I'm in need of sympathy

Took the car in to a trusted body shop for an estimate this morning.
There were two options presented:
  • Simple paintless dent repair for £132
  • Full Repair for £414
The problem with the first option is the fact that the dent is on a swage line and there is no guarantee the repair will be invisible or paint left unbroken. If it is less than 100% successful, the second option will be necessary thus incurring the cost of both.
The second option guarantees an invisible repair in one hit so that's the option I've gone for. I've discussed this with the gentleman who caused the damage and he agrees with that choice.
Car is booked in for repair on Wednesday and should be ready Friday (y)
So lucky someone was honest enough to hold their hands up fair play

Well 6 days after picking up my new EV I have a body shop courtesy car sitting on my driveway :(

It was a lot less stressful owning a 16 year old Audi Allroad A6 estate. full of dents, go anywhere, anytime, any speed in total comfort. And totally bullet proof reliability. Shame about the £350 road tax and 28 mpg……..

I don't intend using the car for anything other than the return journey to the body shop (5 miles each way) so there will be no fuel going in it!

IMG_20210623_123829.jpg
if it makes you feel any better 😬

Perversely, it does :ROFLMAO:
Can you beat my 3 days into ownership as well?

As we speak a GardX smart repair guy is on my drive spraying front bumper as my ZS is being traded back 3pm today for the HS hybrid. To add a little sting plastic is not covered so black trim scuff needs £65 out my pocket too.

Well after having mine hit with a gate, the repair was done yesterday and would you believe it, the guy who let go of the gate has already transferred the cash across to pay for it. Turns out people are actually nice and decent and trustworthy.

My dealer sell GardX paint alloy and tyre protection. You can claim several times a year and get an annual check over. I’ve had 3 scuffs sorted and pay monthly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom