I have an old iPhone 8 running ios 16.7.2 (the latest IOS it supports) When I try to log into the app the Login button is "greyed" out. When trying the app on my wife's iPhone SE gen2 I noticed that there is a radio button below the Login pertaining to terms and conditions, when this is pressed the Login button "ungrays" itself allowing the Login to continue. On my iPhone 8 I cannot scroll down to get to the T's and C's button. Does anybody else have a tragically old Iphone 8 and is it known if the app supports IOS 17.7.2
I have an iPhone 8 Plus, and while the terms and conditions button is obscured, I can scroll down to it and press it. The app works with the same OS version as you. I don’t have battery heating, and the front screen demist actually puts the heat on “LO”

Nyckelfri start - Vad betyder detta också?
Var det på den förra appen?.
Det undrar jag med, vilken väg är bäst för att få en så varm bil som det går nu på vintern..??
I also wonder, which way is best to get a car warm as it is now winter..??

[ Edited moderator: Please post in English. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

the title "iSMART defrosting stopped working in V2.0.1" pretty much says it all, ever since I updated to version 2.0.1, the defrosting "Front Window" option does not work as intended.
It does start the fan, but it doesn't heat which pretty much makes this option useless in winter.
When I start the "Front Window" option, then turn on the infotainment in the car, it says that temperature is set to "Lo". This definitely was not the case before!

Also, it would be great if this option really did a proper defrosting meaning also starting rear window and side mirror heaters, but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Did anybody else notice this behaviour?

I have the facelift LR trophy model BTW.

View attachment 22320
Yes, this has happened to me since installing the new version of the app (with ZS EV Trophy). Entering your car after 10 mins on a frosty morn to find that effectively the fan has been blasting cold air at a frozen screen is somewhat frustrating to say the least. Re: the rear window and side mirror defrosting, there is an option in the in-car settings to do this, but I am not sure if this works (or is intended to work) via the remote defrost from the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: the rear window and side mirror defrosting, there is an option in the in-car settings to do this, but I am not sure if this works (or is intended to work) via the remote defrost from the app.
It does not.
Although I activated the option to also start rear window defrosting when front window defrosting is on. But so far this only works when I push the button in the car.
This is actually one of my major complaints. Rear window defrosting must be available via app!

After update I cant login with phone or email. So I re-registered again and now app can see the car but cant connect to it :(
Tried to unbind but it doesnt work. There is no any buttons to confirm on Unbind screen.

Yes, this has happened to me since installing the new version of the app (with ZS EV Trophy). Entering your car after 10 mins on a frosty morn to find that effectively the fan has been blasting cold air at a frozen screen is somewhat frustrating to say the least. Re: the rear window and side mirror defrosting, there is an option in the in-car settings to do this, but I am not sure if this works (or is intended to work) via the remote defrost from the app.
Yes this is happening on my car. Whatever option I use to get air blowing out I get in the car and it's cold air blowing then switch the car on and find the temperature is set to Lo. The app is completely useless to me now in the winter until this gets sorted.

Just downloaded the new iOS version. Now doesn’t recognise my login details and won’t even let me re-register 🤬
Me too, telling me I haven’t registered for the first time in 4 months. Haven’t retried yet - just looking to see if others have the same problem and if anyone has a solution.

Launched the app on my Android phone today. It had updated. Entered my password and all worked fine. Appears to always return with miles and not km. So no issues.

I tried to unbind and bind again. It was my mistake. Unbind process is not unclear and at the end my car disappeared from the app but I cant bind it once again :(

Yes this is happening on my car. Whatever option I use to get air blowing out I get in the car and it's cold air blowing then switch the car on and find the temperature is set to Lo. The app is completely useless to me now in the winter until this gets sorted.
Yes this happens to me, but you can change the temperature and send it to the car which is fine for the winter

Keyless start - What does this refer too ?.
Was it on the previous App ?.
You can start the car remotely using the app - same as it did with the previous version

I've noticed this change too since the app was updated - like you, absolutely usless function now! Email sent to MG

App Version 2.0.2 - please try following:

• Clear the Cache of the App
  • log of (out of the App)
  • (iPhone) close the App also in the Background
  • restart your smartphone

Then start the App again, log in and hope….

After that, I see the planed charging and the battery heating funktion!

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 57
Does this latest version of the app resolve the issue of cold air being blown onto the windscreen in windscreen defrost mode?

Does this latest version of the app resolve the issue of cold air being blown onto the windscreen in windscreen defrost mode?
Lovemyev worked it out;

Lovemyev worked it out;

This isn't the original front screen operation though. Pressing the front screen button blasted hot air up the screen vent, whereas the air conditioning button warms the whole car at a lower fan speed.
I'll give mine a try now and report back

I'm afraid the front window demist function still doesn't work after the latest update, it puts the heater on "LO" and blows cols air up the screen - looks like one step at a time with the app!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom