Led rear indicator and reverse lamps

Just fitted the ones the OP listed. Work great and are much better and clearer than the halogens.

One observation I would have, getting the lights out is really easy but before fully refitting the clusters, check the new bulbs are installed correctly as with LEDs, if they are installed the wrong way round, they don't work. Managed to do this with both my amber bulbs and had to take them out and spin them 180 in the holder. Retested and fine.

Other thing, when I first took the tail light cluster out, the fixings were only finger tight, almost loose!

Last edited:
My Mazda 3 had a really bad leak in the back where the rear bench was soaked through, I traced it back to the rear clusters by dropping the rear seats and sitting in the boot whilst my missus drench the car with a hose. They were the opposite, being too tight to the point the foam sealing gasket where the lens contacts the car let floods of water through. I peeled the foam off and reinstalled them with a bead of silicone sealant in its place and has been water tight since

The argument led rear bulbs are not legal :sleep: . I had a skoda VRS with rear led brake lamps indicators and reverse lamps which went through 4 MOTs at 4 different garages . I would far rather see an LED fitted that works than someone with a filament lamp which is faulty which i often see. HID and LED retro fits i agree with in a reflector not projector lamp as the beam pattern is terrble. Funny every forum has a wannabe police officer i guess. Sign up with your local speed watch you will get a speed gun and a florry jacket use some of that time wisely.

The argument led rear bulbs are not legal :sleep: . I had a skoda VRS with rear led brake lamps indicators and reverse lamps which went through 4 MOTs at 4 different garages . I would far rather see an LED fitted that works than someone with a filament lamp which is faulty which i often see. HID and LED retro fits i agree with in a reflector not projector lamp as the beam pattern is terrble. Funny every forum has a wannabe police officer i guess. Sign up with your local speed watch you will get a speed gun and a florry jacket use some of that time wisely.
I'm agree and I'm not policing anything. I am considering LED bulbs for my rear lights too.

It is worth people knowing about the legality issue - and clearly some did not know - whether that matters is an individual decision.

I've just fitted led reverse lamps and indicators 10 minutes a side each and a huge difference over the stock lamps . ive always hated the yellow look of the reverse lamps and light output is non exsistent. Stock indicators arent very bright either and the new ones twice the light output. I thought i had taken a before and after but i messed up.
First job is to use a craft knife to ping off the bolt covers then undo the 2 x 10mm bolts below each cover and slide the entire light assembly out. Disconnect the wiring plug by a minimum amount of downward pressure on the locking tab then the entire unit lifts away.
I used a magnetic socket end as the bolt is recessed and if it falls down it will end up in the bumper however a couple of bangs underneath on the under tray and out it rolls if this happens
Both lamps come out with a quarter turn . Refit reverse of removal easy job.

Amazon product ASIN B08QN1R78F
Amazon product ASIN B0B7RHKWS2
Just changed out the rear indicator bulbs for the Led's not a problem & what a difference. No real need to uncouple the white plug, got the wife to hold light cluster .Next week reversing light 😉

I've just fitted led reverse lamps and indicators 10 minutes a side each and a huge difference over the stock lamps . ive always hated the yellow look of the reverse lamps and light output is non exsistent. Stock indicators arent very bright either and the new ones twice the light output. I thought i had taken a before and after but i messed up.
First job is to use a craft knife to ping off the bolt covers then undo the 2 x 10mm bolts below each cover and slide the entire light assembly out. Disconnect the wiring plug by a minimum amount of downward pressure on the locking tab then the entire unit lifts away.
I used a magnetic socket end as the bolt is recessed and if it falls down it will end up in the bumper however a couple of bangs underneath on the under tray and out it rolls if this happens

Excellent!

Can't say I've noticed the reverse light being particularly dim, I find it bright enough to illuminate whatever is behind my car, within about 10 feet.

Does anyone have any before and after photos at night of the rear view camera screen? With old bulb and new bulb? I'm not convinced it's worth changing them, myself.

Same for the rear indicators, I don't need them to light anything up, just to make it obvious that I'm turning, does anyone have -clear- before and after photos of these?

I've always been one for upgrading bulbs in most of my cars, but haven't seen much evidence that it would benefit my Trophy.

I have the LEDs bought but not got round to doing it yet. I fear canbus errors appearing as soon as I use them and have to reverse the process putting back the halogens :(

Some clear before and after shots or even videos of them working would be great!

But surely, the brake lights are already bright enough? I must admit.....I struggle to sit behind cars at night especially in rainy conditions at the traffic lights or junctions when they've got their foot on the the brake pedal!

AND ANOTHER THING... when I was taught to drive, it was illegal to stop at lights, zebra crossings etc without putting the handbrake on! 😁
And between changing direction when doing a three point turn, I mean turning around in the road using forward and reverse gears.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom