Lane Keep Assist feature

So to report on how it’s going after the dealer update: Nothing has really changed. The emergency lane keep is still as deadly as it was before! :(

I think it's because the SE models only have Lane Keep Assist - they don't have Emergency Lane Keeping ... I think it's the latter which gives Trophy owners the heebie-jeebies.
This is correct sir. Turned off ELK for the journey just gone and it was fine. I’ve found that it goes whacky when: the road is not flat and it’s slightly hilly, the sun is shining at camera, it’s raining. Flat straight A road? Yeah it’s grand.

So to report on how it’s going after the dealer update: Nothing has really changed. The emergency lane keep is still as deadly as it was before! :(
Hopefully only a matter of time until someone comes up with a hack to turn it off permanently.
From reading this thread I see some aren't really troubled by it. I think it may depend on where you drive. Most of my driving is on A and B class rural roads, 60 mph limit, one lane each direction. Driving in such roads with it fully on is a real white knuckle ride, suicidal in fact. Especially in damp roads drying out. Not such a problem on motorways or more urban roads.

This is correct sir. Turned off ELK for the journey just gone and it was fine. I’ve found that it goes whacky when: the road is not flat and it’s slightly hilly, the sun is shining at camera, it’s raining. Flat straight A road? Yeah it’s grand.
Right handy if you live in Scotland, loads of rain and hills

I think it's because the SE models only have Lane Keep Assist - they don't have Emergency Lane Keeping ... I think it's the latter which gives Trophy owners the heebie-jeebies.

Well if it’s worse on the Trophy it must be horrific.
The one time I left it on as an experiment in my SE it got so confused approaching these lights that the wheel was being wrenched in all directions.

Attachments

• IMG_4413.png
    IMG_4413.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
My LKA in normal driving mode only beeps and vibrates the wheel if it thinks i'm going over white lines.

In TJA mode it will only attempt to steer when the green wheel is lit on the dashboard and the blue lines appears on the side of the road graphic, but in my experience so far (not that much ODO is only at 120 miles) its been fine, a lot of the roads I have been driving on have white lines painted on the outside as well as in the middle, so possibly thats helped guide it more accurately. When it cannot detect the road layout the green wheel icon goes off and I can steer myself.

Finally got around to using the OBD11.
What a very professional piece of kit, amazing app.
Anyway, took seconds to permanently turn off lane assist in my Cupra Born.
I’d suggest MG4 owners either keep a look out on the OBD11 website or email OBD to make a dongle for it.
Honestly the best £50 I’ve ever spent on a car. ❤️

I’d suggest MG4 owners either keep a look out on the OBD11 website or email OBD to make a dongle for it.
I will get around to doing this, thanks.

Submitted a request via their website Contact us 😁.

Now very close to finally picking up the Smurf Trophy so is it odd that I’m looking forward still to hoping there’s still a bit of the white knuckle country driving fight left in the system?

I live in dullso suburbia so will putter about in fairly well lit and marked roads for the main but my brother lives out in the sticks a good deal more. Hoping there’s still some two handed driving glove gripping sweaty battles to be had with the system on the odd occasion I pootle over his way.

Now very close to finally picking up the Smurf Trophy so is it odd that I’m looking forward still to hoping there’s still a bit of the white knuckle country driving fight left in the system?

I live in dullso suburbia so will putter about in fairly well lit and marked roads for the main but my brother lives out in the sticks a good deal more. Hoping there’s still some two handed driving glove gripping sweaty battles to be had with the system on the odd occasion I pootle over his way.
Gargamel‘s magic might still be lurking deep within the software, so beware. 😈

What is OBD11? (So many people assume we all know what codes and letters mean! Lol)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back