MG4 hasn't been pinging servers for over 24hrs now in Oz. ISmart app shows last update (screenshot).
Seems to not be able to share your phones data because nothing changes even after Auto or Carplay are connected. Honestly, software-wise Mg is very weak

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240322_194404.jpg
    Screenshot_20240322_194404.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 23
In another thread they're saying the issue is with Vodafone Oz, not the app or MG's servers. 🤷‍♂️

Has anyone in Australia called support yet? .. I'm not far off giving them a buzz to get an answer...
Tried a dealer and got nada, have to phone service on Monday. I suspect they won’t have a clue either given their limited knowledge of EVs (even though they sell them). I feel like we need to remove the SIM and put it back in or reset somehow. Anyone know where it is and whether you can interrogate its status?

I used the online chat and after a bit of AI navigation I ended up with Donna. I've no idea if Donna is human or not:

Donna:
Hi, this is Donna. How can I assist you today?

Me:
Just wondering when MG will release some information about the nationwide outage of the iSmart system and the car's mobile data service connectivity. It's impacting the ability to remotely manage car's systems, charging management, battery and car pre-heating and other systems such as the weather updates and so on.
Thanks

Donna:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Can I just confirm if you already made contact with your local dealer regarding this?

Me:
No, but others have and the dealers say it's nothing to do with them. This is a national outage of MG's connectivity.

Donna:
Thanks for the confirmation. Don't worry, I'll make sure to forward your details to our team so they can get back to you as soon as possible to resolve the issue regarding the iSmart app.

Donna:
May I know your name, postcode, contact number and the best time to contact you, please?

Me:
<provides details, also confirmed email after that was also requested.>

Donna:
Don't worry, MG will be in contact with you regarding this as soon as possible.

We'll see if there is any response.

Still no connection. Anyone else?
same, still down...

I have bugger all to do tomorrow morning, so I'll give roadside assist a buzz if it's still down

Just called roadside assistance, they are unable to help and advise to contact the service centre or a dealership...

Edit: he just called me back and gave me a number to call for customer support.. dunno if I can post it here though...

Edit 2: Have called twice now. Both times no answer. Left a message both times with callback instructions.... nada ... number was 1800 825 324

Pretty disappointing service tbh

I still find it weird, since my Home Assistant setup at home has been talking to my iSmart account all the way through. I could see charging, gps locations and so on all weekend and today.

My last successful update with live car data was 20th March, 11:16 am (last Weds, 5 days ago from typing this).

I saw the same behaviour with the 3G indicator as one of the posters above (alternating between 1 bar, many bars and nothing).

Still down for me too. Did you do anything to the car?

I'm in NSW, maybe it's state-based?

Honestly, I sort of expected third party software issues. MG is not exactly known for their cutting edge software or support.
Nothing other than go to get in and unlocked it with the key fob. Had been down continuously from Friday afternoon. I normally use the app quite a bit to monitor recharging via my solar panels. Scanned the car just now to check 👍

I suppose it could be state based with the telco carrier. MG Aust got back to me via messenger but provided no insight.

Mine is back. I got in the car, connected my phone with the car's bluetooth, opened the app and it connected. Then got out of car and locked it, moved away out of bluetooth range and reopened the app and it was working again.

back online here too … Had no connectivity until I read @wattmatters post. I got in, waited for it to boot, it connected with 4 bars to 4G on the infotainment screen. Got out and locked up. Tried again and successfully scanned the car.

cheers all

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel