Rick2454

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Since the upgrade of the iSmart app before Christmas, I have been unable to Bind my MG ZS EV. I have deleted and reloaded the app, Switched my iPhone off and restarted all to no avail.... Any ideas would be gratefully received....

There's plenty of advice on the iSmart thread. You must enter the phone number (no 0) or email that was used to set up that account and tick the T&C box under the login button.

IIRC you don’t need to rebind, it’s still bound. you just need to re-log in. Reset password if necessary.
Thanks, Tried that already..... had no effect, still asking to bind vehicle.

There's plenty of advice on the iSmart thread. You must enter the phone number (no 0) or email that was used to set up that account and tick the T&C box under the login button.
tried logging on using my phone number rather than email address, tried +44 and 0 but a message comes up saying 'the mobile is not register, please register on your phone'
I can't see where to do this... any ideas?

tried logging on using my phone number rather than email address, tried +44 and 0 but a message comes up saying 'the mobile is not register, please register on your phone'
I can't see where to do this... any ideas?
You need to not enter the first 0 of your phone number.
eg:- If your number is 07123 456789, you enter it as 7123 456789

You need to not enter the first 0 of your phone number.
eg:- If your number is 07123 456789, you enter it as 7123 456789
Tried that, it say the mobile number is registered.....

You must use the email address or phone number you used when you first bound the app to the car.
Doing that... not working

deleted the account, deleted the App - reloaded the App and re registered... it's worked and I'm now back on line.
Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated.

@Rick2454 How did you delete the account without being able to login to it?
In Settings, I could log in but it would only show the Bind Screen and the row of Icons on the bottom of the App. I clicked into the Hello iSmart element of the App (bottom right) and then Settings, the delete account button is under Logout...

I downloaded the new version of iSmart on Saturday. Since then nothing in the app works. It won’t scan my MG4. I called MG who said they are aware it doesnt work and the apps developers are hoping to have a fix by next week. I won’t hold my breath. Some days I have to do the home button reset to restore my radio volume 20 times. The software is rubbish.

I downloaded the new version of iSmart on Saturday. Since then nothing in the app works. It won’t scan my MG4. I called MG who said they are aware it doesnt work and the apps developers are hoping to have a fix by next week. I won’t hold my breath. Some days I have to do the home button reset to restore my radio volume 20 times. The software is rubbish.
Hello
I'm French and used to have 0 trouble with iSMART since I have my car on july.
But yesterday, my dealer swap the TBOX because I used to have a lot of data connexion lost (4G falls down, and the car put eCall on error). Since then, iSMART doesn't communicate with the car, except by sending adress to the GPS (travel plan for exemple)

Scan, start charging, remote heating etc. are not available. It always say "the remote control instruction failed, please try again later".

What I do : unbind and bind again (failed), use another account (failed), factory reset the car (failed and lost all my setting...)
If anyone have an idea..., my dealer is waiting some news from HQ

Last edited:
Hello
I'm French and used to have 0 trouble with iSMART since I have my car on july.
But yesterday, my dealer swap the TBOX because I used to have a lot of data connexion lost (4G falls down, and the car put eCall on error). Since then, iSMART doesn't communicate with the car, except by sending adress to the GPS (travel plan for exemple)

Scan, start charging, remote heating etc. are not available. It always say "the remote control instruction failed, please try again later".

What I do : unbind and bind again (failed), use another account (failed), factory reset the car (failed and lost all my setting...)
If anyone have an idea..., my dealer is waiting some news from HQ
Hi, I have had exactly the same scenario.. The Tbox has been replaced but I smart doesn't work at all. My dealer is not very helpful and putting a blame on New I smart app.

Did you get any success?

Hello. So far, nothing. It's only 2 days now.
I'm waiting some news from my dealer and send a mail to MG tech support ([email protected])
i'm so frustrated...

Hi, I have had exactly the same scenario.. The Tbox has been replaced but I smart doesn't work at all. My dealer is not very helpful and putting a blame on New I smart app.

Did you get any success?
Your TBOX was swap for the same reason ?

I posted this on another thread and think it might help here.

I have spent a few hours trying to bind the new app to my MG Trophy. The old app gave no problems. I looked at many different sources for advice but found nothing that worked.
I have now solved the problem for myself. I hope this might help others.
In the past I must have signed into the app by using my phone number or my email address. I assumed it was two ways of accessing my MG iSmart account. I now realise by doing that I have created two accounts, no feedback appears that tells you that fact.
When trying to bind the new app using the QR code on the infotainment display, it displayed “success” but remained on the binding screen on my phone. I was using my email address to sign into my iSmart account.
Eventually, I tried signing in using my phone number. Immediately the iSmart app connected to my car without the need to bind it using the QR code. It displayed the status of my car correctly.
Therefore, my car was already bound to my account because I must have used the phone number login when I originally bound the car with the old app.
MG do not make it clear that you have to stick to either email user name or mobile number user name, otherwise you create two accounts.

I already try this. Not ok.
I logged with mail, phone number, my wife account (she used to use tje digital Key with her account but it doesn't work anymore too), i unboud and bound, unbound and bound with another account...

It looks like the car doesn't give access to the app. But it allow it to send travel plan

I deleted my account by using mail and try to log with phone number, it doesn't work.

I create a new account with the same mail and add my phone number

Thanks for your message

Last edited:
Your TBOX was swap for the same reason ?
Hi, my TBOX was replaced because of mainly 2 things: intermittent connection issues causing the SOS and ecall faults ; secondly the GPS in my car was not working, the navigation was always showing the wrong location or static at one place.

After swapping the TBOX, the GPS is working fine, but the app is not scanning the QR code now. I know I should not have unbind the car which was my mistake.

When I try to bind the car now, It always says 'service is not available, please try again later'. I am not sure if this issue is due to the new Tbox or the new app. The dealer is saying it is due to the new App and asking me to wait for new a update on the app as MG is working on it.

I can't argue as the timing of new TBOX and new app exactly coincided for me!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back