Lane Keep Assist feature

If possible can you post a picture show your software type please
Sure, there you go!

nSMhjJ2.jpg

No idea what the hell is going on because I had a software up date done last week for the door locking in recall and when it went before anything was change my screen showed
After the update it has 1100R10
Les
9A2ADEA5-3E74-49D5-A458-58FC982ABD59.jpeg

Attachments

• 0F765134-BC89-410F-95DC-D89CFB212E8D.jpeg
    0F765134-BC89-410F-95DC-D89CFB212E8D.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
No idea what the hell is going on because I had a software up date done last week for the door locking in recall and when it went before anything was change my screen showed
1300R12
After the update it then had 1100R10
Les
View attachment 15759View attachment 15760
The middle set of numbers (perhaps the "build" number?) has increased, from 29867 to 29958.

Maybe that's where we should be looking?

The middle set of numbers has increased, from 29867 to 29958.
Maybe that's where we should be looking?
You might well be right,
I think we are all guessing who the heck knows what’s right or wrong anymore maybe just maybe a very kind MG trained technician can advise us here on the from, as to what is the correct numbers for which model i:e what software should we be seeing in the following,

MG4
SE SR
SE LR
Trophy

Thank you in advance
Les

Are you switching it off after you've pressed the brake pedal to get to READY state? If you do it beforehand then it resets once in READY state. (For me the clue is whether or not I get a Confirm dialogue ... if I don't then the car is not in READY state).
I have an SE LR and I have exactly the same as Siteguru. It took me a while to realise that unless I got a confirm message to press it remained on.

It was more of a surprise to have the car take control when I thought it was turned off!

I have reported the LKA behaviour to EuroNCAPs who got back to me to say they are in discussions with MG over the behaviour of the system. Today I have also reported the issue to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) using an online form www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-faults/report-a-serious-safety-defect

I contacted MG directly but they ignored me, perhaps they won't ignore the Government. I also gave the dealership a list of software faults which they forwarded to MG, but I have heard nothing back. I just hope their software developers don't work on aircraft critical systems or planes would be falling out of the sky!!!

I thought the consensus was:

- 1100 series: SE
- 1300 series: Trophy
Yes but that's just our inference, unless it means that Les used to have the Trophy build by mistake - or I have speculated that the SE build was branched from the Trophy stack and maybe Les had a very old software version from before this?

If this, it is possible that you cannot ulgrade to the latest in one step and so at a future update Les can get the latest.

Be great to have MG explain it!

Yes but that's just our inference, unless it means that Les used to have the Trophy build by mistake - or I have speculated that the SE build was branched from the Trophy stack and maybe Les had a very old software version from before this?
If this, it is possible that you cannot ulgrade to the latest in one step and so at a future update Les can get the latest.

Be great to have MG explain it!
Your right in that last line tsedge, but I don’t see it coming I have requested such information above hoping maybe someone might open the box but nothing as yet.
I do believe there might have been some early cars sent out with something not as it should be in the set up, along with the wrong glass fitted in the rear and doors that can lock you in the car and my wife’s car is one of the first batch it does appear to be behaving it’s self a bit better since the change of software.
What I don’t understand is not all car regardless of are having the same software when they are changed.
Only thing we have is a row of numbers which we really have no idea what relates to what.
Les.

Wait a minute. Where is the hazard lights button on the SE?
Hi Eber I think maybe you mean the rear fog light switch well if so you will find in the home screen only I think top left in this picture next to BBC
54EE6DE1-9943-4744-A9C4-BF5551497520.png
Hazard switch in in the centre next to the home button
Les

Yeh you right eber mix up in pictures by me I need to check and will sort it out. I think that’s my 5 screen will get back.
Les

Eber please read #55 below

Last edited:
... I have the basic LFP SE (with free tinted rear windows) - the car was built summer 2022 - and has had the update in Jan 2023 - same as Les? - software version is currently 1100R10 - with the hazard button in the centre as #51. the car defaults to off every morning (even though it says lane assist is on - via the screen - its certainly off-as just dont want it on! - its terrible)

Right everyone I have made a right cock up here, Eber pointed out in #52 of this thread that my pictures of software fitted to my wife’s mg4 did did appear to be the right car 🤔 well folks he was correct and I thank him for bringing this to my attention, what I had done in error was post a picture of my MG5 facelifted model from my phone by mistake so I might have led some of you reading this thread in to believing I had different software than some of you, I might well have but I have amended any of my posts and removed any pictures that are not relevant to this subject in this thread that the annoying thing for me is I can’t find the correct pictures but I’m still looking, I can only apologise for any confusion I might have caused and hope for your acceptance.
Les

Right everyone I have made a right cock up here, Eber pointed out in #52 of this thread that my pictures of software fitted to my wife’s mg4 did did appear to be the right car 🤔 well folks he was correct and I thank him for bringing this to my attention, what I had done in error was post a picture of my MG5 facelifted model from my phone by mistake so I might have led some of you reading this thread in to believing I had different software than some of you, I might well have but I have amended any of my posts and removed any pictures that are not relevant to this subject in this thread that the annoying thing for me is I can’t find the correct pictures but I’m still looking, I can only apologise for any confusion I might have caused and hope for your acceptance.
Les
IMG_4747.jpeg

err - mine is currently showing - I think my car needs a clean both in & out.

Les
It is fine Les, easily done and no bother.

Soooo - recall on mine it defaults to OFF, but when I get into the car, the lane assist button shows ON. But as soon as I touch the brake peddle it magically switches back to the OFF, and stays off. I’m not sure if the OFF is because it’s the default or it remembers the last setting (I.e. a memory function)

Folks this is in no way meant as a criticism or to point score, posting this as it's the first time I've heard it in mentioned in a review.

Turns out the MG’s standard ‘Pilot’ advanced driver assist functions are indeed ambitious in scope but clunky in operation, grabbing at the steering with the smoothness of a ham-fisted learner. I’m sure it works well enough on China’s new open highways. Over here, not so much.

From a group test in Top gear magazine

Trophy delivered on 1st March and the LKA is so dangerous. There has been multiple occasions where the car has initiated a random swerve right or left. When the conditions are poor … that’s when it really goes bad.

Car is booked in with dealership start of April for a list of issues.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back