Home charging maximum rate

Isn’t that what I said that voltage will vary? Or do you mean something else?
‘Most UK homes voltage will vary from 240v to sometimes below 220v’
No this is volt drop based on load at the end of the circuit, as load increases voltage drops within the property and what your car is receiving will be different to what is coming into your house due to this.

Quick question for those who already own an MG4. What is the length of the home charger, sometimes referred to as the Granny Charger that is supplied with the car. In my case, it will be the SE.

And for those who have bought a charging cable to connect to commercial charging stations including supermarkets, what length of cable did you buy.
Apologies if this is already covered.

Quick question for those who already own an MG4. What is the length of the home charger, sometimes referred to as the Granny Charger that is supplied with the car. In my case, it will be the SE.

And for those who have bought a charging cable to connect to commercial charging stations including supermarkets, what length of cable did you buy.
I haven't measured the granny charger, but my type 2 lead is 7.5M so I can plug in from a non EV parking bay if the charger is ICEd, and also give me more flexibility in how I park in the bay coming from a front charging MG ZS EV MK1

I haven't measured the granny charger, but my type 2 lead is 7.5M so I can plug in from a non EV parking bay if the charger is ICEd, and also give me more flexibility in how I park in the bay coming from a front charging MG ZS EV MK1
That is very useful thank you.

The granny is 3.5m long.
Is it an LR or SR, the LR has an 11kw onboard charger so can take a faster charge and you should consider that when buying possibly.
I have a 5m lead, find it enough in all normal situations, though I guess a long lead could work if a charger is iced not found it enough to carry and deal with the longer lead.
1 tip is maybe get a Tesla type 2 lead £85, it's a bargain really, for a 3 phase one 4m long that would do in most situations. Download the app and register to be able to buy it, from the in app store.

So what I'm getting from this is
Trophy: Max charge between 6-7kW on a 7kW charger that is single phase and 11kW on a triphase charger
11kW Charger single phase will only deliver 7kW to the MG4 so basically for me (with single phase line) it's no use investing in 11kW even though my provider is guaranteeing no issues with 11kW (it's a bespoke eV line straight from the grid)

So what I'm getting from this is
Trophy: Max charge between 6-7kW on a 7kW charger that is single phase and 11kW on a triphase charger
11kW Charger single phase will only deliver 7kW to the MG4 so basically for me (with single phase line) it's no use investing in 11kW even though my provider is guaranteeing no issues with 11kW (it's a bespoke eV line straight from the grid)
Only the early phase one large battery cars can charge at 11kW as the later ones are limited to 7kW for AC charging (note I am talking UK models)

The actual answer is ... it depends. Do you have a UK or EU spec car? (The EU spec LR, ER and X-Power cars come with 3-phase 11kW onboard chargers).

Scroll down to the Specs near the bottom.

Please bear in mind that @Airbag888's location shows as Mauritius, so the trim and spec levels may differ from the UK as they drive on the left (so EU trim/spec cars are more likely).

There are 76 countries where driving is on the left hand side of the road, including Japan, Australia and also.........Mauritius. Driving on the left means RHD. The UK is a small market when combining all of the other RHD nations.

I actually misread when I Googled earlier ... those countries you mention (including Mauritius) drive on the left, so they are RHD cars. So the RHD market is bigger than I thought (but still not anywhere near the LHD market size).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back