Lane Keep Assist feature

Does it actually say that > I set mine to just say Hello and Zip - Nothing was said lol

&
I tried this today and left the car for 15 min whilst I picked up little one … reset back to normal :(
Yeah most annoyingly your correct - Not that its annoying your correct but the fact that a few mins the car keeps it but 15 mins and boom back to normal - What I found is left on as set is 'Alert sensitivity' - But I dont like nor want is the Emergency Lane keeping as DEFAULT - I'm setting it on Lane Departure Assist at the mo 'by Choice each time I get in'

I apologise if this has been raised previously but the thread is now so long I might have missed it.

My wife is the main driver of our MG4 Trophy.

We realised early on (because of this Forum, not because the Dealer informed us !) that her experience of fierce/murderous/suicidal steering reaction to the LKA feature meant that it would have to be turned off and that this would need to happen for every trip.

However, on numerous occasions she has experienced the LKA turning itself back ON despite having been turned OFF.

Even though she has turned on the LOW setting, the sudden turning on of the LKA has caused the car to violently veer to the left which isn't good for her as she has arthritis in her hands.

She can literally see (as she now keeps the page of the infotainment screen with the LKA switch on display as she drives) the switch move from OFF to ON as she is driving along !

As others have said, this seems to me to be a safety critical hazard and I understand that at least one member has reported the issue to the DVSA via Vehicle recalls and faults.

I would appreciate any views or remedies that other members of this forum can provide.

I apologise if this has been raised previously but the thread is now so long I might have missed it.

My wife is the main driver of our MG4 Trophy.

We realised early on (because of this Forum, not because the Dealer informed us !) that her experience of fierce/murderous/suicidal steering reaction to the LKA feature meant that it would have to be turned off and that this would need to happen for every trip.

However, on numerous occasions she has experienced the LKA turning itself back ON despite having been turned OFF.

Even though she has turned on the LOW setting, the sudden turning on of the LKA has caused the car to violently veer to the left which isn't good for her as she has arthritis in her hands.

She can literally see (as she now keeps the page of the infotainment screen with the LKA switch on display as she drives) the switch move from OFF to ON as she is driving along !

As others have said, this seems to me to be a safety critical hazard and I understand that at least one member has reported the issue to the DVSA via Vehicle recalls and faults.

I would appreciate any views or remedies that other members of this forum can provide.
The car must be turned on (press the brake pedal, the dash should display "Car ready") before turning LKA off, or it re-activates when you move off.
The symbol at the top left of the dash screen should be yellow when LKA is off and white when it's on.

The car must be turned on (press the brake pedal, the dash should display "Car ready") before turning LKA off, or it re-activates when you move off.
The symbol at the top left of the dash screen should be yellow when LKA is off and white when it's on.
The UI really should make this much clearer and it should not allow you to change sliders when in the wrong mode. It is really easy to forget this.

I appreciate the responses so far !

As Siteguru remarks, the situation is slightly different in that she is ALREADY DRIVING (having previously switched off LKA) when LKA turns itself back on.
Does it do it when she goes above a certain speed?

WonkotheSaneUK
I think you not quite right it’s green when it’s in use as the Cruise Control is just a technicality but to save any confusion

542C08E5-C553-4506-8CE1-3A5519EB524D.png

Les

Last edited:
This issue was very bad at first and back in the thread I explain on day one about having to stop the car and find LKA in the screen and switch it off as it was very strong and well below the speed where it is set up to come into operation which is 37mph, now it as been back for some up dates the locking in one in particular, it works fine my wife has never complained about it since and when I have driven its no where near as violent as it was at first and I’m not sure as I don’t drive it that often now but I think if it’s turn off it stays off.

So Bacarelle maybe your car needs an update what’s on ours now is, even if I do steer it deliberately outside the lines, it gently attempts to pull me back, but we get a warning and the steering wheel vibrates, but this does not happen if the indicator is switched on.
My 5 is the same basically
Les

Last edited:
WonkotheSaneUK
I think you not quite right it’s green when it’s on as the Cruise Control is just a technicality but to save any confusion
Les, green means it is Activated, white means it is On (i.e. ready to activate). :)

It could be that LKA was deactivated with the car not in READY mode and it reactivates at over 37 mph. To rule this out I would make sure the car always is in READY mode whenever LKA is deactivated.

The other way round you could deliberately deactivate it when the car is not READY and see what happens to the slider in the menu when you go over 37 mph to rule out user error.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back