There's a separate thread on that. Seems to be the same everywhere.

[ Other moderator: App server not working thread merged with the main iSmart thread. Now fixed. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
As Siteguru will tell you, (through gritted teeth) if you had bound the car before you do not need to bind it again. You are logging into/creating another account. Are you sure you used the email address to bind the car originally and not a telephone number? Have you accepted the T&C's on the login page - I had to do it again after the app logged me out even though I had done it before. You need to zoom out on an apple phone because it does display usually. Have you tried another device?

Have you read through all the posts and tried all the options out forward?
I am definitely using the same login credentials. When I open the app the screen with the blue bar says to bind, I have tried pretty much everything now, including accepting the T&Cs. The app even says success when I bind but the app remains on the page that says to bind!

I am definitely using the same login credentials. When I open the app the screen with the blue bar says to bind, I have tried pretty much everything now, including accepting the T&Cs. The app even says success when I bind but the app remains on the page that says to bind!
I'm not sure you fully answered the question - I'll try again:

1. Is the car new and you are trying to bind for the first time? Or
2. Was the car previously bound to your account, and the issue has just happened after updating the app?

Please clarify.

It's a long shot, but have you deleted the iSmart app from your phone and reloaded it? Alternatively try clearing the cache and data through the phone settings.

I'm not sure you fully answered the question - I'll try again:

1. Is the car new and you are trying to bind for the first time? Or
2. Was the car previously bound to your account, and the issue has just happened after updating the app?

Please clarify.
It was previously bound and I am using exactly the same login details. The issue has happened after updating the app.

Thanks.

Then the issue is almost certainly that you think you're using the correct details, but you're actually not. You need to login using the VERY FIRST account details you created - if you created the account using an email address, use that; if you used your phone number (selecting UK from the drop list and without the leading 0) then use that. If your password isn't recognised/contains characters that the app no longer accepts, then use the Forgot Password option.

I say this as I can't recall a single person genuinely using the correct original details and still seeing the Bind request in the app - every single one has come back to say "Oops!" and report that all was now OK. :)

MikeB, you said you used your email address to create the account. As a long shot have you tried using your telephone number, as siteguru says above, and see what happens.

Thanks.

Then the issue is almost certainly that you think you're using the correct details, but you're actually not. You need to login using the VERY FIRST account details you created - if you created the account using an email address, use that; if you used your phone number (selecting UK from the drop list and without the leading 0) then use that. If your password isn't recognised/contains characters that the app no longer accepts, then use the Forgot Password option.

I say this as I can't recall a single person genuinely using the correct original details and still seeing the Bind request in the app - every single one has come back to say "Oops!" and report that all was now OK. :)

MikeB, you said you used your email address to create the account. As a long shot have you tried using your telephone number, as siteguru says above, and see what happens.
Thanks for all your suggestions, i deleted the app and reinstalled and this time it asked me to accept the T&C’s and has now let me straight in.

I have the MG4 trophy LR.
The ISMART app changed recently and even though it says the bind has been successful the car is unbound.
I charge remotely so used the app to check %. Any idea how to resolve binding?

Was your car previously bound, or are you trying to bind for the first time? If the former (which your post seems to suggest) then you're logged in to the wrong account.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to not enter the first 0 of your phone number.
eg:- If your number is 07123 456789, you enter it as 7123 456789
I’d managed to set up an account with a 0 and it was sending verification numbers. However the threads are correct the right and original account has no 0. Deleted the false account and reset my password to the account with no 0. You may have to request a verification number more than once. It’s all working now using my original account 😊

Got the MG4 trophy long range, but cannot bind the car to the app. Been able to login to account in settings, but i do not see connect to vehicle button. Please help!

Have you worked through this thread?

I presume you're trying to bind for the very first time?
Hi, yes, I am. I tried rebooting, re-install and factory reset. I can scan QR code to login, can see my name appearing and very brielfy see the option to bind to the car but it disappears immediately. It is a new car so wouldnt have thought it was “bound” already? But unsure how I could check that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back