ippy1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all,
I’ve not seen any posts relating to the infotainment screen brightness at night.
I find it far too bright.
I’ve found the brightness control on the drivers screen, but it seems to make very little difference. Does anyone know if it can be controlled from anywhere else?
Or, can the screen be turned off at all, most of the important detail is in front of the driver anyway.

Having now driven my new MG4 at night for the first time I think the driver information display (the 7 inch display behind the steering wheel) is too bright. The infotainment screen (10.25 inch display) seems to be fine if you turn the brightness down as described on the previous posts but the driver info screen needs to be dimmable to the same level IMHO.

Having now driven my new MG4 at night for the first time I think the driver information display (the 7 inch display behind the steering wheel) is too bright. The infotainment screen (10.25 inch display) seems to be fine if you turn the brightness down as described on the previous posts but the driver info screen needs to be dimmable to the same level IMHO.
The brightness for this screen is on the right wheel joystick. Move through the options with joystick until you see Brightness. Press joystick in and adjust brightness.

The brightness for this screen is on the right wheel joystick. Move through the options with joystick until you see Brightness. Press joystick in and adjust brightness.
Yes, but it doesn't make the screen dim enough for my liking. Lowest setting seems to indicate 25% when perhaps a 0% option is needed for night driving.

Yes, but it doesn't make the screen dim enough for my liking. Lowest setting seems to indicate 25% when perhaps a 0% option is needed for night driving.
I agree with this. Since it’s not an OLED, the backlight is too bright at night really, just looks like a gray background

Definitely too light at night time. It blinds me. I've turned it down on the main screen by swiping down, I turned it down on the small screen by going into the options on the steering wheel... and as someone pointed out dark mode with sat nav and others just don't quite look right in dark mode.

I don't know why it has to be so bright.

I am thinking of putting a piece of tinted cellophane over it. I have some left from my photography days. Let you know how I get on after I have had the side windows tinted he might have a spare bit left over🤞🤞🤞😂😂

I am thinking of putting a piece of tinted cellophane over it. I have some left from my photography days. Let you know how I get on after I have had the side windows tinted he might have a spare bit left over🤞🤞🤞😂😂
That sounds a great idea!!!

Be interesting to see how that solution develops :ROFLMAO:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel