• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Leaks of the new MG4

EVsince2016

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
These are some of the alleged pictures of the MG4.

I asked at Fully Charged why it wasn't there and was told it was supposed to be but covid lockdowns in China had put it's unveiling & manufacture quite a bit.

It was meant to be shown at the Beijing motor show but that was postponed following covid lockdowns in China…

Anyone know where the charge port will be? Doesn't seem to be front and centre any more.
Looks like it's on the back left side.

Looks like it's on the back left side.
I'm one of those that believes the charge port should be front and centre, so I hope that the port is there on the prototype only because it's not yet the final metalwork... but I really don't know how these prototypes work.

Though I see a comment (about a Polestar) that left rear is good for Australia (and therefore I assume for the UK).

I'm one of those that believes the charge port should be front and centre, so I hope that the port is there on the prototype only because it's not yet the final metalwork... but I really don't know how these prototypes work.

Though I see a comment (about a Polestar) that left rear is good for Australia (and therefore I assume for the UK).
My current car, Hyundai Ioniq Electric has the charge port on the back left side and it's fine for me.
I always park my car in reversed way and have the charger behind my car.
For fast charging at Fastned for example it's better when the charge port is at the front.

So there is a case to be made for both charge port locations. Why not have a charge port at the front and the back of the car so you can choose. ;)

They look good in the metal. Wasn’t expecting them to be rolling off the production line so soon either.
I suppose looks are subjective, it looks like a Fiat Tipo, pretty much as dull as ditch water. I'm sure it will do very well if they price it right.

It's about time we got something properly interesting, where's the e-motion I was promised way back in 2017 that should have been here already? :(

Last edited:
046xguqbyo091.jpg

Pic off reddit.

Seen this as its interior ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-232555_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-232555_YouTube.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 271
I suppose looks are subjective, it looks like a Fiat Tipo, pretty much as dull as ditch water. I'm sure it will do very well if they price it right.

It's about time we got something properly interesting, where's the e-motion I was promised way back in 2017 that should have been here already? :(
As you say looks are subjective, and to me most hatchbacks look the same now, as do most SUVs.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 425 79.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back