service sheet does nothing for the customer who may what to sell his car at a latter date.
When the new buyer, wishes to see any past service history sheets from the car.
Imagine what the potential new buyer think when he / she reads that comment !.
It the surface rust detrimental to the cars safety ? .
No - of course not !.
So why bother then ?.
It’s purely a “Job’s Worth” statement.
Below is a photo taken of a wheel hub and CV joint, taken from a brand new car that displays surface rust.
Reportable ??? - Of course not.
Bit of pure and simple common sense is needed I think.

CB90B93E-8590-46E5-A42F-BF094A1DCC13.jpeg

I thought you could get a service done at any main MG dealership! . I bought the car from there in the first place & they've been OK with me although I never got my MG teddy bear :(

It was the easiest place to get to for me & the railway station is just 500 metres away from the Wigan dealership if I had to leave it with them & they didn't have a courtesy car available. Just a short journey home on the train.
Total understand what you saying and that’s fine I live in walking distance away from them about 15 minutes away in fact, but I wanted a blue car they said they won’t be available for up to a few months, and tried to push me into a red one has they had them in stock but £695 extra I think it was for the red as well. I said no not what I want and after spending time trying to convince me to have the red one I walked out came home went on CARWOW or Whatcar sometime later in the same week I think it was following day I had the Blue one on order from Grensons in Crewe with no extra charge for the colour at the time that was about £500 extra and came for free, and they delivered it to my home for £40 plus I got and extra £700 off Grensons for my part X when service time came round I call Wigan to book a service and was asked had I purchased the car from them and they said they where only servicing cars that had been purchased form them at that time and where very busy with them cars so I called Grensons told them and they put me in touch with Chorley MG who booked me in the week after to have it done and I got the bear as well so I have stuck with them.
Les

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom