I'm in need of sympathy

Looks like a really nice job 👍.
Are you happy with the paint match ?.
Dynamic red is a tri coat colour.
Work was done on a blue ZS but yes good job however black plastic trim is not included but can be negotiated

Well I'm not showing the pic of what I did to the front wing after 1000miles as it is going to make too many of you feel better :) . I might get round to posting the final result after I have repaired it. I was too embarrassed to get a can of spray paint from the main dealer, assuming they actually had any. Plus I didn't want them logging it and refusing subsequent warranty claims because I didn't have a "genuine" MG repair done on it. It took a week or two to get the paint from an Ebay supplier as, being a new colour (it's Westminster Silver), they had to apply to MG for the recipe. Let's hope it's a good match and my skills are up to it. I will divulge the supplier to anyone that needs a can of the silver spray.

On a more serious note I have to say that most modern cars are not designed with good all-round visibility in mind, rather a stronger nod to fashion with rising window lines towards the back of the vehicle and a reliance on parking aids like camera and proximity sensors instead. I still prefer to reverse using mirrors and over-shoulder vision than using the reversing camera. It may be fashion, but to me the design trends look neither better nor worse than other/older designs. Remember the Volvo 740, 940 type estates with glass that practically went down to the ground? They look pretty cool IMHO and they're worth an increasing amount of money now, especially the T5R.

I was parked last Sunday in a Morrison’s Supermarket car park.

While waiting for my partner to come out of the store, I observed a white transit van with a man driving and woman passenger, squeeze in between two cars to park.

The driver got out and the woman passenger however opened the door so hard and fast onto the car parked in the next bay, it rocked the vehicle, goodness knows what damage she had caused.

She had not a care in the world and was totally oblivious to what she had done.

These people make me sick, no respect whatsoever to anything or anybody but themselves.

Andy (Blackpool)

While waiting for my partner to come out of the store, I observed a white transit van with a man driving and woman passenger, squeeze in between two cars to park.

The driver got out and the woman passenger however opened the door so hard and fast onto the car parked in the next bay, it rocked the vehicle, goodness knows what damage she had caused.

These people make me sick, no respect whatsoever to anything or anybody but themselves.

Andy (Blackpool)
This happened to my car in a car park whilst I was sitting in it waiting for the wife. Hell of a bang as the 25yr old driver let his door go (probably accidentally) into the door of my car. He stared me out and then got in and drove off!! I didn't make a fuss because my old Clio was probably 15yrs old at the time but if he had come round and apologised it would have restored my faith in human nature. As it was I just continued along my trajectory of becoming an increasingly cynical old bastard :)

Andy (Blackpool)
A pity that you didn’t take a quick pick of the offending van number plate - or leave it in a little note for the pwner when they returned. Good deed for the day.

Took the car in to a trusted body shop for an estimate this morning.
There were two options presented:
  • Simple paintless dent repair for £132
  • Full Repair for £414
The problem with the first option is the fact that the dent is on a swage line and there is no guarantee the repair will be invisible or paint left unbroken. If it is less than 100% successful, the second option will be necessary thus incurring the cost of both.
The second option guarantees an invisible repair in one hit so that's the option I've gone for. I've discussed this with the gentleman who caused the damage and he agrees with that choice.
Car is booked in for repair on Wednesday and should be ready Friday (y)
Just to let you know , I had a dint on the crease like you , and the paintless dint repair fixed it 100% , brilliant

I guess there's an element of luck involved.
I'd have certainly taken the cheaper option if the outcome was guaranteed.

I guess there's an element of luck involved.
I'd have certainly taken the cheaper option if the outcome was guaranteed.
PDR is always the best option IF it is done correctly and does not break the paint.
If attempted and this fails, then you are paying out twice !.
It's a difficult call really.

Ouch 😣!.
I can only guess at the high level of swear words, after this !.
Looks like a post or gate ?????.
How come the rear sensors did not pick it up ????.
I would be absolutely gutted 😭.
It was the tail lift on a luton van, I guess they were lower than the lift?? I was looking everywhere else as it's a busy place - just not where the van was 🙄

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom