I pick my MG ZS EV Gen 2 Trophy up in a couple of weeks time & reading through this thread I think I'll leave the ismart app well alone until it's been sorted out. I hope they can come up with a dark mode for it too, I dislike white backgrounds on Apps & forums.

I pick my MG ZS EV Gen 2 Trophy up in a couple of weeks time & reading through this thread I think I'll leave the ismart app well alone until it's been sorted out. I hope they can come up with a dark mode for it too, I dislike white backgrounds on Apps & forums.

I'm hopeful that it will be sorted out, even if it is one bug at a time. It's gone from dire to almost full functionality in a few weeks. I guess the coders only have time to work on it after school ;)

I'm afraid the front window demist function still doesn't work after the latest update, it puts the heater on "LO" and blows cols air up the screen - looks like one step at a time with the app!
I agree !.
Used the car this morning, thought I would try out the front screen demisting.
This what you end up with, if you select the front window icon.

IMG_2267.jpeg

It never will be sorted its from MG!.
So best use it now if you need it.

First time I started the app yesterday after a week or two and was faced with updated app. Managed to login but it is not connecting to the car "remote control instruction failed". Also reports "unable to get vehicle's GPS". It seems to have all my profile data etc., so it knows its me and knows the car, but now totally useless if it can't ever connect. All this tech is useless if it doesn't work so why did they break it when it was working OK before?

I'm hopeful that it will be sorted out, even if it is one bug at a time. It's gone from dire to almost full functionality in a few weeks. I guess the coders only have time to work on it after school ;)

LOL I'll be giving it a wide berth as I don't need any more headaches, I've had enough with my desktop PC going belly up over the Christmas period. :(

I still have a problem with binding a car right after unbind. And it is not possible to use a Support button in a new app without binded car which is really frustrating.

App Version 2.0.2 - please try following:

• Clear the Cache of the App
  • log of (out of the App)
  • (iPhone) close the App also in the Background
  • restart your smartphone

Then start the App again, log in and hope….

After that, I see the planed charging and the battery heating funktion!
tried that but it did not work for me 🥹

Hi all,

the title "iSMART defrosting stopped working in V2.0.1" pretty much says it all, ever since I updated to version 2.0.1, the defrosting "Front Window" option does not work as intended.
It does start the fan, but it doesn't heat which pretty much makes this option useless in winter.
When I start the "Front Window" option, then turn on the infotainment in the car, it says that temperature is set to "Lo". This definitely was not the case before!

Also, it would be great if this option really did a proper defrosting meaning also starting rear window and side mirror heaters, but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Did anybody else notice this behaviour?

I have the facelift LR trophy model BTW.

View attachment 22320
Very same problem,one of the reasons I bought this car .grrrrr

🤣🤣🤣

It should be called MG ZS EV ‘Beta’.

There is a choice between an EV that has been ‘productised’ and quality checked for a premium price or an MG.
It shouldn't be a choice. There is no excuse for software which hasn't been tested and, as a result, contravenes Goggles T&Cs.

It shouldn't be a choice. There is no excuse for software which hasn't been tested and, as a result, contravenes Goggles T&Cs.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Having been involved in product design, engineering and testing nearly all my professional life, the level of quality and consistency in both hardware and software in the MG ZS EV is shockingly bad.

I have read several times on this forum that it is because of the price point but this is not correct.

I bought mine because I wasn't sure of the EV concept and didn't want to invest more than £30k. I am sure of the concept now and my 2024 resolution is to get shot of mine in favour of a properly developed and manufactured vehicle.

Probably not a popular opinion on this forum but hey ho. 🤷

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Having been involved in product design, engineering and testing nearly all my professional life, the level of quality and consistency in both hardware and software in the MG ZS EV is shockingly bad.

I have read several times on this forum that it is because of the price point but this is not correct.

I bought mine because I wasn't sure of the EV concept and didn't want to invest more than £30k. I am sure of the concept now and my 2024 resolution is to get shot of mine in favour of a properly developed and manufactured vehicle.

Probably not a popular opinion on this forum but hey ho. 🤷
I'm reluctant to spend £45K on the effective Honda Jazz EV equivalent (e:Ny1) - our previous car. We don't use our MG4 much and can put up with the bugs at the moment.

I recently received an update to the App. The look and feel are completely different, which to me is not an improvement. The earlier version of the App allowed you to schedule battery heating prior the vehicles use. I can't find this option in the updated version.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Question: with R33 you could on the main screen switch ON the battery heating, i am now on R46 and that possibility has gone.
Anyone else found this?

App Version 2.0.2 - please try following:

• Clear the Cache of the App
  • log of (out of the App)
  • (iPhone) close the App also in the Background
  • restart your smartphone

Then start the App again, log in and hope….

After that, I see the planed charging and the battery heating funktion!
Well that's annoying,
I take it your device is apple, as android is still only version 2.0.1, so still no option to schedule battery heating that was there in last version as I used the option in last cold snap in Ireland before the update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom