Is there an acronym list?

Would be handy to see a 5 that's been altered as the is the 5 forum and that's what was being discussed. Any one got picks of a 5 that's been altered to have storage for the charge cable in the funk.
Oops - sorry :)

Would be handy to see a 5 that's been altered as the is the 5 forum and that's what was being discussed. Any one got picks of a 5 that's been altered to have storage for the charge cable in the funk.
Doesn’t need alterations- just coil the type two cable and lay it on the cover with the plugs at the deep end at the front. Hasn’t moved in weeks - always dry and ready to use right where I need it.

Really, my cable is just plonked on top of he plastic cover. Not tied down, not in a box, nothing, Just plonked there, in it's bag. I wondered for at least a second if it was fouling the bonnet when I dropped the lid but it seems not.

Doesn’t need alterations- just coil the type two cable and lay it on the cover with the plugs at the deep end at the front. Hasn’t moved in weeks - always dry and ready to use right where I need it.
Old picture but cable’s been stored on the cover for a long time. I did tie it down at first but found the cable never moves so I’ve now taken the bungee away.

Attachments

• DE40122F-A077-488B-A539-760EC9CD6115.jpeg
    DE40122F-A077-488B-A539-760EC9CD6115.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 106

Looking very interesting- possibly the best so far.
does this raise the spectre of another looming problem I wonder?
With a frunk full stuff are we going to need to look in to some kind of lock for security?
How easy is it to open a bonnet/ hood ?
Does anyone know where to get a hasp and padlock combination in body colour 😂

Hi emu7 welcome on the forum good thread you have started off here and yes it has started going off thread a little at times but then most of them do IMHO but we get there in the end.
Lots of good stuff on here to get lots of information and options, also loads and loads on Youtube and here’s just one to show what can be done under the bonnet if you want to it’s not that difficult, but as others have righty pointed out a type2 cable is no problem with out doing anything the Frunk think is an area under the bonnet that came with Tesla’s to begin with but a few others have one now I believe
Have a watch of this video the bit about under the bonnet is at around 2:17 into it
Most of all Enjoy your car.
Les.

ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control. The system can self adjust to take into account other vehicles in front of you.

GOM - the affectionately named Guess-O-Meter. Is the estimated range left on the battery, as you can guess from the name, its not accurate.

AC is your home charger. And anything sub 22kw in public. It uses a type 2 connector (top bung only) the car has a built in charger that converts the AC to DC to store in the battery.
DC are your rapid chargers 50+ kW that use the CCS connector (top and bottom rubber bungs) to deliver DC direct to the battery.
Charger is part of a car. At home you have (mobile) charging station as well as public charging station.
AC charging station (public) could be up to 43 kW.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom